View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My Ideal Expansion Packs *Business Idea Added* 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post My Ideal Expansion Packs *Business Idea Added*
After doing some thinking, I have decided on what my ideal seasons EP for TS3 would be.

I find that TS3 can make your sims feel so secluded in their own homes. There aren't too many outdoor activities that your sims can do. Or I at least find that there could be a ton of more things that your sims could do outside of the house; and there should be things that you want to send your sims to. So I would like to have the next TS3 seasons EP to have huge community events happen in each season as well as the ability to control how long each season lasts (just like you can in the TS2 EP). And you can also adjust the percentages of weather for each season.

Also in the next Seasons EP I would want disaster weathers along with the standard weather in TS2's seasons. I would like to see the Earthquake concept continued from Ambitions and I would also like to see violent thunderstorms (which causes blackouts), blizzards, floods, and heatwaves (which can sometimes cause brush fires).

Here are some of my ideas in relation to each season:

Spring:

- Weather includes lots of rain, moderate hails (which can kill you if you're out too long), moderate sunny days, and a small chance of snow. It also has a different lighting effect just like in the TS2 EP.

- Disaster weather includes floods (if there's lots of rainy days; make sure your sims have umbrellas or they'll get soaked!) and violent thunderstorms (which can cause blackouts or electrocute a sim to death!). Floods would cause damage to the home if you can't clean up the puddles fast enough.

- Like in TS2, Spring also improves your chances of getting successful "hits" with your romantic actions.

- Spring is a time of growth so have your sims enter themselves in the tree-planting contest. Eco-friendly sims and sims that love the outdoors will have a blast planting trees even if they don't plant the most!

- If the outdoors is not your sims' thing, then they can also attend the Music festival that happens in Spring. They can go to specific venues (which costs money) and they can enjoy their favourite kinds of music. Or they can be the sims performing at the festival if they pass the festival requirements.

Summer:

- Weather includes some rain, lots of sunny days, and some hail. It has the standard lighting effect except for different weathers and heatwaves.

- Disaster weather includes violent thunderstorms, earthquakes, and heatwaves (which de-energizes sims and dehydrates them).

- Summer helps improve your rate at making friends like in TS2. Summer in TS3 also encourages other sims to go outside (unless they hate the outdoors) rather than lounge around inside their own homes.

- Your sims can now go to the beach.... AND SWIM IN THE OCEAN! They can catch a tan or get sun-burnt if they don't use proper UV protection. Your sims also have to keep hydrated (its not a new mood, they would just get a negative moodlet if they haven't drank water for 4+ days) while out in the hot weather. If they don't get the hydration they need then your sim might suffer from heat stroke.

- If your sims are looking for more of a thrill, they can always attend the Summer Carnival that has pulled into town! Whether its a ferris wheel, "Haunted House", garden maze, fun-house, magic tricks, or a heart-stopping rollercoaster, your sims will find something fun to do at the carnival; even if it means running away from clowns! Or if they're feeling lucky, they can win some pretty cool prizes at the open venues or even enjoy the carnival food.

If a violent thunderstorm causes a blackout, your sims might be stuck on their rides for quite a while before the power is back!

I would want players to be able to create their own rollercoasters. So that system would be extensive... Not to the point where it's a roller coaster tycoon type game, but it would be extensive so that players can get super creative.

Fall:

- Weather includes sunny days, some hail, some rain, and maybe some early snow fall. It also has a different lighting effect just like in the TS2 EP. Severe weather conditions includes violent thunderstorms and Earthquakes.

- Autumn is the season where sims can earn school grades and skills a little faster.

- Fall is also the time that the neighbourhood harvest festival takes place! As long as you have cooked something (French Nectar is especially welcome!), you can gain entry for up to 5 sims (or you can sneak in). The better the meal, the more likely you'll win a pretty sweet prize. So feast with your neighbours and don't be afraid to put on your dance shoes for the evening dance.

- Hallowe'en in Autumn. Enough said. Get a costume, host a Hallowe'en party, or just get some free candy.

Winter:

- Weather includes lots of snow and some clear days. The disaster weathers that can happen are blizzards (which can trap you in your house or from your car!). It also has a different lighting effect just like in the TS2 EP.

- Like in TS2, Winter is a season that is going to strengthen family relationships or enhance the chances of re-building a destroyed family-relationship.

- In winter your sims have to stay relatively warm... It would be like hydration in the summer. You get a negative moodlet except with warmth, the moodlet would show up every 7 hours your sim stayed outside in the winter. A hot drink (like hot chocolate) or a couple of minutes by the fireplace can fix that no problem. If not, then your sim might freeze to death.

