View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sim City 2.03 <Work In Progress> Progress Updated 09/01/2011 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Sim City 2.03 <Work In Progress> Progress Updated 09/01/2011
Sim City is a place where your sims can find their own story. This metropolis can offer any sim a full range of opportunities; which ones will you take?

Hey guys,

I've been keeping this project under wraps for quite a while just because I felt that it was too early to make a thread about it until now. I feel that my world is complete enough to be playable. I made all of the buildings (except for some of the EA ones; even then, I edited those) in my world.

The purpose to my CAW is to make a world that can handle all of the EP's that EA might give us... So I'll be updating this world to fit in each EP's new content as each EP and new version of CAW gets released. Here are my screenshots taken from a day in my sim's life (they are in the spoiler tags):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sim City Exchange Download Link

Now onto the features:

- Includes over 150 lots.

- No premade sims.

- Includes subways. You can get around pretty quickly with the subway system.

- All houses and apartments are furnished.

- Almost all of the apartments use elevators so if you particularly hate that, then this world might not be for you. But houses/duplexes do not have elevators at all.

- Apartments (especially smaller apartments) are designed to be realistic. This means a very limited space to live in.

- Starter homes are designed so that players can choose to start families and not pay as much for their homes for now.

- Will require Late Night and Ambitions to play. But I do use a lot of objects from WA.

Lifestyles:

Living in the centre of Sim City can be right for any sim. Whether your sim has lots of money, just starting out, has a family (big or small), or just likes to live on their own, there is definitely something for every sim here! Central Sim City also offers lots of activities for urban sims to do. This can range from watching the football game to going clubbing at night! Because Central Sim City is very large, there is a very detailed subway system that is designed for getting sims to places very quickly.

Living in South-Central Sim City is intended to attract sims that don't want to spend a lot of money on their housing. On the flip-side the apartments, duplexes, and houses tend to be very cozy so that your sim can do more things with their well-earned money. Because this part of the neighbourhood is still on the central island, these sims also have access to most of the entertainment venues!

Living in the suburbs is tailored for sims that have well-grounded jobs. The homes are more expensive here and they are also more spacious. The surrounding area is also very lush; trees, grass, and healthy parks encase the homes in this area. With the nearby school, it is no wonder that sims choose to raise their families in this area of Sim City.

Living in Olde Town can be a bit expensive depending on which house or duplex you purchase. Located just below the suburbs (although only one street long) this trendy area use to be the centre of Sim Ciity back in the day. Now that it is preserved by heritage laws, these old-fashioned homes can give any sim a taste of what it was like back then. This quiet neighbourhood is the perfect place for reminiscing and relaxing.

If you’re living on Opulence Island, it’s a safe bet that you’re rich or famous. This secluded island is the very foundation for the many mansions in Sim City. This is the ideal place for any sim that is rich or famous to live in unless they want a penthouse in Central Sim City. Opulence Island will cater to the sims that have money by giving them expensive mansions to live in and the privacy from the “unworthy” public. And it's just a bridge away from the centre of Sim City.

Living outside of Sim City will offer sims the peace, quiet, and cleanliness that no other part of Sim City can offer. With the surrounding lakes and wild-parks, it is a dream place to be for any sim that loves the outdoors. Although if you do need to get to the city you will have to travel pretty far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now I am testing my city for function and playability. So there aren't a lot of creative decorations (or even street-lights for that matter) added in yet. I'm kind of laying off of the creative decorations because EA might release an EP that adds in a bunch of lots that I want for downtown. And if that happens while I have tons of creative objects around; it will be hard to edit and update. If I suspect that the next EP won't add in a lot of buildings/lots, I will update this world with decorations pretty quickly.

When testing, please report any bugs, problems (even technical difficulty), feedback, possible solutions to any bugs, and constructive criticism here; or you can leave a message on my page. Please post any screenshots if you feel that you need to when providing feedback. I welcome any criticism as long as it is delivered professionally.

Here are my known bugs/issues:

- North Beach needs to be smaller. Sims walk into the ocean (which is an interesting version of swimming in the ocean lol).

- Aazy Nights (night club on the central Island) needs to be looked at.. For some reason the elevators don't show. If this happens enter in "testingCheatsEnabled true" and shift+click the lot and click on "build on this lot" to solve the problem.

- All clubs don't show the designated lights that I matched them with. Same with the effects machines even though I shift+clicked them. I'm not sure if there's a solution for this; on the flip side, players can add their own creative spin to some of the clubs.

- Revenant Penthouses has some issues with its elevator. I think I was building with move objects and wasn't paying attention.

