View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 First impressions and thoughts? 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Re: First impressions and thoughts?
[deleted]

Last edited by DeleteThisAccount on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:41 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Akadai wrote:
H.O.W wrote:
One thing is that the plasma drinks don't satisfy your vampire for too long. But I really like the boost you get from having donors. Lol my sim has like 3 or 4 of them to depend on. My sim can feed off one for the morning and won't need another drink until late at night. One thing about biting is the relationship doesn't need to be that high, and also once you get the first bite on a sim you can always depend on getting more. Biting daily is a good relationship boost lol, probably the best on the game.

I also feel like n'hood has too few houses though. My sim had a lot of money now (because of who she married) but there are really no big mansions to move into. The Celebs have occupied all of the houses in the hills except for one. I dont' see any luxury penthouses either but I think the other Celebs are in those too.

How high were your relationships before you could drink from other sims? I tried to do the "make sim think of me" action, which actually boosted their relationship quiet abit, and then I tried to do the "Drink" option, but my sim gets rejected every single time. It makes the whole "hunt" thing feel pointless to a blood sucking evil vampire who just wants a meal, not make friends (Which I'm currently working on fixing :evil: ). I don't mind the whole "friend doner" thing, but it's not something I want my more evil vampires to rely on

I've also noticed that it seems like sims stalk mine. I swear where ever I go, there's a giant group that suddenly shows up. Every time I go to work, a large group of random sims will show up outside the rabbit hole and just stand around, chat, or start playing instruments. Is this normal? It's been so long since I've played my game without awsomemod (which I believe stops sims flocking to your own)

There's alot more vampire sims than I originally thought. They seem to blend in pretty well most of the time, which is cool. For me it's hard to notice the glowing eyes if I'm zoomed in really close (also depending on their original eye color, or if it's morning or night), but easier to see if I'm zoomed out abit. I feel like I don't have to worry about them like I did in TS2 :smile:

Edit: I will also agree that celebs seem to be hogging all the big houses outside of the city. The EA sims always seem to occupy the big nice houses, like EA is giving them special treatment or something, leaving hardly any nice ones to the player. It's kind of annoying

Couldn't you just move out the premade sims and put your own in the big houses? It seems like a simple solution

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Akadai wrote:
H.O.W wrote:
One thing is that the plasma drinks don't satisfy your vampire for too long. But I really like the boost you get from having donors. Lol my sim has like 3 or 4 of them to depend on. My sim can feed off one for the morning and won't need another drink until late at night. One thing about biting is the relationship doesn't need to be that high, and also once you get the first bite on a sim you can always depend on getting more. Biting daily is a good relationship boost lol, probably the best on the game.

I also feel like n'hood has too few houses though. My sim had a lot of money now (because of who she married) but there are really no big mansions to move into. The Celebs have occupied all of the houses in the hills except for one. I dont' see any luxury penthouses either but I think the other Celebs are in those too.

How high were your relationships before you could drink from other sims? I tried to do the "make sim think of me" action, which actually boosted their relationship quiet abit, and then I tried to do the "Drink" option, but my sim gets rejected every single time. It makes the whole "hunt" thing feel pointless to a blood sucking evil vampire who just wants a meal, not make friends (Which I'm currently working on fixing :evil: ). I don't mind the whole "friend doner" thing, but it's not something I want my more evil vampires to rely on

I've also noticed that it seems like sims stalk mine. I swear where ever I go, there's a giant group that suddenly shows up. Every time I go to work, a large group of random sims will show up outside the rabbit hole and just stand around, chat, or start playing instruments. Is this normal? It's been so long since I've played my game without awsomemod (which I believe stops sims flocking to your own)

There's alot more vampire sims than I originally thought. They seem to blend in pretty well most of the time, which is cool. For me it's hard to notice the glowing eyes if I'm zoomed in really close (also depending on their original eye color, or if it's morning or night), but easier to see if I'm zoomed out abit. I feel like I don't have to worry about them like I did in TS2 :smile:

Edit: I will also agree that celebs seem to be hogging all the big houses outside of the city. The EA sims always seem to occupy the big nice houses, like EA is giving them special treatment or something, leaving hardly any nice ones to the player. It's kind of annoying

I don't know the exact number for bite, but I always go for a bite with the bar 1/4 full. It's more like right before they officially become your friend. I think it may just be easier for my vampire because she's a 5 star celeb now. Most of these other friends are celebs. I think that's a good idea though for evil vampires to have the ability to take a bite from any sim.