- You see those hills in Sunset Valley that are now covered in snow? You guessed it! Climb it and snowboard/ski/tobaggan down it like there's no tommorow. Wiping out and early death, totally included. And you may as well skate on the lakes that are now frozen... Your sim will enjoy skating as long as they don't fall through thin ice and quickly drown to an untimely death.

- I'm not too sure how Holidays are suppose to be included... But would a "Santa Sim" day offend everyone? I mean its not like there's a calendar to indicate that Santa Sim visits your place on a certain day. Your sim children can now make one Santa wish (which is a toy chosen from a menu) and when Santa Sim comes to visit, he'll give that child their wish.... If they've been nice the winter. Fighting, being mean, or failing school will result in a lump of coal followed by tears.

- This new EP also includes a new world editor version in it that allows the players to edit their town even after they've started playing that neighbourhood. You can now flatten un-inhabited land, expand it, delete it, or do whatever you want to make it easier to include the new buildings that this EP comes with. I apologize if this is already the case, I clearly don't have World Editor and the damn TS3 site doesn't want to give it to me.

- New jobs includes a branch from Journalism: Meterology and The Law Career which branches into lawyer justice or judicial powers.

- A new seasonal Live Entertainment job. This job works exactly like an ambitions job and changes over the seasons. Go to city hall, sign up for an upcomming festival's venue, and work! You could be selling the cotton candy at the carnival, you could be playing with your band in the Music festival, you could also be the clown at the carnival, or if you can make sure that the rides are working properly during summer or maintaining them in Winter, or you could even sell the tickets to the neighbourhood harvest festival!!

- Teachers... Have the summer off! Students will also get some days off as well. And other careers that are updated to work around the seasons as well, if needed.

- The new skill in this EP is the Entertainment skill. Sims high with this skill can entertain crowds of people whether they are at a party or performing at work. These sims can also distract a large crowd of people with magic tricks, stories, or juggling.... If they have a high skill.

- New traits include: Coulrophobia (fear of clowns and everything that resembles clowns including facepaint, clownfish, excessive make-up, costumes. Symptoms include fainting, peeing oneself, and running away); Frigid (being un-reactive to romantic and friendly advances... And for some reason these sims tend to like colder weather, break-ups, and can gain logic pretty fast); Bardish (something about these sims is very entertaining to watch. They make great live entertainers and learn the entertain skill faster).

- Some traits will be updated such as cowards. Cowards will also be afraid of clowns but not to the extent that a sim with Coulrophobia does. A coward might just walk the other way. If you ever get a coward on a rollercoast, just know that they have a higher chance of dying from fright after they get off!

And party animals will love festivals and carnivals.

Last edited by Scryer on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:45 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: My Ideal Seasons EP
Hey those are some awsome Ideas!! :D Sounds almost like harvest moon! haha! (I used to love that game)

Accept a few things, not everyone celebrates halloween, so idk if that would cause issues with some people.. and same again with the santa sim (although there was in ts2, so I guess that would be okay?)

Also, with the carnival, that would be SO awsome... but might be an issue where that would be placed in a neighborhood? It would be pretty huge wouldn't it? espeically as it had roller coasters? But still a nice Idea (could the harvest festival also have livestock pens and competitions?? Or are we saving that for an animal EP hehe...)

They're some really good ideas, I like them! :)
there was more i was going to say, but i've forgotten it *oops*
It will come back to me and i'll update :]

Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:02 pm
Celestial
Celestial

I love those ideas. They would actually affect how all sims live.

One thing I wish you could choose is your weather type. Not just the seasons. Like desert, Mediterranean, coastal, ec cetra.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
Awesome ideas. And good that you said simming in the sea becuse i have missed that from sims 2. (Stupid EA :stab: ) And they should really put in it cuz now we have an Huge Sea :yeah:

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
Oh my gosh I LOVE IT! :O :love: If EA won't listen to you... I don't know, I think I'll DIE.

I have a suggestion or two though, tell me what you think. Say in the summer kids get a few days off school (depends how long the lifespan is set on)

AND

They can make a nice little southren travel destination centered around summer fun with a theme park (like, disney land style going on, we can modify the roller costers!) and the beach where they can swim and everything! That way your kids can get extra days off school if they go on a summer vacation. This might only be availible in the summer and winter (people will obviously make mods) since some people go on vacation in the winter to get away from the cold. :dance2:

What do you think? Too much?

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:43 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Hey those are some awsome Ideas!! :D Sounds almost like harvest moon! haha! (I used to love that game)

Accept a few things, not everyone celebrates halloween, so idk if that would cause issues with some people.. and same again with the santa sim (although there was in ts2, so I guess that would be okay?)

Thanks. Actually a lot of my ideas was influenced a little by Harvest Moon. I liked the community feeling that Harvest Moon gave to the World and I wanted to bring some of that feeling back to the Sims 3. After all, after LN, there's not going to be a lot of events that involves the community.