Last edited by Scryer on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 am, edited 8 times in total.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:59 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Sim City 2.03 <Work In Progress> Testers Needed
*drools* I really need to get my act together and get these EP's! This looks amazing!It's simple and effective!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Swatme101 wrote:
*drools* I really need to get my act together and get these EP's! This looks amazing!It's simple and effective!

Agree I definitely need to get them. It looks fantastic!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:50 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thanks a lot you guys for the feedback! It is greatly appreciated! Please don't shy away from any constructive criticism (if you have any), I welcome it!

It isn't a big deal if you download my CAW without WA; I just use a bit of objects from that EP. But you definitely, definitely, need LN and Amb to play my world.

I didn't want to reply until I had more to show you guys. But because snootysims forums are not allowing me to put up my screenshots here, you are going to have to follow the link in my original post here to the Sims 3 forums. I just posted some new screenshots there!

If you decide to test out my world (or if you're just speculating), I am looking for bugs but I'm also wondering the following:

- Do you think that it has the potential to handle all of the EP's?
- What kind of a world are you looking for? What kind of a world do you wish that EA made?
- Does my world give you a variety of lifestyle choices for your sims (like urban living, suburban living, etc)?

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 am
Simmer
Simmer

Name: Jamie
I moved all my families from my twin brook over, its a really good city, what bridgport should of been!

Good work!

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:27 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

celticfc_rules wrote:
I moved all my families from my twin brook over, its a really good city, what bridgport should of been!

Good work!

Thanks a lot for your comments! There are still some issues that I need to quickly fix with my world when I get back home but I definitely appreciate the feedback!

If you have any suggestions, celticfc_rules, by all means, please share :) .

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Hi guys,

So I am finally able to put up the screenshots on this thread (sorry that it took forever).

So with the unofficial announcement of the new EP 4: Generations, I have definitely decided that I do want to expand the city towards the eastern part of my map. In my next update I'll be adding in major details, fixing known bugs, as well as epand the city a bit to fit in the new EP's content (which is currently unknown lol).

Anyways I'm trying to make this world for the TS3 players so I definitely want them to be more involved with this CAW project more so than the standard CAWs that are released. So I was wondering if you guys think that including some other players' lots (with their permission) in the next update would be a good idea? I just thought I would run this idea by.. Let me know what you think!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:45 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

With the newest update are you going to make it so when your sim goes to the beach they dont end up underwater? lol

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:24 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Ooh me like Scryer! when will you be done?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Danny
Woah I'm in love! :love: Awesome job on the city dude!

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

ieatn00bs4breakfast wrote:
With the newest update are you going to make it so when your sim goes to the beach they dont end up underwater? lol

Yes... Embarassingly enough, that is one of the bugs/mistakes that I need to fix in the next update :shy: . At least they can "swim" lol!! I've actually got a couple of good renovations planned for the beaches in Sim City that will hopefully encourage players to throw parties on community lots.

hunter wrote:
Ooh me like Scryer! when will you be done?

When EA finishes releasing Expansion Packs :nod: . I consider it an on-going project until that time because I really, really just want to play one neighbourhood and have access to every EP's content and still have living options for my sims.

As for another update... I can't see that happening anytime really soon just because I moved to a new city (and loving it!) and I don't have a PC gaming computer with me. I am so sims deprived that I am going crazy :scare: . I have even went as far to create a list and design plans for the next update lmao. As always I'm very open to suggestions because I do want to dedicate this project to the TS3 players (if it's good enough).

And thanks lamar1313 for the compliment! I'm glad that you've enjoyed it so far!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

WOW!

I just discovered this! You're doing a wonderful job :smile:

I've always wanted a world that has both a suburban and urban living style. I don't mind testing this out for you :nod: I'll just start a whole new generation. This city actually reminds me of New York City ha ha, there are some places in New York where you have urban and suburban living style side by side.

Thanks for this!

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:03 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

chippy wrote:
WOW!

I just discovered this! You're doing a wonderful job :smile:

I've always wanted a world that has both a suburban and urban living style. I don't mind testing this out for you :nod: I'll just start a whole new generation. This city actually reminds me of New York City ha ha, there are some places in New York where you have urban and suburban living style side by side.

Thanks for this!

Thank you! The New York influence was actually.... accidental lol :laugh: . I just wanted a city with a couple of nice bridges (since I think that they look nice) and then it just turned out to be a mini-New York. But I am trying to keep that 'Sims' charm to it, ya know?

