View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
Radiant wrote:
Now that's what I call silly. Sims Medieval isn't even a The Sims game, it's just a new project that they slipped "Sims" on the title of to make it sell better.

The Sims is, what, the best selling PC series ever? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere else. They aren't going to stop it here.

It's kind of like Castaways on crack. Yes, it is a full game, but would they release an EP for it? Probably not. Howevery, if they do, then I'd believe that worry.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:10 am
come hither
come hither

If it sells well they will release an ep.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 am

EA referred to Medieval as a 'base game' so that suggests to me there will be expansions. I'm disinclined to buy it until I've heard it plays well.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

>_< That is such a downer. But hopefully that branches off, you know? I don't know if I like the concept so much. The game looks REALLY good, but I want this game to be good, too!

But then agian, technically this game already had it's basegame run. It was REALLY good, in my opinion. I mean, you have to exuse bugs and stuff, but I played basegame or a looong time.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:59 pm
come hither
come hither

Phlox wrote:
EA referred to Medieval as a 'base game' so that suggests to me there will be expansions. I'm disinclined to buy it until I've heard it plays well.

I read that as well and throught it definitely meant expansions were on there way as well. So i figure i will wait for some deluxe version to come out before i try it out if i decide to try it out.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:48 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

But the game seems so complete.. what would you add to it? Isn't it more RPG?

Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:48 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Based on a bunch of EA's other games, which normally only get a couple of expansion packs at most, I think that Medieval will more than likely get one, if not two.
I guess they could add magic to it in an expansion? Dragons, witches, etc. It'll also probably indicate that a TS3 magic pack would be released seeing that they're almost the same game and EA are lazy.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 am
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
Let's try and keep on topic everyone =P

I'm surprised we haven't gotten an official confirmation from EA yet, I'm dying for some new information!

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:08 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

ℓaurenღ wrote:
Let's try and keep on topic everyone =P

I'm surprised we haven't gotten an official confirmation from EA yet, I'm dying for some new information!

Same here. I was kinda mad when nothing came of last Tuesday. I think this will be a tell-all announcement though, kind of like how Ambitions was. I forget the other ones TBH. But no, hopefully pictures, and information. Then I'll make my decision on whether or not it's good.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
I kinda preferred the lead-up to World Adventures, with little bits of information and screenshots being released over a long period of time rather than everything at once. It make the months before its release exciting. Ambitions and Late Night were basically speculation, nothing, title confirmation, nothing, nothing, nothing, BAM everything you need to know, game's release.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:29 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Draik wrote:
I kinda preferred the lead-up to World Adventures, with little bits of information and screenshots being released over a long period of time rather than everything at once. It make the months before its release exciting. Ambitions and Late Night were basically speculation, nothing, title confirmation, nothing, nothing, nothing, BAM everything you need to know, game's release.

Well, that's what it'll be for Generations, IMO. I don't think their early bird marketing will work with Medieval going on at the same time.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:32 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Yes Medieval looks like an interesting game (though the Medieval times don't appeal to me much) but I just wish EA would stop plugging it every chance they get.

In my opinion, the good Sims name is being dragged through the mud here when it's attached to such games like Medieval, this is like the MySims fiasco all over again.

I will soon start loosing respect for The Sims if EA continue to create ridiculous spin-offs that have nothing to do with Sims at all, other than putting the name in the title.

I suppose when the likes of MySims and Castaway were released, The Sims 2 was still in it's prime and still popping out great Expansion Packs, but now it is affecting The Sims 3 (World Adventures anyone?)

I know a number of people who have stopped playing The Sims because of what has happened to the franchise, and that makes me sad. I almost feel like an outcast now when I say I play The Sims, or suggest it to other people, as they know now that it isn't this "smart", "clever", "simulation" game any more. It's a sell-out for pre-teens who like dressing up dolls... :no:

I'm still holding onto The Sims 3 and waiting for EA to start releasing quality EPs again...