But the houses and thing is the biggest problem i have with the game. The n'hood just doesn't have much editing space. There is not much room to add new lots, and most of all the big houses seem to be taken. It's not a big problem though because that can be changed.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:07 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

True I can just evict them if I wanted, but I kind of like keeping the families around. I usually like to build my own houses, but H.O.W. has pointed out the problem there. I haven't actually messed with the world editor thingy yet (CAW?) but I might have to take a look into it and modify the terrain abit for better building options, and hope it's not too much of a hassle

I've successfully modded my game so that my sim can drink from who ever they want, regardless of relationship, but I'm still working on the overall vampire interactions, so it's not ready for public consumption

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:15 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Kraslev wrote:
Lola001 wrote:
Will in Simlish wrote:
It looks so awesome, except for the apartment, are all of the penthouses that small? :wha:

No, they're not all that small, some are really quite big and others are even smaller. My sim went to a party one night (which she was invited to because she's a celeb) and it had 6 bedrooms and large living space. It took up the whole top floor.

Where!? The best I could find so far was One Leo Something-or-rather... And that was only two bedrooms. Where did you find this giant one? I want it!

It's called Vista Trawler Lodge and it's 6 bedrooms, 2 baths. Here are a couple of pictures:
Spoiler:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 am
Profile WWW
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Am I missing something or are not all of the apartments selectable to move in to. I've tried a few times and have only had access to a few small apartments.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:15 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I think it's dumb that vampires can get sleepy at night.

I would try to create my own world but the tool runs really slow for me and that's frustrating. I guess if I can just add the Late night things to sunset i'd be ecstatic.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:18 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I was just thinking about how annoying that was today, that vampires get tired during the night :stare:

It seems plasma fruit can indeed be used with the nectar making machine, just as I had hoped. I haven't actually made any yet, but it lets you add them into the bin. So not sure what kind of moodlet it might give, or if it'll help with thirst at all. I took the 3 plasma fruit they give your sim when you become a vampire and planted them. I could have tested this out faster if they had actually added the plasma fruit plant in the buydebug menu, but they didn't, but I have my plasma fruit farm going now

My sim went out to a bar this one time, and I had suddenly got a notice that a burglar was on my lot. Seeing that I completely forgot to buy an alarm, I had to rush back to the house. I was to kick the burglars butt, but she still ran away with my... clothing washer :huh: :con:

I went back out to a bar, and when I came home again, the radio was suddenly turned on. I thought that was weird and turned it off. Then I noticed I had a new vampire gnome sitting in front of the radio. I don't know where it came from or how it got in my house, cause I sure as heck didn't find it. It just suddenly appeared there. I named it Vampira and enjoy it's presence around the house :smile:

Also, I have a quick question. So my sim keeps getting these stars or something, like I'm getting celeb points. Where do I check my sims celeb status? When I hover over my sim, nothing but her name shows up (no stars or anything). Do I just need to keep earning these "celeb points" for it to finally appear? I usually just order drinks for everyone at bars and I get one

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:56 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

After playing off and on for a few days, I have a few more impressions. I'm sick (pun intended) of the seemingly constant vomiting. Sims vomit as a reaction to so many things and it's gross. Some of the "Opportunities" are bugged because they tell you to go to buildings that don't exist. It takes Sims forever to do anything such as ride in an elevator and go anywhere. I'm wondering if that last problem would improve if my system had more RAM. Overall, though, it's still fun.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:06 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Akadai wrote:

Also, I have a quick question. So my sim keeps getting these stars or something, like I'm getting celeb points. Where do I check my sims celeb status? When I hover over my sim, nothing but her name shows up (no stars or anything). Do I just need to keep earning these "celeb points" for it to finally appear? I usually just order drinks for everyone at bars and I get one

You can check your celeb journal the same place you see your favorites and stuff and family tree I believe. It's a big star logo, also I think you don't see the stars until you have one. The quickest way to get them is to just socialize with other famous sims.

Paparazzi hasn't been that annoying for my 5 star sim, they just follow her around. One time I had one of them just follow her around all day, I pretty much ignored her but it was funny that they stalk you like that sometimes. Also I bit a sim out in public and got a notice that I've been seen biting a sim.

I wonder what is up with the gnomes? Good to know they make a apperance in Late Night too :laugh:

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:46 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Simstat wrote:
After playing off and on for a few days, I have a few more impressions. I'm sick (pun intended) of the seemingly constant vomiting. Sims vomit as a reaction to so many things and it's gross. Some of the "Opportunities" are bugged because they tell you to go to buildings that don't exist. It takes Sims forever to do anything such as ride in an elevator and go anywhere. I'm wondering if that last problem would improve if my system had more RAM. Overall, though, it's still fun.

No, Sims just take a long time to do things. The only real way to improve it IMO is get a fast car. Really helps you can just zoom around the city...or that Teleporter reward thing. But the elevator thing is annoying, sometimes a bunch of sims will try to get on one elevator and thats when things get messy.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:48 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I guess my sim hasn't earned enough to get a star yet, cause that journal thing isn't there. My particular sim doesn't want to socialize with most of the celebs, cause she doesn't like the way they dress and look too snobby (rp ftw :ton: ). Plus I want to see how hard it is for my sim to become a celeb on their own

I'll agree that the elevators take to much time, especially in my case. I usually get too many sims showing up anywhere, and they over crowd the elevators. The vomiting is dumb, it needs to go away. Hopefully EA fixes the opportunity bugs. Do they not even test these things? I don't understand how such a constant big bug gets past the testers, if they even have any

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:52 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Simstat wrote:
Some of the "Opportunities" are bugged because they tell you to go to buildings that don't exist. It takes Sims forever to do anything such as ride in an elevator and go anywhere. I'm wondering if that last problem would improve if my system had more RAM. Overall, though, it's still fun.

