View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Your opinion on the game? 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Post Your opinion on the game?
i for one love it! WA is like sandpaper next to this baby. :D there is so much t do... so please share

Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:11 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Post Re: Your opinion on the game?
I played for a couple hours yesterday and I love it! I created a new sim in Twinbrook and got her a job as an Architectural Designer and her first two days on the job have been a success! She's had four design jobs to do and since my main area of interest is interior design, I LOVED being able to re-decorate or build on to Sim's homes. Even though the EP cost me almost as much as the base game, I say it's worth it.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
I adore this game. Never has the Sims 3 been this fun. My sim even died by a meteor, WITH NO CHEATS! :D I was so excited, I took pics and everything, there's a massive shadow over the sim as well, and there was a "Respond to Meteor" interaction, and he was looking up. Le sigh, so fun. Ums, firefighting is wonderful, so much fun. After the first fire, I got a phone call from a girl who was in the fire saying how great I was. :D The stylist career is great, I love making pretties with it. So far that's all I've played, but I love it.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Amy
This EP has for sure gone over a lot smoother with me than WA did. I had so many problems and errors and crashes come up with WA's release and patches, but not a single problem with this one. I've had a blast so far.

Playing an over dramatic, eco-friendly vegetarian, insane cowardly ghost hunter... Its been quite fun.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:32 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Omg dramatic sims are great, you can make them fake passing out, and they get a positive moodlet for it. I'd totally have that trait. xD

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Delightful wrote:
Omg dramatic sims are great, you can make them fake passing out, and they get a positive moodlet for it. I'd totally have that trait. xD

Lol, that's awesome! I have to try that one out. So far the only new trait I've tried is Eco-Friendly. My Sim's options are different, like to shower she can only "Take Quick Shower" and every meal she eats is Organic. My first purchase for her (besides furniture for the house) was a bike because she always gets a negative moodlet from taking a cab.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Thomas
I just got the game today and so far I love it. The sims can do there own laundry and the new town Twinbrook is really cool looking. Haven't found any new bugs or issues with it yet but im sure there will be people that find em. :excited:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:35 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

are there any new cheats that you can use for making movies,I think that fake passing out with the dramatic trait will go handy with movies.

when they pass do they lie on the floor or will they wake right away,are there any new interactions with ambitions.

and thanks for the information you already given us

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:14 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Colin
I don't have it yet :(
I SHOULD, but my boss messed up my pay check so i'm not getting it until next week.

Ayo, Josh, Maddie, and Erry are my Snooty best friends!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:30 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

I haven't played very much yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm always excited to find hidden goodies that I didn't expect.
In creating a sim yesterday, one of the lifetime goals was to create 3 monsters. I'm not sure what a monster creator is, but I can't wait to find out.
Embarrassingly, I love that we now have laundry to do as well. :laugh:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:33 pm
Roomie
Roomie

I love it, but I haven't played much. I had a lot of problems with some CC. I was trying to get rid of an old TSR file I downloaded way back when and never use, and somehow a part of the file got saved in an obscure cache. I reinstalled 2 times and deleted everything thinking I would have to start from scratch, then got it worked out but none of my package files worked and I had to figure out the new Mod folder setup, then some of my store bought CC disappeared...so I had to get jfade's tool to fix the files because even though I bought them, they didn't wanna show up.

I got the game yesterday about 5 PM and just now have it all working perfectly and smoothly. Its 4:22 PM now. Now I have ot get ready to serve dinner as soon as my husband is home. Then I am hoping HE will be busy playing Lego Indiana Jones 2 or Red Dead Redemption so I can get simming!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
i made a new family, 5 ppl, all young AD, all have new careers, i love the new education career, and all the hermit houses on the outskierts, but i hate how there are no new clothes except a few work outfits. anyone notice how if your a stylist you unlock stuff!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

i havnt gotten to play it all that much but it seems great i like the new traits and the new objects are great, i was kinda disappointed with the new neighborhood, it looks dirty and nasty (especially with my crappy graphics card) but i like the fact that you can just play sunset valley and put the new community lots.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:33 pm
Roomie
Roomie

I love the swampy bayou with its weeds and fog. I has a ton of storytelling potential. Right now its my favorite, but I still have my other families waiting for me in the other hoods.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:50 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

WORKING CLASS HERO wrote:
are there any new cheats that you can use for making movies,I think that fake passing out with the dramatic trait will go handy with movies.

when they pass do they lie on the floor or will they wake right away,are there any new interactions with ambitions.

No new cheats for machinima, sorry. When they lie on the floor, little "Z"s come out, so they pretend they're asleep, but if you look at the motives, the energy doesn't go up or down. They will then get up after a while, I imagine you can tell them to get up, I didn't try. There are so many interactions, I couldn't state them all here. My favourite was respond to meteorite when my sim got hit. He looked up, then cowered in fear as he died.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Delightful wrote:
WORKING CLASS HERO wrote:

No new cheats for machinima, sorry. When they lie on the floor, little "Z"s come out, so they pretend they're asleep, but if you look at the motives, the energy doesn't go up or down. They will then get up after a while, I imagine you can tell them to get up, I didn't try. There are so many interactions, I couldn't state them all here. My favourite was respond to meteorite when my sim got hit. He looked up, then cowered in fear as he died.

Great thanks mate.From what I Read there are no new Instruments or Interactions that have to do with Music,is there?

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:09 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Julia
I have to say that I am totally impressed with EA now. I made a sim with the intent of starting a legacy challenge, but I've been so busy playing that I forget to take pictures, so, I guess it will be a private game of the legacy challenge. I have had no problems aside from struggling to get my CC back in the game, but I'm certain that has more to do with me than EA. :blush: (I'll get it working eventually even if I have to uninstall and reinstall everything tonight after work :P )

I've only had a chance to play with the architect career since I tried that one first and it's a lot of fun. I've had only one job where I was like "how the hell am I gonna do this??" but the challenge of it is lots of fun. I think my only gripe is how pictures are taken in TS3 when compared to the freedom in TS2, but it's livable, so I'll get use to it. :smile:

Revol (Asmodian chanter, Siel)
Elona (Asmodian cleric, Siel)
Dyna (Elyos chanter, Vaizel)

World of Warcraft: Arathor US (Alliance)
Jujùbe (Druid, lvl 20)
Amelthea (Warlock, lvl 63)
Nonii (Paladin, lvl 20)

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

The Sims 3 expansion packs continue to impress me as long as we get apartments next time around.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:40 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

So far ... I'm enjoying it. But I was only able to play for a couple of hours yesterday. I'll be able to play more this evening when I get home. I quite enjoy the fire fighter career. Another sim is self-employed as a painter. The motorcycle (The Beast), very cool. Loving the new male hairs. I'm loving the new interface when messages pop up.

Complaints so far: the consignment shops and tattoo parlors do not tell you what time they close (or at least, I haven't found any information regarding this information), so make sure you get to those places before the sun sets.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:45 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Latoya
i haven't got the game yet :no: i needed to get some more RAM for my computer, i have been meaning to do it for ages because WA runs quite slow and i don't want to play this game until i have it so every time i go into town i have to force myself to walk past the game shop its horrible :sad: and hearing and seeing how good it is i cant wait for my RAM to get here :smile2: :excited:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next