Re: Has Anyone Figured This Out?
Yes you can!
I was so thankful to find this a week ago and revive Coconut Island after losing the CAW files eons ago. I'm also expanding Sunset Valley with all the expansion additions and new neighborhoods. but the big worlds can get wonky so make sure to SAVE OFTEN. you'll need S3PE to do it, not difficult.
Here's the link for how they did it, but I'll post the steps for ya tho to make it easierhttp://linna.modthesims.info/showthread ... artcomment
1. Open CAW. Make a new world, large 300 flat map. Save it and close CAW.
2. Open S3PE. Open the .world file that you want to edit (for example France, from Program Files\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\France.world ) - select all the resources and export as files, to an empty folder.
3. Close the premade .world file, and open the .world file made in CAW in step 1.
4. Import all the resources exported in step 2. Replace duplicates, use resource names, and compress are ticked. Save.
5. Open the edited file in CAW and SAVE AS and rename the world. Now you can go about editing in game and saving without crashing!
that's about it!