I think that Hallowe'en is safe because it isn't on an important religious date LIKE December 25th. I know that not everybody celebrates Hallowe'en but at the same time I think that EA would play it safe and just have your sims host Hallowe'en parties or go trick-or-treating. Collecting candy door-to-door and partying isn't religious in my opinion, nor is it degrading or promoting any kind of a religion.

As for Santa Sim... We did have him in TS2; I think that is a safety net in this case. But I was thinking that it would be cool if you could choose which celebrations you want to celebrate or not (?).

Quote:
Also, with the carnival, that would be SO awsome... but might be an issue where that would be placed in a neighborhood? It would be pretty huge wouldn't it? espeically as it had roller coasters? But still a nice Idea (could the harvest festival also have livestock pens and competitions?? Or are we saving that for an animal EP hehe...)

Yeah I know what you mean. One of the things that I am a little pissed off about with TS3 is that you have to install the buildings that each new EP has in order to access the content. Ambitions and Late Night EP's are comming to my mind here..

Anyways, in my original post I suggested that there should be a World Editor version included with the EP that allows the player to edit a Neighbourhood that they're already playing. This would allow players to more easily add the new buildings to their neighbourhoods. Roller-coasters would probably be huge but at the same time, you could expand some land into the water in order to fit the Carnival buildings in the middle of your town. Then again, easier said than done :stare: .

I would save the livestock competition for an Animal EP or whatever only because weather is a huge concept to add to the base game.. Especially if it's going to add some drastic disasters. But if they were going to do a Pets EP just like TS2 Pets, then I think that EA should just slip that concept in since TS2 Pets was just about pets :mad: ..

Quote:
One thing I wish you could choose is your weather type. Not just the seasons. Like desert, Mediterranean, coastal, ec cetra.

I would actually love that... I believe in my original post I suggested that there should be a system that allows you to adjust the weather percentages (?); you could create a wet/dry season with that suggestions (?). It would be nice if we could adjust the lighting in World Editor or something :smile: .

Quote:
I have a suggestion or two though, tell me what you think. Say in the summer kids get a few days off school (depends how long the lifespan is set on)

Yeah, that would be a good idea. If I suggested that the teachers get summer off, then the students should obviously have some days off in Summer :yeah: . For the rest of your suggestion, I do think that it is a little too much.. I personally don't want another Vacation EP. I will gladly edit a swimmable beach in Egypt, China, and France if I need to lol. I understand that there is a lack of the classic tropical place that we're use to but with Late Night comming out, you could also add in dance clubs to the spots in WA. That's just my two cents though.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Re: My Ideal Expansion Packs
Dear mods, please don't burn my first born alive for this one double post :cry: .

So I have decided to make this thread about my ideal TS3 Ep's.

My next suggestion would be for a university EP called:

TS3: The University Experience

I definitely want education to be a part of my sims lives again. TS2: Univeristy was one of my favourite expansion packs because it actually educated your sims. But I want to step up the university experience a little more in the following ways:

- As opposed to just having your sims start at a higher position in their chosen career, some jobs in a career will require a degree in order to reach that promotion. For example, to become a Resident in the medical career will require a degree. Otherwise you'll always remain a medical intern.

In TS2, a university education only allowed the player to start at a higher rank and to be honest, it was better off not having a university education because your promotion bonuses (from rank 1) earned you more money than starting at rank 4. With a TS3 University, you will also start at a better rank in your chosen field and you'll be able to access the careers that require a degree.

One degree will open up jobs in several fields and they can jump-start some professions such as being an author or artist.

- If your sims already have a job that required a degree (after you
install TS3 University) they will keep their current job. But they can't get a promotion until they receive a degree.

- In order to get into University, you have to have a "B" average. If you have anything lower than a "B", then expect to be rejected by the University.

- University also costs lots of money and this expansion pack doesn't shy away from that; so expect some of your sims to go into debt after they get their degree.

These are the features that I would want my ideal university EP to include:

- New careers including a biologist, therapist, and accountant which all require degrees. Also some careers will now have a new education branch where your sims can become the professor or Dean of that particular field.

- The semester system for 4 college years are back only they aren't as long as the TS2 college years. When you graduate you have "X" amount of days left as a young adult.

- The university campus will be a sub-neighbourhood. When you play the campus is ages up the campus normally (with aging on).

In World Adventures the vacation neighbourhoods aged up differently than the main neighbourhood; it aged up slower. That's how I want the main neighbourhood and the campus to relate to each other when it comes to the community aging part of the game. If you're playing the neighbourhood, your campus is aging up but at a slower rate and vice versa.

