View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Two Things 
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Post Two Things
One, I accidentally let a vampire in the sun too long and she got the crispy moodlet, which blah blah says scarred blah blah. However, she looked fine. Does anyone have a picture of a crispified vampire or do they just feel crispy?

Second, has anyone seen random sims running about vomiting? Including, of course, those who don't even stop walking as they leave a bright green (or purple!) trail behind them.
I'm sure it's happened with others, but why?

Perhaps I should buy the guide.
But not yet.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:53 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: Two Things
Not sure about the first one, haven't let me vampire sim sit in the sun too long yet. As for the 2nd, I noticed some sims vomiting as well, which seems to be a direct reaction to seeing a vampire. I think it's retarded. This happened with servos too. There was a mod that stopped it from happening with servos, so it should be possible to do the same with vampires

I don't think I've seen one not stop to vomit though :huh:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:54 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I hate that vomiting reaction sims make to supernatural creatures. I don't mind it with mummies or servos really because I don't usually have that many walking around. However with vampires it might get on my nerves more.

It's extra strange how they make the vomiting reaction towards supernatural family members or friends....I can somewhat understand strangers doing it but don't you think Sims that have a relationship with your supe sim would be used to it and accept it?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:10 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I haven't paid any attention to vampires, but I thought the throwing up was drink related since I only saw sims doing it at bars. I never use the supernatural creatures, so why do sims throw up when they see one? That's just weird.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

So you're saying...they vomit from sheer terror?

You should leave a vampire out in the sun for a few hours and tell me if yours looks funny. Beware: the moodlet last for 2 days.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:33 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I was wondering why a man suddenly vomited at my sim's wedding. There was a vampire in attendance so that must have been why. It's kind of funny but also kind of annoying.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Well I decided to leave my vamp sim out in the sun to see what would happen. It actually takes quiet a while for anything to happen, giving the vampire plenty of time to get indoors, or do some minor tasks outside. After finally staying out long enough my vamp sim passed out (wasn't expecting that to happen) and she got the negative moodlet mentioned lasting for 2 days (-50 too, ouch)

After which, she had completely stopped appearing like she was smoking. Her skin looked completely normal as well (as normal as a vampire sim anyway)

So besides the negative moodlet... nothing appearance wise seemed to change

As for the vomiting, I think it might be trait triggered. I'm not sure which traits it effects, but not all sims have a vomit reaction. In one of my families, the wife of the family always wanted to vomit every time she saw the simbot. Everyone else in the family was completely fine

After messing around with the vampire XMLs I also found that becoming a vampire removes certain moodlets from ever happening, such as your sim becoming scared of the dark, feeling spooked (like if you're at a cemetery), among a couple of other related ones

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]