View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
The Sims 3 is like a puzzle, if you've got one piece it's boring, but when you've got all the pieces it's funny because the game is complete.

The Sims 2 is complete, it's funnier than TS3 at this time.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:15 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I feel as though I don't have nearly enough info to say yea or nay about this EP yet. Maybe we'll be able to go into the kids' schools; that would be cool. Right now I think the child and teen stages in TS3 are pretty boring.

Fortunately, I'm looking forward to The Sims Medieval and playing that a lot before I think about the next TS3 EP.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:19 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I'm like dying for new information!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:37 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Supposedly Tuesday is when they're going to announce the EP. Not really sure where that info came from or how accurate it is though. Although announcing and featuring it at GDC would make sense.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
I feel this one is truly giving the community what they want.

This EP sounds like an EP to shut up majority of (pree teen?) players who post on the official forums 'I WANT BUGGIZ N STRULUZR FOR DA BAYBZ N WORC DEM IN DA PARK N STUFF LIKE DAT WUD BE RELI PRETTY XxXXxXXXx.

So many players of the above description ask for more social interactions (I know of one particular on this forum who is always wanting more social interactions to take lots and lots of close ups....) And this is EA giving those people what they want.

As for tree houses and pranks.... Treehouses will be like the play towers we already have, but with a tree. Pranks, again are just social interactions we had in TS2 from very near the begining (water balloon, ventrillo fart, hand buzzer)

I don't see EA adding more life stages in an EP, because it would cause issues with other expansions purchased after, if they add features for the 'pree teen stage' in a later expansion, but the player didn't buy generations, they will miss out on some of the content. And if they don't add more content to those life stages because of that reason, they will be very lacking in content, and I for one will get very bored with them quickly.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Hey now, I'm no preteen (I'm 22) and I would love to see strollers in the game. It only makes sense since Sims do walk around town carrying their babies. Just like the Pets EP has to come with usable leashes. It'd make the town look more alive and realistic.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:52 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Don't forget that some features can be applied to base game, for continunity. But I doubt that a life stage will be added. They already added YA to this game. But when they added it to TS2, it didn't interfere with any other EP because you ONLY saw YAs at college, no where else. It was like a special stage.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:38 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

WhiteCloud wrote:
The Sims 3 is like a puzzle, if you've got one piece it's boring, but when you've got all the pieces it's funny because the game is complete.

The Sims 2 is complete, it's funnier than TS3 at this time.

This is why I have such an issue. TS2 was NEVER like this. I played one expansion pack right up to the release of the next, TS3, I play the expansion for three days tops, then put it on the shelf and its been the same for each one. I haven't played late night since the date of release. whereas the sims 2 nightlife I played right up until OFB came out... This is why the sims kinda sucks now.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:32 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Swatme101 wrote:
Don't forget that some features can be applied to base game, for continunity. But I doubt that a life stage will be added. They already added YA to this game. But when they added it to TS2, it didn't interfere with any other EP because you ONLY saw YAs at college, no where else. It was like a special stage.

Yeah I definitely agree.... And find it really bothersome when people over in the TS3 forums (mostly) think that Generations is going to include content that would severely interfere with the base game as well as future EP's.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:51 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Scryer wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

Yeah I definitely agree.... And find it really bothersome when people over in the TS3 forums (mostly) think that Generations is going to include content that would severely interfere with the base game as well as future EP's.

Do they think that? That's funny. EA wouldn't do that. If anything, it will be further encorperated in future EPs, to an extent. But no, how TS3 adds features to basegame, that's awesome. But no, EA won't throw a curveball. If they do, then why should people buy this EP if it screws up future EPs? But for the most part, EA keeps their features seperate. The only thing that TS2 really blended was the creatures, like how you could apply different creature types to different cretures. Couldn't you have a wareewolf plantsim, vampire servo, etc etc? But that's pretty basic anyways.

By the way, I forget where but somewhere it say that they will be annoucning the EP tomorrow. Hopefully we get more information.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:55 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I was hoping for Pets tbh.
But at this rate it's guna be like the 10th ep.
I think Seasons will come before Pets because most people want that.
So if seasons ain't the next one then I'm worried Pets won't even happen

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:26 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I am honestly really excited to see what twist is on TS3 pets. It should be interesting. But I think they are going to announce some Generations stuff today, but I may be wrong.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:38 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I'm really waiting for Pets as well. I think pets would be a cool feature to add to Generations... if it's more about family interactions, I think pets could fit into that, but I kind of doubt that will happen.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
come hither
come hither

yeah, idk i really don't care about the breeding of the pets that much. I want breeding to be possible, but maybe if they focus a little less on genetics and creating the perfect looking pet this time around, they can use the extra time to add more features with a pets ep... if that makes sense.

I would rather have a pet that somewhat resembles my dog that actually feels like a member of the family than have the perfect looking dog that my sims can play fetch with and feed basically.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Justin much? wrote:
yeah, idk i really don't care about the breeding of the pets that much. I want breeding to be possible, but maybe if they focus a little less on genetics and creating the perfect looking pet this time around, they can use the extra time to add more features with a pets ep... if that makes sense.

I would rather have a pet that somewhat resembles my dog that actually feels like a member of the family than have the perfect looking dog that my sims can play fetch with and feed basically.

OH I know what you mean. The customization was WAY too good. I mean, that'd be nice, but i'd be nice if they focused on the features too. But yeah, I doubt Generations will has Pets. It's wishful thinking. Seasons on the other hand, possible. I just really hope they let us get diving boards and able to go in the freaking ocean already!!!!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:24 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

I'm sure if they did add generations to an expansion pack, they would add the very basic change to the patch that comes out with it, like they have done with things like the new body sliders. So that even people who didn't buy the game, they could still have the change in the game.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:36 am

Generations sounds a bit fun.....BUT if it is all about families then we are definitely going to need more family related interactions between family members then we have now, and that includes ones that move out, for example they shouldn't be treated like guests when they come over to visit or stay the night and they lose some of their family interactions when they move. those things would be a nice fix or change to gameplay but I doubt it will happen due to tech reqs. sigh.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:59 am
Roomie
Roomie

Name: Inge
Roleplay: WifeWashMySocks
I'm getting concerned. Apparently Medieval is one of a new range. I have a horrible feeling they are going to gradually phase out The Sims as we know it in favor of more closed style gameplay. The Sims 3 as such seems to be becoming increasingly low-profile in EA's publicity.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Inge Jones wrote:
I'm getting concerned. Apparently Medieval is one of a new range. I have a horrible feeling they are going to gradually phase out The Sims as we know it in favor of more closed style gameplay. The Sims 3 as such seems to be becoming increasingly low-profile in EA's publicity.

Actually, I think you cuold be right. I'd never thought of this before but now you mention it it sounds like something that seems to be happening.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:10 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Now that's what I call silly. Sims Medieval isn't even a The Sims game, it's just a new project that they slipped "Sims" on the title of to make it sell better.

The Sims is, what, the best selling PC series ever? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere else. They aren't going to stop it here.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next