Only sims attending University as students can live in the campus neighbourhood. The neighbourhood includes a bar, library, hospital, and several faculty buildings such as the faculty of science and the English department.

- A new feature in this EP is the bank where you can work as an accountant or part-time. You now need to manage your money better because unless you've paid off your tuition right away, you will go into debt. After you graduate you can choose how much debt you want to pay off. At the bank you can adjust it so that part of the money that you earn can be used to pay off your university debt. You just have to adjust the percentages.

You can also get your bank to withdraw bill payments directly from your funds. But if you don't have the money to pay your bills, expect the repoman right away!

If you drop out or fail out of (if you failed after academic probabtion) university, you will still have to pay off a debt but it won't be as much as a graduate's debt depending on which year you leave the university. And you definitely won't be getting your degree.

You can also adjust your sim's Will at the bank. Now when your sim dies, designated friends or family can inherit some (or even all) of the money that the deceased sim has contributed to the household funds. So if your sim contributed $3000 out of the $10000 in household you can adjust it so that that sim's son and daughter (for example) inherits $1500. If your sim owns a business they have to have an heir to that business.

You can now click on your household funds to keep track of the amount of money each sim has contributed to the household funds. You can also keep track of your liabilities and debts.

- There will be scholarships for sims that have high skills and grades.

- University debt doesn't have to be paid off right away. After you graduate you get the standard funds that you would get if you create that sim in CAS. They can still buy a house and whatnot. But if you don't make an effort to pay off your debt after 11 days , the university might revoke your degree. If you didn't receive a degree, expect the repoman to do a number on your house!

- University life is much different than living in the main neighbourhood. You have three optional residences (that you pay the bills on!): an apartment (if LN fails me...), a dorm, or renting a house.

Renting a house is the most expensive but the most spacious. You have to claim your bedroom door but you can edit everything in the house. An uncontrollable roommate will be automatically generated if there is enough room in the house. Be prepared to kick out unwanted parties and be prepared to travel pretty far to your class; and expect your roommate to do the same!

Renting an apartment is the medium in the expense department. You have a limited space and you can choose if you want an uncontrollable roommate or not (if you have room) or you can move in with a pre-made sim. Though your neighbours might wake you up in the night or interrupt your studying time with loud music.

Living in a dorm is the cheapest. It's also the least spacious. There will be parties that you can't ask to leave and there will be loud music. But your meals are cooked for you and you are right next to your classes.

- If you want to live in a more luxurious style while at the university, then you might want to befriend someone from a Greek house. Rumour has it that they can help you pay off your university debt as well as boost your grades or even send in another sim to do your exams.

- Because bills still come, you need a way to pay them. Take up a part-time job (which are offered in the campus neighbourhood and specifically cater to class times) and struggle to survive as a student. In your third year, if your grades are good enough, you can unlock your department's part-time job which can minorly boost your grades per semester.

- Being friendly with your professor or dean can also boost your grades too :love: .

- Your sims are going to have to keep up with assignments and term papers. Instead of your GPA remaining the same after you do an assignment for a semester, it will start to disintegrate so your sims have to keep on top of their studies constantly.

- Like with the TS2 EP, you also have to gain skills in order to reach a higher GPA.

- Your final exam will cause your GPA to rapidly decrease, so you need to do twice the amount of work your sim would normally do in order to do well on the exam.

- If you fail to do a degree requirement, the university will give you an extra semester to complete it. If it isn't completed by then, the university kicks you out back to the main neighbourhood and you'll have to complete the last year online.

- Your sim can now get pregnant in university. If you live in a dorm, you are kicked out within a day because a dorm is no place for a baby; you'll have to find a new place of residence.

You can send your child to live with the sims' parents, a best friend, or the father of the child as long as they live in the main neighbourhood or put the baby up for adoption for a better life.

Your child can only be as old as a toddler. When your parent sim graduates, the child is automatically moving out with that sim. When they get to the main neighbourhood, that toddler will turn into a child if it reached its birthday.

- Culinary, Sports, Film Career - acting branch, and the criminal careers don't require degrees in order to reach the top of the career. Except for the criminal career, the only advantage to having a degree is that you start the career with a better job rather than level 1.

- Your sims can now be a part of the university faculty! All you have to do is unlock the education branches for some careers by getting a degree. This will work like a normal job except that it requires research in the field that they are teaching at the University.

- Different majors will have different GPA requirements, costs, and skills to get that degree. Specific degrees will also allow the sim to access the entire job-tree for specific careers. For example, if you're a literature major then you need to read tons of books and write tons of essays; if you're a medical science major then you need to get 18 hours of work as a resident at the local hospital, etc.

To give you an idea of the price, I would want medical science degrees to cost $25,000.

- If your sims want to go to college but don't have the grades to get in, they can re-take high school online for four days. But they will have to complete many assignments in one day to improve their grades....for a price.

- If your sims are too old to go to University (which is for young adults only) or if they just want to collect another university degree, they can go online to take the 8-day program but it costs a little more than actually going to University as a young adult.

- The new trait would be Obsessive. I'm definitely stealing this from someone else (let me know who you are so I can edit the credit in) :ton: but Obsessive sims obsess over nearly everything. Once they fixate on an object, person, or action, they will constantly roll wants for that obsession. They might want to look through a friend's window or catch them kissing another sim; they might even want to sleep in a stranger's bed if you let them!

- Older traits will be updated. Genius sims will love every aspect of the university life that involves good marks and studying. So will ambitious sims.

Party Animals will want to have the best parties on campus. And they will get new party objects to party with!

Last edited by Scryer on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:13 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

All I can say is... HOLY CRAP! What are you doing on a forum?! You should totally be working at EA! I love every idea (except maybe all the extra work your sims will have to do, but i'm starting to find the game too easy anyways.) I totally wish I had gotten university for sims 2, so i would love something to come out for sims 3!

I do know an extra vacation spot would be a lot to ask... but I miss the idea so much. Of course, i never thought of adding bars to the world adventure spots... and if they add your ideas.... hmmmm.... :idea:

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:56 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

sarahlouise wrote:
All I can say is... HOLY CRAP! What are you doing on a forum?! You should totally be working at EA! I love every idea (except maybe all the extra work your sims will have to do, but i'm starting to find the game too easy anyways.) I totally wish I had gotten university for sims 2, so i would love something to come out for sims 3!

I do know an extra vacation spot would be a lot to ask... but I miss the idea so much. Of course, i never thought of adding bars to the world adventure spots... and if they add your ideas.... hmmmm.... :idea:

Well, first of all, thank you for your compliments again. I'm surprised that people have the time to read my long-ass posts. Even though I sometimes got bored of playing my university students in TS2 Uni, I still loved having my sims experience so much more as a young adult. I always had a party in each semester and I would sometimes send them on a vacation. It continues to be one of my favourite EP's out of the Sims series so far.

My university suggestion is to make the game harder. I definitely want simmers to think twice about sending their sims to University. I also wanted it to reflect, somewhat, of real-life; If you don't get a degree these days, you probably won't have a high paying job. I wanted this reflection because I think that it's important for sim-fans to think about their own future.

But enough of that, it heightens the challenge of the game mostly. And it's what the TS2 EP tried to do.

For the vacation spots, I understand where you're comming from. I really wanted my sims to swim in a DAMN beach in Egypt. Anyways, I think that the only solution to this is to try to add something from a released EP into the World Adventure places. I know that I am going to be making "The Silver Sphinx" nightclub in Egypt :yeah: . I feel like WA was released in the wrong order; I feel like WA should have came after LN or even be the 5th installment.

Which brings me onto my next suggestion; I want to be able to upload my own music (without going through the dreadful process of messing with my Sims files) into the game. It would be a step-up from being able to create your own radio station back in TS2.. I would love to add Egyptian-techno songs to "The Silver Sphinx" lol.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Kristie
I was going to say that adults and elders could go to college but you seem not to like the idea. The only reason I would like this is because its like real life.. But maybe they wouldn't have to go to a college maybe there could be an adult like school. Oh and you said that if you already have a neighbor hood and your sim has a career and they need to get a degree well how will you do that if the adult sim can't go to college?

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:34 am

Name: Em
I don't know why but your Seasons idea reminds me of Animal Crossing :L

I love both your ideas though, I want these in my game.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:46 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Quote:
Well, first of all, thank you for your compliments again. I'm surprised that people have the time to read my long-ass posts. Even though I sometimes got bored of playing my university students in TS2 Uni, I still loved having my sims experience so much more as a young adult. I always had a party in each semester and I would sometimes send them on a vacation. It continues to be one of my favourite EP's out of the Sims series so far.

My university suggestion is to make the game harder. I definitely want simmers to think twice about sending their sims to University. I also wanted it to reflect, somewhat, of real-life; If you don't get a degree these days, you probably won't have a high paying job. I wanted this reflection because I think that it's important for sim-fans to think about their own future.

But enough of that, it heightens the challenge of the game mostly. And it's what the TS2 EP tried to do.

For the vacation spots, I understand where you're comming from. I really wanted my sims to swim in a DAMN beach in Egypt. Anyways, I think that the only solution to this is to try to add something from a released EP into the World Adventure places. I know that I am going to be making "The Silver Sphinx" nightclub in Egypt :yeah: . I feel like WA was released in the wrong order; I feel like WA should have came after LN or even be the 5th installment.

Which brings me onto my next suggestion; I want to be able to upload my own music (without going through the dreadful process of messing with my Sims files) into the game. It would be a step-up from being able to create your own radio station back in TS2.. I would love to add Egyptian-techno songs to "The Silver Sphinx" lol.

Your posts are really long-ass, but I love the detail :) I've been trying to come up with good expansion ideas for awhile, but I never have enough patiance to fully plan them out, so it's nice to see that someone else has the dedication I don't.

Last edited by SilverShadow391 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

kristie wrote:
I was going to say that adults and elders could go to college but you seem not to like the idea. The only reason I would like this is because its like real life.. But maybe they wouldn't have to go to a college maybe there could be an adult like school. Oh and you said that if you already have a neighbor hood and your sim has a career and they need to get a degree well how will you do that if the adult sim can't go to college?

I'm replying with a quote from my Uni suggestion reply. This is near the bottom of the post:

Quote:
- If your sims want to go to college but don't have the grades to get in, they can re-take high school online for four days. But they will have to complete many assignments in one day to improve their grades....for a price.

- If your sims are too old to go to University (which is for young adults only) or if they just want to collect another university degree, they can go online to take the 8-day program but it costs a little more than actually going to University as a young adult.

So basically, if they already have the job and want a promotion, they have to get it from the online program.

Thanks again, sarahlouise. Yeah, I like to plan these things out way too often lol.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:29 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Holy crap you have a lot of good ideas :) If you worked for Ea i dont think the sims would be as boring anymore :D

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:41 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

The Sims 3: Hoes and Rakes. Just kidding! It would be a farm/rural-type EP and I don't have a good appropriate name for it yet.

I want to keep it real when it comes to a Pets EP... At this point in the TS3 franchise, I feel that it is WAY too early to release a Pets EP because I think that we need more EP's based on the actual sims and the world that they live in. This EP focuses on different ways to interact with your pets. This suggestion is just more of a fun thing that's been bouncing around in my head.

When it comes to Pets... I shudder at the ideas I read because I know that they won't happen and I know that people have high expectations of a pets EP and that a pets EP will probably disappoint them due to high standards. I do constantly read about Farm ideas and I do feel that it is a step in the right direction. Anyways, here are my thoughts:

- Domesticated animals includes dogs, cats, domesticated birds, and hamsters.

- Horses, dogs, cows, bulls, cats, and large exotic animals have personality traits similar to sims. Some traits they share with sims such as being hot-headed. And some traits are only animal-specific like being obedient. These animals end up with a total of 4 traits.

- New sim personality traits include being Animal Capable and Not Good With Animals. Sims that are Animal Capable build relationships faster with animals, they gain the Animal Handling skill faster, they can train animals faster, and they get a moodlet for being around all kinds of animals. Sims that are Not Good With Animals are afraid of wild/exotic animals, uncomfortable with farm animals, and bad at training animals.

- This EP comes with the new Zoo lot. The Zoo includes exotic animals such as lions, polar bears, penguins, giraffes, kangaroos, zebras, exotic birds, and exotic bug venues. Sims who are fond of animals will be able to appreciate the Zoo the most. Eco-friendly sims are not so fond about the Zoo because those animals were taken from their natural eco-system in order to be caged.

- New careers included are the Zoologist career, the Veterinarian career, and the Animal Breeder profession (register at the city hall). Your sims can also work part-time at the Pet Adoption Centre. The Vet career works just like the ambitions doctor career. To be an Animal Breeder you have to breed either cats or dogs; you have to sell those animals privately (which earns more money) or you can sell them to the Pet Adoption Centre.

- Sometimes having a pet isn't for everyone... So you can call the Pet Adoption Services to send your pet for adoption.

- For eco-friendly sims (and all sims), they can now visit the loadable ecosystem. The ecosystem world is a zone that includes several ecosystems. From deserts to the arctic; and the animals that go along with them. You have to camp out in the ecosystem but you are very close to nature. There are campsites that some animals don't wander into. Zoologists and Vets will also gain opportunities to go to the Ecosystem to study or heal the wild animals there.

The ecosystem zone is a great place to go for a camping trip, so take your family for some downtime. They can go hiking, swimming in lakes, or they can discover some secret locations in the ecosystem; all this while being surrounded by wildlife! You may also be at the ecosystem on business purposes.. it could range from healing or researching exotic animals in their natural habitats!

There is a bit of a food chain when it comes to the ecosystem. This is a "T" rated game so I think that it would be appropriate to have wild animals consume other animals. Instead of killing the animal, they have a fight... The loser just becomes sick instead of dying and the winner has their hunger satisfied.

- The neighbourhood is now populated with wild and stray animals. And you can now choose which wild animals populate your neighbourhood! If you find that you have unwanted furry visitors, you can call animal control to take them away! But if you decide to keep them around, then they might come back more often..

- The Animal Handling skill is the new sim skill that comes with this EP. This skill measures how well you sim can train and order around animals. This skill is unique because you can't gain these skill points just from reading a book; you have to actually interact with animals in order to raise this skill. This means that sims that live in the city will usually have a lower Animal Handling skill and that farmers will tend to have a higher Animal Handling skill. Of course if you work with animals, you will obviously gain more Animal Handling skills as you progress.

- In order to be a farmer you have to sign yourself up as a farmer at City Hall. As a farmer you can produce eggs (from the chicken coup), wheat, flax, and almost anything edible that you can grow.

There are new machines that help farmers plant, fertilize, water, and harvest plants in a large quantity. Because these machines are old school, most of them will require strong animals like Bulls or horses to pull them across your farm lot.

I don't want any Ox in the game because unless we're slaughtering them and making clothes out of them, they won't have a purpose beyond pulling machines.

- There are also the new beehive objects that you can use to create honey if standard farming isn't your thing.

- I changed my mind about having farms that produce meats. It is unrealistic that EA would ever do that. So I'm not having pigs or any other animals that are only used to produce meat.

- Everything farmed will be sold at the farmer's market. Here sims can buy higher quality ingredients which greatly improves the quality of your food.

- You have to take care of your farm animals as well. You have to make sure that your larger animals have a lot of room within a fenced in area (or else they'll run away). You also need to make sure to have a barn so that you have a place for your farm animals to sleep.

You also might want to separate the genders of animals... They are farm animals so if you let them, they will breed on their own. Or you can order an animal to breed with another if they like each other enough and if you have enough Animal Handling skill.

- You can buy most of the farm animals from the farmer's market building. But some animals, like horses, you might need to find and capture in the ecosystem. For example, you might have a sim 'break' a wild horse if they have enough Animal Handling skill... Otherwise you'll have to find that horse and try again!

- The farmer's market also hosts a livestock festival every Saturday. There farmers can enter their barn animals in a competition to see who has the biggest animal in order to win some cool prizes.

- If standard "who's got the biggest" competitions are not for your sims, then they can always watch (or be a part of) the horse races in The Downs. Daredevils (especially sims who are also Animal Capable) love being a part of the horse races. And your sims can win big if they gamble on the right horse!

- Domesticated animals can have jobs too just like in TS2. Some jobs will be rabbitholes and some other jobs (like the pet movie star career) will be more interactive.

- Domesticated animals can also enter into beauty contests to win large hearps of money. All you need to do is train them a few tricks and wash them with the right shampoos and you might have a good chance at winning! Cat-lovers, good luck with getting your cat close to water!

- You can also get your domesticated pets fixed so that they don't have any surprise litters. Otherwise you might want to consider starting your own breeding business!

Last edited by Scryer on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:59 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Re: My Ideal Expansion Packs *Pets Idea Added*
That sounds good except I dont think EA would go for the whole "slaughter house" thing and I dont think a lot of people would like it. Altough without one most of the animals would be useless unless there are circuses that you could train for or something like that....

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:31 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Honestly, I don't WANT a zoo.
Think of the size that lot would have to be, and also think how desserted it would be. It just WOULD NOT WORK I tell you!!
But I sort of had an idea that you can place 'deer spawners' and 'squirrel spawners', much like you can place bug spawners. so that way you can have deer in the woods, and squirrels in the park, this would bring the place to life a bit more. But no zoo for me!!

Another thing, agreeing with above, no way would EA make a slaughterhouse rabbithole ¬_¬, not ALL animals are kept for meat, you could keep chickens for eggs, cows and goats for milk, and sheep for wool, you wouldn't have to go all slaughterhousey for farm animals to work, also, this would totally open up a new idea of having a farmers market/shop where you can sell and buy your produce, and of course, there should be a sewing machine to make use of the wool...
A horse show could be a great community area for people to meet and show horses, along with dog, cat and chicken shows, with agility for dogs and judging the chickens (and also other livestock, annually, like a farm show)

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:06 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Charlie wrote:
Honestly, I don't WANT a zoo.
Think of the size that lot would have to be, and also think how desserted it would be. It just WOULD NOT WORK I tell you!!
But I sort of had an idea that you can place 'deer spawners' and 'squirrel spawners', much like you can place bug spawners. so that way you can have deer in the woods, and squirrels in the park, this would bring the place to life a bit more. But no zoo for me!!

Another thing, agreeing with above, no way would EA make a slaughterhouse rabbithole ¬_¬, not ALL animals are kept for meat, you could keep chickens for eggs, cows and goats for milk, and sheep for wool, you wouldn't have to go all slaughterhousey for farm animals to work, also, this would totally open up a new idea of having a farmers market/shop where you can sell and buy your produce, and of course, there should be a sewing machine to make use of the wool...
A horse show could be a great community area for people to meet and show horses, along with dog, cat and chicken shows, with agility for dogs and judging the chickens (and also other livestock, annually, like a farm show)

I'm not too sure how a zoo wouldn't work.. I mean you would have several different exotic animal venues (I think I listed 7), bathrooms, eating venues, and a rabbithole building for the Zoologists to work in (sorry, I left that part out in my original idea). I just don't see how it would be deserted.

I do love the spawners idea! I think that it should work that each time an animal dies (of old age or whatever) it spawns a newborn of that animal.

Okay, if we don't have slaughterhouses we can't have pigs or any other animal that doesn't do anything but land on our dinner plates. I think that slaughterhouses are fine because they're realistic. But I do think that you're right; EA would never do that because it is a little too political when it comes to the agriculturual and moral systems. I'm going to remove that from my suggestion actually since it isn't a realistic idea.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:55 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Well, firstly it would be desserted because, for example look at the park. The park isn't particularly big, but its' normally desserted when you get there, especially when you've gone through a few generations first... Now think of the size a zoo would have to be, and think of the same amount of sims at the park, but dispersed over a wider space... I seriously cannot see a zoo working at all IMHO. Not to mention it would take over half of the neighborhood.

A rabbithole could work as a vetinary centre, and maybe even a 'wildlife rehabilitation' place, which could have a wire roofed cage on the back of it, to suggest it houses something more wild, but a zoo would not work..

Pigs COULD be used to hunt for truffles? Idk, it would be better than nothing, some people might just want them for asthetic reasons.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:43 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Charlie wrote:
Well, firstly it would be desserted because, for example look at the park. The park isn't particularly big, but its' normally desserted when you get there, especially when you've gone through a few generations first... Now think of the size a zoo would have to be, and think of the same amount of sims at the park, but dispersed over a wider space... I seriously cannot see a zoo working at all IMHO. Not to mention it would take over half of the neighborhood.

A rabbithole could work as a vetinary centre, and maybe even a 'wildlife rehabilitation' place, which could have a wire roofed cage on the back of it, to suggest it houses something more wild, but a zoo would not work..

Pigs COULD be used to hunt for truffles? Idk, it would be better than nothing, some people might just want them for asthetic reasons.

I'm thinking that a zoo would be a 60x60 lot which is smaller than Central Park in Sunset Valley; it's also the same size (I think) as one of the mansions that Sunset Valley comes with. So it wouldn't take up half the map. And I quickly loaded up my game and I took my sims to Central Park in Sunset Valley and I had 12 sims there around noon (in the game, and actually in RL too lol). For me, it's a little more than expected because some kids were skipping school (and adult sims were working)... Anyways, for me it is around the average that I get after work hours.

I have played my game for up to 5 or 6 generations and the population in my game has significantly increased (as I think that it should do as you progress). I even edited a dummy lot quickly to see what a 60x60 lot would look like with 5 or 6 8x7 (which I considered a decent standard size for venues) exotic animal venues, bathrooms, and a rabbithole building. The infrastructure doesn't crowd the lot. Granted, it doesn't look like an open space; it looks more like a path from one venue to the next. I guess this must be different playing experiences coming into play here since I still don't see your point.

But what I did learn from creating that dummy lot is that I did have too many exotic animals listed in the zoo. So I cut that list down (and I finally took off my slaughterhouse idea lol). For the exotic birds and bugs venues, I would fit those venues into a building with two floors. Like they would be a collection of bugs and birds and not separate cages for each type of bird/bug.

EA kind of screwed up in the beginning by not giving us World Editor right off the bat. I would rather create my own neighbourhood because there are so many hills in the neighbourhoods that they release that it's hard to add lots or I would even be willing to sit down and get rid of the hills. I will be the first to admit that TS3 is off to a rocky start in some ways.

There would have to be a Veterinarian Centre no matter what to help sick domesticated animals (or to help fix them) and for the career. If there was a wildlife rehabilitation centre, wouldn't it make more sense if that was located in the ecosystem zone (if we're going off of my suggestion)?

Truffles might work. But there would have to be a lot of them (which could easily be done). I really don't want to add animals for farm-aesthetic purposes beyond wildlife because a pets EP is going to demand a lot from the players' computers already. And in my honest opinion, farm animals shouldn't exist for players just to look at; they need to make money for the farm or else they're just taking up space.

I'm not saying that my idea is at all perfect by the way. This is just discussion so I apologize if it's coming off the wrong way.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next