View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 WHOS THE BITCH WHO DELETED MY THREAD! 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Location: South Park, Colorado. Yes, seriously. I mean it. Don't look at me like that. I'm not lying! You are!
I seriously need to pose this question, not out of my dislike for Erhama, but from the amount of forum rules he's broken.

Why hasn't he been banned yet?

These threads he's made are perfect examples of not only spamming/trolling but of disrespecting other forum members, using offensive language, of a lack of respect for any authority figure and of being an unpredictable, 'violent' member of the forum. Aren't these things people get banned for? Or at least 'tagged'?

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
lol theres been a lot of fighting lately i've noticed, i just started posting more, but i always read everything

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:13 am
Sim God
Sim God

Name: Tom
These threads he's made are perfect examples of not only spamming/trolling but of disrespecting other forum members, using offensive language, of a lack of respect for any authority figure and of being an unpredictable, 'violent' member of the forum. Aren't these things people get banned for? Or at least 'tagged'?

Have you ever seen anybody get banned at SS who wasn't obviously here for the sole purpose of trolling? I honestly think it should take more than Erhama's current behaviour to warrant banning, but he's very close (or at least, would be my standards... no clue what Snooty thinks). Anyway, I like to think banning would only be used as a theoretical last resort for when it's clear things can't be resolved... and this Erhamadrama was over before it even started.

And what do you mean by 'tagged'?

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:29 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
Can I just ask one thing? Has the rules of the forums been relaxed or something? People have been using explicitives like it's the new "and", as I'm pretty sure when I joined that one of the fundamental rules were not to like, you know, swear?
Quote:
6) INSULTS/SWEARING:
Show respect to members, guests and moderators at all times.
NO curse words are allowed. Saying things like "sh#t" still counts as swearing even though you censored it, so just don't do it at all!

If it is allowed now, can we get the rules changed or something? It doesn't reflect with the whole forum.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:44 am
Site Owner
Site Owner

Erhama, you get a firm warning for all the swearing. Don't get yourself banned for a relatively little thing.
As Bonkywop said, if you have a problem with something/someone take it up with a moderator or the person in question but don't start yelling in the forum.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:19 am
Profile WWW
The Walrus
The Walrus

I see this is what he meant about "friends that at least respect him".

Hopefully he'll come back from his day off a changed man-boy-teen. I doubt it. He might finally realise now that Snooty's perosnally warned him though.

(I'm finding these threads amusing, even if they probably shouldn't exist).

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:35 pm
come hither
come hither

Can I just ask one thing? Has the rules of the forums been relaxed or something? People have been using explicitives like it's the new "and", as I'm pretty sure when I joined that one of the fundamental rules were not to like, you know, swear?
Quote:
6) INSULTS/SWEARING:
Show respect to members, guests and moderators at all times.
NO curse words are allowed. Saying things like "sh#t" still counts as swearing even though you censored it, so just don't do it at all!

If it is allowed now, can we get the rules changed or something? It doesn't reflect with the whole forum.

Yea, i think that rule should be changed too.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:13 pm
Sim God
Sim God

I agree. Erhama being told off for swearing ahead of actual abusive behaviour seems strange prioritising and, like with it being lumped together with the insults rule despite them being totally different things, I think it really sends out the wrong message (especially when many of the most respected members here swear and aren't excessively conflictive at all).

I'm pretty surprised, to be honest, I didn't think Snooty cared much about the swearing part of that rule anymore... no-one's really followed it for a long time, and it's almost never enforced.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:20 pm
Site Owner
Site Owner

I'm pretty surprised, to be honest, I didn't think Snooty cared much about the swearing part of that rule anymore... no-one's really followed it for a long time, and it's almost never enforced.

An occasional swear word doesn't bother me, but if it's directed to someone, I have a problem with it.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Sim God
Sim God

I agree with that, yes. That's the thing, though, it just seems a misleading thing to pick out when it's more the intent rather than the swearing itself that's the problem.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:08 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Would you mind taking this conversation to the Mod Hangout?

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:14 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

if we are going to Reprimand Erhama for his use of cusses, then how come when i ...

never mind

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:08 am
Profile YIM
come hither
come hither

He says f u, etc. which is more offensive than just tossing it out their in conversation.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:48 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
Then maybe a slight re-wording of the rule? I know it's not that important, but it kind of gives off the wrong message. We're told to read the rule post before we post, to find that a moderator like Bonky is using "motherfucking" every second word. It's a bit misleading. Also, why have a filter for some of the words if no one cares about swearing? It seems strange that if we're allowed to use fu.ck that it's filtered out.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:22 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Location: This little place called heaven.....oh God says hi.....

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:53 am
Sim God
Sim God

Then maybe a slight re-wording of the rule? I know it's not that important, but it kind of gives off the wrong message. We're told to read the rule post before we post, to find that a moderator like Bonky is using "motherfucking" every second word. It's a bit misleading. Also, why have a filter for some of the words if no one cares about swearing? It seems strange that if we're allowed to use fu.ck that it's filtered out.

I agree with the general sentiment, but your perception of the swearing's a little bit exaggerated... out of over 4000 posts here I've said 'motherfucking' literally once...

And the word censor should probably go even if the rule stayed. It's easy enough to overcome and there are so many words it doesn't catch, most considerably more serious than 'damn', which is filtered.

I've been meaning to propose a rules rewrite, actually. I wanted to leave it a while because I probably come across as a bit arrogant being one of the 'newbie' mods asking for the most vital part of the mod-regime to be totally overhauled. Though this has been done before (in 2005, I guess?), I just think they're poorly-written, too open to misinterpretation, and... well, they're for an almost entirely different community now than who they were written for. Nothing that drastic, just something that fits the forum and is easier for members to take seriously.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:42 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

this was something that i started to bring up, but just could not bother at the moment.

But now that someone else has brought it up, i'll finish off my statement.

A curse is a curse, no matter if you put an "ing" after it. I am offended it by it. but i won't start a campaign about it.

I see Erhama getting reprimanded for cussing at people. but just couple of months ago I had a least one Mod cuss at me.
and another member insulting using cussing words.

I hate seeing the "F" word being used on here. I don't care if the forum changes. i rather not see cuss words.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:02 pm
Profile YIM
come hither
come hither

just because your a conservative afraid of change doesn't mean the rest of us are!

Envy, i don't see, how it offends you. Do you not see any R rated movies then?

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:09 pm
Sim God
Sim God

A curse is a curse, no matter if you put an "ing" after it.

You've said this before but I'm not sure who you think's denying that?

EnVy wrote:
I see Erhama getting reprimanded for cussing at people. but just couple of months ago I had a least one Mod cuss at me.

This is a misleading thing to say, no-one was abusive to you in the sense that Erhama was to others. Someone swearing in a response directed to you isn't exactly swearing AT you, if that makes sense.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:21 pm
come hither
come hither

and when you started getting mad the first time, it was out of no where when we were all just having fun.. idk what prompted you to go on your rampage the first time.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next