View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Restaurants 

Post Restaurants
Seeing as, for me, eating out is an integral part of after dark activities, I think the whole experience should be expanded, possibly to the level of nightlife. Seeing as people now work and live downtown, there will be the 2 restaurants (bistro and diner), but does this seem enough for a bustling downtown district? So maybe there could be the two restaurants that you can work at, being as they are, and the rest not being workable, and you can see everything, akin to Nightlife. Another option is that restaurants could be shells, so you can see your sim dine and everything, but the kitchen could dissapear (you know what I mean), and there could be like a service door at the back where workers could go like rabbit holes. Any thoughts?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:39 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: Restaurants
I think for now we are just to have to live with bars and rabbit hole restaurants. I just hope there is a few more restaurants, there will most likely be at least one.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:53 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

i do like your 'service door' idea.

but ultimately, what i would hope for is that they do decide to make a workable restaurant. i agree with you 100% about how it seems like a necessity. it's pretty obvious though that they aren't going to do it /yet/. but there are some good suggestions about how it would work.

obviously, the culinary career track is here to stay. that will be a rabbit hole career forever, period. but i think it would be good for the idea of a restaurant to entail that sims can actively work as waitresses and chefs, and whatnot. i'm pretty sure that in the sims 2, we couldn't /work/ in the restaurants until open for business.

given this information.. i think that we can say it might be added (the open restaurants idea) in the future, but that it will also be expanded on. it's a safe bet to say that it's something they should be planning on, and hopefully they are.

until then, we'll just have to see. :smile:

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:43 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Quote:
obviously, the culinary career track is here to stay. that will be a rabbit hole career forever, period. but i think it would be good for the idea of a restaurant to entail that sims can actively work as waitresses and chefs, and whatnot. i'm pretty sure that in the sims 2, we couldn't /work/ in the restaurants until open for business.

I definitely want some more part-time jobs.... Waiter/waitress would be great for that IMO.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:17 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Scryer wrote:
Quote:

I definitely want some more part-time jobs.... Waiter/waitress would be great for that IMO.

there is a career mod already existing, made by naraas that is here- http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=3482.0.

one of the many features is that it adds some part time jobs to regular careers. i noticed that it added one for the culinary career track.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 am
Simmer
Simmer

Name: Jamie
Post Re: Restaurants, djs and other things
should add proper restaurants into it, theres only 2 restaurants in the sims you can go for a date at and then thats a rabbit hole, bring back the restaurants and dates from the sims 1.

and why arnt they adding a dj booth, bit stupid if they add dance floors without a dj?

and i hope they bring proper alchoel into the game like the sims 1,

EA needs to learn more from the first sims!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:26 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

At least our sims can eat in bars now and they won't just serve drinks. On top of that we have the sandwich truck. I would however love to see the diner opened up.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post Re: Restaurants, djs and other things
celticfc_rules wrote:
and i hope they bring proper alchoel into the game like the sims 1,

there wasn't alcohol in the sims 1..

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:43 pm
Simmer
Simmer

when u were at the bar you could get the drinks, going by the names they were alchoel, and it let u chat up girls while drinking, just didnt get drunk from the drinks

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:31 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

celticfc_rules wrote:
when u were at the bar you could get the drinks, going by the names they were alchoel, and it let u chat up girls while drinking, just didnt get drunk from the drinks

this made me curious.. so i went into the game and checked.

are you talking about this juice bar?

and there are two other bars that you can buy at home:

it doesn't say the word alcohol anywhere.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:38 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Island Iced Tea (I think...I only ever order tequila and gin) is an alcoholic drink... So "Island Icee" is just a little slight name change.

I think that 'opening' up restaurants again would make a great addition to an OFB remake.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Scryer wrote:
Island Iced Tea (I think...I only ever order tequila and gin) is an alcoholic drink... So "Island Icee" is just a little slight name change.

in that case, it'd only be a matter of changing the text on what the drinks are for late night.

you have to admit, with the sims they've gotten surprisingly less mature with everything. i remember how in the sims 1, if you had the heart bed you could have both a female and male sim get naked and 'vibrate' in it, but you could also have them "play in bed". this was probably before the word 'woohoo' was thought up.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:04 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Didn't they say you could name your own drinks? Whatever the case, if they look like real drinks, to me that name isn't going to matter much. They've already implied a drunk like state, it's just named something else. I think the bars and drinks are actually one of the things I'm perfectly fine with compared to some of the other things coming with LN

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:08 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I just want to say that it's Long Island Iced Tea, not just island. I don't really see the problem with whether the drinks are supposed to be alcoholic or not. It's like how everyone keeps referring to the new fish in the wall tank as fake fish. It's a video game. All the fish are the same whether you call them real or fake, and any drink can be alcoholic or not depending on what you want to call it. The drinks have side effects and sims start dancing on the bars and stuff if they drink too much of them. So what's the difference in what we're getting and "proper" alcoholic drinks?

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I guess this is the same situation as "Nectar" when people (even my self :shy: ) wanted it to be called Wine. I think there was a mod that changed the name, but I never ended up getting it. It doesn't really change anything though, but I guess it can help with a persons personal immersion

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:18 am
Simmer
Simmer

i dont mind what there called really, sounds good if there going to make a drunk like state if u drink too much, would really like some of the bars to be open in the day too, would be funny to make a drunken coach potato slob, whos hotheaded and mean lol

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:12 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

losing your mind after having a few.. they could be drinking ANYTHING, really. after two red bulls i'm bouncing off of the walls, and they aren't alcoholic at all. so it isn't so much about a "drunken" effect that dictates their behavior.

it just depends on what it is, really. coffee makes people hyper and go berserk as well.

besides that- i'm really liking the obvious martini glasses. i was sure that nectar was the closest we'd get to wine, in terms of drinks.

i really don't know what they mean by 'naming' your drinks, but i do think that the beverages are already 'named' by what they're supposed to be. i don't know, though. :smile:

Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:11 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
im naming drinks those dirty names from shots! Can you do shots? Like Red headed slut, naughty school girl, blue balls on the rocks! Definately naming drinks like that! :gig:

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:39 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

well, in something i read it said that sims with a high mixology skill can name their drinks after other sims.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:32 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
ooh cool!

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next