View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Grox(Spore) 
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post The Grox(Spore)
Well, I've been near the centre of the galaxy and guess what?

Grox(Previously Grobb) live there, and they hold most of the galaxy's centre.

So now I'd die.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:10 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

The Grox are a pain in the :censored: I really do hate them. At first they weren't that much of a threat to me or much of an enemy, but after my little attempt to the center of the core, they got more angry and decided to attack at a constant rate. I had thought about going back to kill them off, but there's just so many of them it seems almost impossible or far longer than I'm willing to spend on it. I did however notice that almost all thier planets are T0 planets, and usually only have 1-2 colonies on them, which makes it easier to get rid of them. However they make up for it in shear number of planets they own

I might try and use a happy ray or something on thier planet to see if it might help in any way. Don't know if anyone else has tried that. I'm just getting sick and tired of them constantly attacking. I don't see how exploring the galaxy is much possible when you keep getting attacked, pirated, or global biosphears fail. You either have to completely ignor it, or forget about exploring and travel back to help out. It's really annoying

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:43 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

1st of all, how do you get the terraforming tools or tool?

And 1st of all, Do they exist?

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:03 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Guess you answered your own question :P Use those tools wisely, there the only ones you'll get apparently. I have 'looked' for Sol, though I do not think I will be able to reach it unless I have the 5th drive engine thingy installed. I can only get so far before the next star is just out of reach. There is a youtube video on how to find it. Just do a search for "spore finding sol" or something. I am however lucky enough that Sol happens to be on the same galaxy as my homeworld

I can't remember if the guy in the video said I needed the 5th drive engine or not, but it kind of looks like I probably do. I didn't feel like trying to unlock it though and went back to the sims. There might be a wormhole that will take me to a better position on where I can travel to it, but I didn't feel like searching for it anymore after seeing the video. I will say atleast that without watching that video, it would have taken me a very very long time to find it. It would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. I don't even know how other people found it to begin with

I will save you the trouble though and tell you not to bother traveling to the center again. I was 'hoping' I would be able to atleast purshase more staves of light or something, but apparently you can only enter the center once, atleast per race

I was hoping the cloaking device would make it easier to travel around as well, but it's almost useless to me. It made me rather disappointed and upset that I spent so long on trying to unlock it. It can ONLY be used while ON a planet and does not work while flying around from system to system. It would have been nice if shields worked off of planets as well. I don't know what they were thinking when they made those abilities to be used only on planets

I guess that's my 2 cents for now >_> Even though I'm ranting about the game, I still seem to be addicted to it for some reason and play for hours :spin:

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:04 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Anyways, I found a pic of this guy, and he marked where Sol is, though, I cannot seem to get it into position with my galaxy, so :/

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

i cant get out of my little area of the star system

I tried to make my way up the spiral, but all the stars are too far away...
is there like some booster that you get later that lets you travel farther distances or something?

Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:45 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Zoom out all the way out till you see the other solar systems then you can visit them. It's like star trek lol

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

i cant get out of my little area of the star system

I tried to make my way up the spiral, but all the stars are too far away...
is there like some booster that you get later that lets you travel farther distances or something?

There are "boosters" or engines that you can unlock that extend your travel distance. You'll have to look in your tools and badges menu to see how to unlock them. It's mostly just trying to star systems that unlocks them. However, as you get closer to the center and into Grox space, your travel distance decreases by alot, which makes it alot harder to find stars to hop around to. I've made a few attempts to the center and have found some paths are impossible to take simply because the stars are too far in distance. There are also wormholes/blackholes that will take you to different parts of the galaxy. Sometimes they take you closer to the center, sometimes they take you much further than you were. I would suggest traveling through the wormhole twice so it maps where they go. If you get a little lost, just toggle on the "travel trail" to see where you came from

Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:03 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

I have interstellar drive 5, it's the biggest you can get, so right now, I am excel at this game :p

Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:58 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: mike
I have interstellar drive 5, it's the biggest you can get, so right now, I am excel at this game :p

Wow Erhama you are just too cool for school.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:19 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: The Grox(Spore)
I just discovered who they are after hearing about them for the longest time. What the hell, they are basically like a cuter version of the Borg? Anyways I'm currently on a mission for them where I have to find some creature on a planet after using the planetary scan, however I cannot find the damn thing. I found two creatures, yet I couldn't find them.

Is this suppose to happen to progress this "Grox" storyline? Return without the creature and see what the Grox thinks about you? I make settlements on the first star I see next to a wormhole to mark it and once I entered another wormhole, they were right there when I exited.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:37 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Post Re:
Kai Awase wrote:
Erry wrote:

Wow Erhama you are just too cool for school.
School can suck it.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:21 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
The Grox are meanie-poohs. :grumpy:

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:37 am
The Walrus
The Walrus

I like the Grox. The story of their rise is facinating, and they're such an ancient race, mentioned in all the scrolls. There must be a deep deep reason for their hatred.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:06 pm
Laser Jesus
Laser Jesus

Name: Josh
Roleplay: Carla McGee
Shadowsim wrote:
I like the Grox. The story of their rise is facinating, and they're such an ancient race, mentioned in all the scrolls. There must be a deep deep reason for their hatred.

Quote:
As they developed among incredibly hostile species, they themselves grew to believe that the only way to survive in the universe was through aggression and expansion

:smile2:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
The Walrus
The Walrus

You ruined the sense of mysticism I was trying to create! T_T

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:02 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Post Re:
Delacroix wrote:
ZOMG, ZOMG, ZOMG!

I GOT INTO THE GALACTIC CORE!

All I did was use the refillmotives cheat and stay there until I killed everyone around me with the turret auto-thingy, now I need to look for sol(Sun) and the third rock from it(Earth).

I GOT THE STAFF OF LIFE, ZOMGZ!

:noob: :noob: :noob: :noob: :noob: :noob: :noob: :noob: :noob: :noob:

The smileys say it all.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 am
The Walrus
The Walrus

Does anyone know that grox is spode backwards, and vice versa. It's not an exact match, as spode backwards it "Growkse" and Grox backwards is "Sparde". It sounds stupid, but it is true!

It's kinda accurate as Spode and Grox are mortal enemies.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:25 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Shadowsim wrote:
Does anyone know that grox is spode backwards, and vice versa. It's not an exact match, as spode backwards it "Growkse" and Grox backwards is "Sparde". It sounds stupid, but it is true!

what the :censored: are you talking about

Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 pm
Laser Jesus
Laser Jesus

Name: Josh
Roleplay: Carla McGee
SimOperations wrote:
Shadowsim wrote:

what the :censored: are you talking about

I second that.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next