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

jonny159 wrote:
I know a number of people who have stopped playing The Sims because of what has happened to the franchise, and that makes me sad. I almost feel like an outcast now when I say I play The Sims, or suggest it to other people, as they know now that it isn't this "smart", "clever", "simulation" game any more. It's a sell-out for pre-teens who like dressing up dolls... :no:

I'm still holding onto The Sims 3 and waiting for EA to start releasing quality EPs again...

That's pretty harsh... Honestly TS3 has much more potential than TS2 ever did! I mean the traits alone is a feature that will keep me from playing TS2 or TS1 ever again. Same with the customization of everything. It sucks that with each EP comes with a new set of glitches in this franchise but when has it not been this way? I admit that TS3 has gotten worse with this but I have never experienced a set of glitches that hasn't allowed me to play the game the way that I want to.

I feel that if Generations is nothing more than new interactions between sims then I will lose hope for the franchis because they are listening to the wrong people. Usually those people are content with small interactions between sims; I mean, just look at the ideas on TS3 for a family-based EP, there's no new content in their ideas (except for that goddamned pre-teen stage).

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Offtopic: I honestly beg to differ. The Sims 3 is soo much better for building houses, thats just about all I do now adays. I mean, yeah, I have save files, but I build houses so much more. Maybe after I'm done with my world, I can start playing it again, and then revamp it every EP, hahaha.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:57 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
jonny159 wrote:
I almost feel like an outcast now when I say I play The Sims, or suggest it to other people, as they know now that it isn't this "smart", "clever", "simulation" game any more. It's a sell-out for pre-teens who like dressing up dolls... :no:

This is what I feel too!
Its such a shame.

Swatme101 wrote:
Offtopic: I honestly beg to differ. The Sims 3 is soo much better for building houses, thats just about all I do now adays. I mean, yeah, I have save files, but I build houses so much more. Maybe after I'm done with my world, I can start playing it again, and then revamp it every EP, hahaha.

And swat, I see where you're coming from too, building houses is still the main part of what I do, but they thow it back in our faces and 'child it up' by adding sparkly effects when you place walls and bubble popping sound effects when you place things. I kind of hate that. It was the first thing I noticed when I played ts3 for the first time, I straight away went to build a house and saw all of these awful effects that just take up so much space and time and effort they could have put into making something else or fixing a bug.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:31 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Swatme101 wrote:

Offtopic: I'm sorry but I can't resist this off-topicness. I do agree with this as well. What they did with the basements this time around was genius because now I don't have to use weird angles to play in the basements. I can definitely relate to revamping your world for each new EP. Currently trying to do that myself, hahaha. Which is why I'm just DYING for new information since I know where I want to expand my CAW for Generation's new content.

If Generations doesn't include weather/seasons, a carnival, or something new and exciting (new interactions don't really count) then I will be disappointed. And that's my bottom-line.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Eugh. Why is EA being so elusive? Jesus. Just announce the goddamned EP already. Shouldnt it be coming out in like a month following the 6 month scheduel?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:43 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

hunter wrote:
Eugh. Why is EA being so elusive? Jesus. Just announce the goddamned EP already. Shouldnt it be coming out in like a month following the 6 month scheduel?

Everybody is saying it's because of Medieval.

Stupid Medieval. Everybody already knows that Generations exists, so there is no point in holding it back from us anymore.

Whether or not they announce the EP tomorrow or two years from now will not change the fact that I am not interested in Medieval and will never be.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:01 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I'm tellin yah. I'm feelin this Thursday. IF not, then I will be upset. I am just dying for new information. THeres like nothing to talk about, and speculation always bites you in the ass afterwards.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:03 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Swatme101 wrote:
I'm tellin yah. I'm feelin this Thursday. IF not, then I will be upset. I am just dying for new information. THeres like nothing to talk about, and speculation always bites you in the ass afterwards.

Why are you saying Thursday? Is there some kind of event going on that day?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next