I fully agree with you sim stat, the whole elevator thing, they have to wait for it to open, wait for it to travel, and sometimes wait for other sims to get out first.... this can take up to a sim hour just to go to ground floor!!!

Here is my list of issues I have been having (feel free not to read if you think you will become defensive)

- For some reason my band never gets gigs....ever.
- all the non-controlled sims are always either extremely hungry or tired, or just walk around vomiting,
- every time I invite someone to my sims apartment, before I can interact with them they whip out their drum kit or keyboard and start jamming in the middle of the living room!!
-sims are constantly hopping into the spa, then out, then in, then out, and some of them cry for no reason.
-All the VIP lounges in my game are deserted, the only place that has more than 1-2 sims is the dive bars, where you can get attacked for no reason (bar brawl).
-If you are a 5 star celeb, you get the use of a limo, but instead of the limo taking you to your destination, it takes you to the nearest subway station!!!(talk about cheap lol)
-Some of the apartments are poorly set out/designed, they look like they have been slapped together in 2 minutes in build mode.
-every sim in the music carreer hangs outside the cineplex jamming until they pass out from fatigue.

most of the time i try and ignore these things, and still can have fun, but I don't think it is unfair to expect more than this!

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:45 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Do you think it might be that the world needs more time to populate? It doesn't seem like they populated the world with that many people.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:29 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
i am repopulating the town as we speak!

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:03 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I'm not sure if I should buy the game or not. It sounds like you all are having fun with it. Is it much better with than the base game and is the city more exciting?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:14 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

X-Anastacia wrote:
I'm not sure if I should buy the game or not. It sounds like you all are having fun with it. Is it much better with than the base game and is the city more exciting?

Yes! I think it's more fun than the base game and World Adventures and Ambitions together! :yeah: :dance:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:39 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

jinjaninja wrote:
Here is my list of issues I have been having (feel free not to read if you think you will become defensive)

- For some reason my band never gets gigs....ever.
- all the non-controlled sims are always either extremely hungry or tired, or just walk around vomiting,
- every time I invite someone to my sims apartment, before I can interact with them they whip out their drum kit or keyboard and start jamming in the middle of the living room!!
-sims are constantly hopping into the spa, then out, then in, then out, and some of them cry for no reason.
-All the VIP lounges in my game are deserted, the only place that has more than 1-2 sims is the dive bars, where you can get attacked for no reason (bar brawl).
-If you are a 5 star celeb, you get the use of a limo, but instead of the limo taking you to your destination, it takes you to the nearest subway station!!!(talk about cheap lol)
-Some of the apartments are poorly set out/designed, they look like they have been slapped together in 2 minutes in build mode.
-every sim in the music carreer hangs outside the cineplex jamming until they pass out from fatigue.

most of the time i try and ignore these things, and still can have fun, but I don't think it is unfair to expect more than this!

I swear it seems like every damn sim in the city has some sort of instrument (or two in some cases) in their pockets. I know they were trying to make the new instruments a high point for LN, but come on. Everywhere I go, there's some random sim that starts a jam session. Sometimes right in the middle of me trying to play for tips or something :mad:

I think sims you're not controlling are too dumb to take care of them selves. I get them all complaining about sleep and food as well. It seems the vomiting thing is 'mostly' stopped in my game, I haven't seen it happen as often now. The only sims that don't complain about food are the vampires, because it makes sure every day that vampires have 3 plasma fruits in their inventory (for uncontrolled ones)

Now I have the problem that my sims Fun motive is stuck right in the center. It wont go up or down, no matter what I do, even cheating. It just stays right in the center. All the other motives work fine. I have no idea when it happened or why, I just had suddenly noticed it wasn't going up when my sim was playing music. The consignment shop in my game also has no npc worker, ever. I think I saw that twallan might have a mod where I can fix that, but I haven't tried it yet

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:55 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Is there a way to fire Butlers? Because mines has become......a bit of a problem to say the least lol. Well...My Sims husband is cheating on her with the female butler :laugh:

I want to save the marriage for the children though but those two can't stay away from eachother. I see no where though to actually fire the Butler though and Dismiss just dismisses them for the day :con:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
H.O.W wrote:
Is there a way to fire Butlers? Because mines has become......a bit of a problem to say the least lol. Well...My Sims husband is cheating on her with the female butler :laugh:

I want to save the marriage for the children though but those two can't stay away from eachother. I see no where though to actually fire the Butler though and Dismiss just dismisses them for the day :con:

Have you tried using the phone or computer to fire them?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:03 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next