View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Depression 
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Post Depression
Perhaps an additional (temporary) trait that would leech on after a while of your sim never getting its wishes or living where its needs are barely ever met. This temporary trait would make your sim prefer to stay inside and curl up by their self and not enjoy going to work/join in on social activities until some of their wishes get granted or they are in a good mood for a certain period of time.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:52 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: Depression
Temporary Trait?

I am yet to see how this would work.

The things you are describing could easily be involved with existing traits and specific evens occurring resulting in relating moodlets.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Soarin
HA i was thinking of a way of doing depression. It wouldent be a temporrary trait, I would think it would be if u promise dreams to ur sims and u fail to do them or u go aganist them or if u dont get ur wishes done then u would get in the red section. <Like in the sims 2> And if u were in the ages, child, teen, or young adult u would turn emo! Wearing all black, black hair, u would act all alone and un soical and all of ur traits would be frozen untill u live a few days as an emo! Then if ur older like adult or senior then u would become deppresed and u would just get a few traits moved around like over emotional and sad and u would like start to cry randoml and u would have to be deppresed for a few days and then ur old traits would come back.

U would still once and a while cry a lil for no reason but not as often wen ur outta deppreson.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

OH, yeah moodlet was the word I was thinking of when I couldn't figure it out I put trait.. :tongue: but anyhow yeah, teenagers would be more prone to it and more common in ones with the "loser" trait

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:34 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

kamelona wrote:
OH, yeah moodlet was the word I was thinking of when I couldn't figure it out I put trait.. :tongue: but anyhow yeah, teenagers would be more prone to it and more common in ones with the "loser" trait

Well I think being sad is a moodlet in certain situations, like losing your job or maybe being left at the alter. Different things make sims moodlet change, and depending on how big the event is, depends on how it effects your sims.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:22 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Alina
We might have something like it. The normal reaction at losing something would be being sad and losing interest for a short while... and that's depression. Our sims may do something like that, for example, if my sim would sell a Pulp novel (that was the term for a weak novel, right?), they wouldn't want to write for a couple of days because they'd be discouraged. Or at least I hope this is the case :smile2: (not taking into account sims that are mobilized and motivated by failure)

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:23 pm
Profile YIM
come hither
come hither

I want to have more depressed sims. And disturbed sims. I'm tired of perfect sims with no problems.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:19 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

no thanks, that would be annoying.
its annoying when people are like that in real life, too.

Sun May 17, 2009 4:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]