All feedback is welcomed! If there are even any installation issues, I do want to know about it :nod: . I'm glad that you're testing it!

On a production note:

EA has confirmed that daycares are going to be added. Im still waiting to hear if there are any other new buildings but this has convinced me to release a new update after Generations is released. I might give you guys an update before that time but that would depend on a lot of real life factors.

I'm thinking about adding maybe 3 daycares to various parts of the city.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:19 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

you should add a mountain with campgrounds too! With the confirmation of sleeping bags it would be great. And maybe a ballet studi, since thats confirmed too! Anyway, i love it!

Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:58 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

hunter wrote:
you should add a mountain with campgrounds too! With the confirmation of sleeping bags it would be great. And maybe a ballet studi, since thats confirmed too! Anyway, i love it!

I'm not too sure if a ballet studio has been confirmed yet because I can definitely see ballet being taught at the school. Actually daycare community lots havent been confirmed... Only the daycare profession has been confirmed lol!

I'm also not too sure if I want to add a mountain because I haven't ever seen any mountains in CAW that I consider to be really well-done. I will stand corrected though. Besides, I really don't think that I have anymore room for mountains :shy: . As for campgrounds, I am totally game for adding more. Generally I do need more parks and fishing areas inside/outside of the city so I will have no problem making campgrounds when Generations comes out :nod: .

I also updated my first post to explain the different areas of Sim City.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:58 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

As my other thread in this forum suggests.. I am currently doing more work on my world! Except that with Generations and the new CAW patch being released, I am struggling everyday with making any progress. With that said, I have done very little work on my world because I need to be in EIG mode and that has been crashing on me.

Anyways, I just wanted to show you guys the progress that I have made. I plan on updating the current lots and areas that Sim City 2.03 came with before I create anything new. One area that needed some major work was the Island with all of the Mansions/Rich houses on (Opulence Island). Here are some screenshots (within the spoiler tags; they were taken in CAW) of the progress that I've made.

Blue Paradise (Opulence Island):

Spoiler:

Before and After Shot of a mansion I updated (Opulence Island):

Spoiler:

A Penthouse that I made in Central Sim City:

Spoiler:

Saturn - A dance club that I made in Central Sim City:

Spoiler:

I have done work on other stuff in my world such as replacing suburban houses, adding in streetlights and city decorations (such as signs), making a new graveyard, and other terrain/road edits. So I've done a lot of things that aren't exciting enough to take screenshots of :laugh: .

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:29 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Post Re: Sim City 2.03 <Work In Progress> Progress Updated 06/06/
Hiiii. Any new updates?

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:43 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

hunter wrote:
Hiiii. Any new updates?

Only some...

The new patch + Generations literally broke my game. In CAW, it's super hard to save anything (in EIG mode) without it crashing and at the moment that is what I was updating. So at the end of the day I have to save any lots into the lots/houses bin, load up EIG mode, place the lot(s), save, and hope that it doesn't crash on me. Everyday in CAW is a struggle.

I have tried to take care of the problem. I have reinstalled all of the games 4 times and so far I'm just not having any luck. The only CC that I do use is from the Store and a rug from MTS and my computer is pretty much designed for handling games so I know that this is an EA issue.

When I reinstalled my games, I also reinstalled CAW and that erased my Sim City file. Luckily I was smart enough to back those files up (and I also uploaded a newer version to the exchange but I'm a little too embarassed to call it an update) and now I am having major issues trying to load Sim City in CAW.

I'm a little disenchanted by this whole situation since Generations/Latest Patch. But I have worked on some lots that I hope to add in once I decide to struggle to get Sim City loaded back into CAW.

I'm really sorry for the long story and for the lack of updates by the way. I thought that once I returned to continuing progress with Sim City, it would be continuous.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:17 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

No problem, i fully understand your problems. I'm not having any problems in CAW myself, but i can understand, It's my game that is unplayable with glitches.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:38 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Alright so I got my world back in CAW a long time ago and I have done some work on it. Before that time I was working on lots in the game so I do have some screenshots with sims. So I have decided to share my screenshots with y'all on what's been done. It's hard to keep track of everything that I've updated because of all of the houses and apartments that I've added in so I'll just be giving you some of the highlights. Some of the screenshots were done in CAW/EIG so quality may vary :shift: .

Sim City Research Facilities and Biodome:

Spoiler:

Starwater Pool and Hotsprings:

Spoiler:

Opulence Beach:

Spoiler:

Avant-Garde Condos:

Spoiler:

Graveyard:

Spoiler:

Fun Randoms that shows various progress:

Spoiler: