View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Complaint Department: Got one? 
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Thomas
Post Re: Complaint Department: Got one?
I guess the biggest complaint I have is that the forums over on the TS3 site keep going down.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:20 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

I love TS3...............but there is room for improvement, IMHO.

Stuff I don't like.........

1. Borked routing. The foot tapping is annoying as hell. Why can't they fix this? I don't think I had this issue in TS2.
2. Borked story progression. I have several premades and CAS familes I don't care much about, so it doesn't matter to me what happens to them. I do care about some of them and hate to leave the house only to come back and find a couple has divorced, gotten pregnant or moved out of town. I have also come back to find they got promoted but without the appropriate skill level.
3. Borked car pooling. The carpool still arrives, even though my sims have cars.
4. Ugly and irritating premades in Sunset Valley.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:27 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Cema77 wrote:

That is not a complaint when you can change that.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Shazodontə wrote:
Cema77 wrote:

That is not a complaint when you can change that.

Yeah, I could change it, but the fact that I have to makes it a complaint in my book.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:31 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Latoya
Im not sure if this is a game complaint or if it is just my computer but i find that i spend more time waiting for things to load than playing the game! :sad:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:45 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

sims 2 u could make shops in the first game.... naughty ea

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

The only things that truly annoy me are these Four things:

1. Error, bugs, crashes, not being able to save things like that but I don't think they've had any shortage of complaints.

2. Storyprogression has improved so much recently, but it could still be better. I don't like how sims don't seem to ever get married or even move in with their boyfriend/girlfriend.

3. I hate how children seem to genetically take their parents hairstyles....hairstyles are not genetic! :yikes:

4. Ea Generated Sims, about 9 times out of 10 the families generated by the game for my neighborhood are beyond dull and usually they look like they got dressed in the dark. Hopefully I'll be able to remedy this a little with the stylist profession though when I get ambitions

I'd still prefer though if there was something like in spore (with aliens being downloaded into your game) where families/households that other people make could end up moving into your town. It would be more interesting I think,

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 pm
Misplaced
Misplaced

Name: Ayo
Roleplay: Anya - Sam
Meh problem solved. Just reinstalled all my CC =P

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Okay, game-wise Sims 3 is amazing. No matter what everyone thinks, there is no comparison between TS3 and TS2. What I hate is the fact that one of the biggest game designing companies made a game that has more bugs than bug's life itself. Then, they make a patch to fix those bugs and that patch makes a game crash. The worst part, I never experienced those said bugs, but since the whole world is talking about them it is obvious that something is very very wrong, but what bugs me the most is that I don't need a patch, yet I can't install expansions without updating the game and when I update it, it starts crashing. I mean it E freakin' A. Aren't they supposed to be the leading game company. Aren't they those who own everything and do everything and make the impossible. I don't remember anyone mentioning any bugs at all in TS1, and TS2 wasn't all that bad bug-wise. They should've just let Maxis do their job. Or at least, EA should've came up with ideas and the let Maxis make those ideas into a real game. Just, they shouldn't have mingle with technicality of game-designing.
And to be honest, something in EA is wrong, it's like they forgot how to create games. All their games are horrible lately... bug-wise... NHL is still pretty awesome.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:39 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Kristie
A lot of complaints I see are going to be fixed soon. Like the new ep Late Night fixes a lot of them.
so how you have items you have been wanting like hot tubs..
and now there is going to be half walls..
So yay.
I'm happy for more musical instruments. I was hoping they would come out with them soon.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:02 am
Roomie
Roomie

I love the game a lot, but my biggest complaint is story progression randomly moving my sims. It really pisses me off that I could spend around 5 hours building a house for my Sim and the second I switch to another house hold, they move to some other crappy place.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:05 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Joel
Roleplay: Savannah Augusta
THeamazingrodent wrote:
I love the game a lot, but my biggest complaint is story progression randomly moving my sims. It really pisses me off that I could spend around 5 hours building a house for my Sim and the second I switch to another house hold, they move to some other crappy place.

Totally Agree! DARN U SIMS 3 STORY PROGRESSION! :mad:

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:14 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

My biggest complaint is the white screen of death on the sims 3 forums. For 12 hours plus I have been able to read the post but can't see nothing but a white screen when I click on them. Refreshing doesn't help. I can't make post either. Why have forums if they can't fix the bugs and a lot of people can't read them?

Some people can some people can't but I'm seeing this on two pc's one with windows xp and the other with vista. The sims 3 forums have as many bugs as the sims 3 game.

My other complaint would be the lag I get when typing on this site. I don't have that issue on other forums. I know I have slow I/E 8 and I'm thinking of going to something else. Sorry for the rant and it's not meant at any of you.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:13 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

As much as I think this game is epic, I've still got several complaints:

1. Ultra-speed majorly sucks. It goes about... four seconds faster than the regular speed? How lame.

2. No memories. I always enjoyed just reading through the memories in the second game, but none here whatsoever? *sigh* At least we still have family trees. :P

3. No music instruments besides that damn guitar. You would think with there being a music career in this game, they'd add other instruments like piano, violin, drums, etc... hell, maybe even add a flute as well! I'd love to see my sim down at the park, playing a flute for a quick buck.

4. Story progression. When I first heard that the other sims in the neighborhood would actually progress without you controlling them, I got excited. But they barely do anything! They just walk around town and make babies. Very disappointing.

5. How you can change the lifespan. I've got it to the second-lowest I can get, because I don't wanna wait for 200 days or so just to see my sims age. *yawns*

Hmm.... I'll probably think of more in a little while.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Ba$ch wrote:
5. How you can change the lifespan. I've got it to the second-lowest I can get, because I don't wanna wait for 200 days or so just to see my sims age. *yawns*

Go to Options and choose the Gears icon and use the slider to change the aging lifespan, you can only change it when in-game.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I'm with ya'll on the ultra speed...slow as hell.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:20 am

Name: Hannah
There's no singing!!!! :no:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm also disappointed with the story progression. I actually only play one family per town so my sims don't do anything I don't want them to. I have heard alot about awesome mod but been afraid to try it. May have to reconsider :meh: As far as singing goes, it would be nice to have that as a career, but in my opinion they sing too much. Once a sim learns a song they sing every time they are idle for more than two seconds. Very annoying. I even downloaded a mod that was supposed to stop that and it didn't work in my game. Other than that I love the game.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:40 pm

simsally wrote:
I'm also disappointed with the story progression. I actually only play one family per town so my sims don't do anything I don't want them to. I have heard alot about awesome mod but been afraid to try it. May have to reconsider :meh: As far as singing goes, it would be nice to have that as a career, but in my opinion they sing too much. Once a sim learns a song they sing every time they are idle for more than two seconds. Very annoying. I even downloaded a mod that was supposed to stop that and it didn't work in my game. Other than that I love the game.

I agree

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I have a new complaint. At least I don't think I posted it yet.
I want more radio options. Like ts2 did. I want to deselect songs I don't like. And I want to add songs to existing radio stations.
Not just my overloaded custom music station.

In ts2 I would add music from ts1 to my radio, latin to latin, classical to classical. I'd add music from Bustin out. I hate that I'm stuck listening to crap I don't like. Most of the time I don't even use the radio in the sims.

Also, I'm disappointed in the cc for ts3. I'm sorry but a lot of it looks like garbage (especially hair). I fully understand that some people pour their blood sweat and tears in it but a lot of it is ugly and sticks out like a sore thumb. I just wish there were more conversions from older sims games and eaxis matches.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next