View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 THE SIMS 4 WISH LIST!!! 
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Post Re: THE SIMS 4 WISH LIST!!!
Kira wrote:
More support for community custom content. Getting up framework and all that jazz is enough to give someone a headache.

I fully agree with this, they need to recognise custom content more, maybe also have some feature that records all the mods put into the game.

My wish for Sims 4 would be that they'd throw out whatever engine they have right now and use/make something less susceptible to bugs. (If that's even possible)

Also I'd like to see for CAS, as a rule of thumb....if a relationship is possible to be made in-game then it should be possible to make in CAS

I'd also like the option to create ancestors in Cas, they're not part of the household but you could create them for the family tree (and they'd be considered dead)

tbh I honestly wouldn't mind if one of the only things they changed was making the Sims Franchise more solid....surely with all the breakthroughs in gaming technology they should be able to make a sims game less buggy? I don't believe any of that "it's a big game" tat, I'm sure there are bigger games.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:30 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

oh my god, is it really in development? it is way too early for me to think about the sims 4. how am i even going to install it with my complete collection, all of my sims 2 and all of my sims 3? my computer doesn't have unlimited spaces. :sad:

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:23 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
dragonbytes wrote:
oh my god, is it really in development? it is way too early for me to think about the sims 4. how am i even going to install it with my complete collection, all of my sims 2 and all of my sims 3? my computer doesn't have unlimited spaces. :sad:

by the time it's out, I'm sure we'll all have touch screen computers, unlimited space and MSN/Skype calls are virtual 3D realities... so I wouldn't worry. XD

I am Electra Heart.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:26 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Jawsh wrote:
dragonbytes wrote:

by the time it's out, I'm sure we'll all have touch screen computers, unlimited space and MSN/Skype calls are virtual 3D realities... so I wouldn't worry. XD

Lol, Josh, you're going way too far into the future.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Simmer
Simmer

ok not to be a douche or anything but do you really think ea is gonna add all that, all those people want is to take your cash thats why sims 3 sucks worse than the sims 1 and 2 and its gonna get crappier untill they run out of ideas, somebody(like me) should make a simulation game that people want to play instead of crap, and i might make one next sy\ummer

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:13 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I think the Sims 4 should combine the Sims 3 base game, Late Night, and weather. Maybe they could put pets in, not a necessity, but they could. Plus better graphics. But until then, I will enjoy what we've got.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:14 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Phoebe
Roleplay: Kenzie Jacobson
I would be happy if they added more complex family options in CAS. For instance, being able to have step-siblings from the get-go, or young adults having teen-aged siblings. And it would also be nice if you could have teens being able to leave home without adults, like if they can't stand their parents or something.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:31 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
EUPHORIA ENGINE!!!!
I want them to trash their idea that everyone can play sims. KICK OUT THE OLD COMPUTERS, GROW SOME BALLS
^to further expand, they just need to create the game for more up the grid, not lower. I have a pretty fast computer, and from seeing what can be at parties, i think they could fully populate the neighborhood and create a running AI for every family. Maybe they need to create a settings menu option for this.
I want an engine to create facial features and hair via cursor, aka, being able to control length, curly, wavy, straight, and then styles. There would be presets (aka modded hairs) and preset faces, but you';d be able to morph them with your cursor. This would be so much easier, the faces are way too complicated to have all these menus now.
More Gradual aging, the child - teen age is still way too far apart.
I want babies, not caterpillas.
Weather in base game, for gods sake. Keep the real life elements first, then go on to exotic features.
I know a lot of you don't like it, but i like how they stripped down the animations a bit. It makes the game faster. I feel that if they added somthing like the euphoria engine, things like getting by people and walking places would be a breeze.
Sims actually interact with the items in their world, say they bump into a table and trip over it, instead of walking right through it. Aka, a sense of solidity.
If not euphoria, more area based animations. Aka, hand A touch here, and hand B touch there. The fact that a lot of animations are just static pisses me off, like how when fixing a computer sims touch non-existant places? Yeah.
Fix lighting, for gods sake. And shadows. They fixed it a little bit since release, by remembering and looking at the intro video, but still!
Make the intro video for each resolution, or at least closer to. The aspect of them only rendering their video through 800x600 is really starting to piss me off.

More to add! I like everyones ideas already!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Euphoria Engine? I agree, the Sims 4 should definitely have that, no doubt about it. I've been wanting a different engine for awhile now that can cope with certain things and actions you can't have or do now. That would be the next step...and better graphics.:D

But I can only hope EA would think about it. I'm sure they've got something interesting on the board though.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:22 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I know it's early to say, but does anyone know what BIG sellout feature the sims 4 will have? In the Sims 2, it was 3D, aging and genetics. The Sims 3, open neighborhood, traits, and (somewhat) better environment graphics. Whats the next step?
And do you think that The Sims 4 will encorperate different input methods? Different UI? Different controls?

Since the Sims 1, and all sims games, The input is a mouse + action menus. Is there a different way to do it? the menus have not changed much, besides graphics, since the first game. Is this an element that defines The Sims Series?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:02 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Phoebe
Roleplay: Kenzie Jacobson
Swatme101 wrote:
I know it's early to say, but does anyone know what BIG sellout feature the sims 4 will have? In the Sims 2, it was 3D, aging and genetics. The Sims 3, open neighborhood, traits, and (somewhat) better environment graphics. Whats the next step?

Maybe they'll expand the world even more? Or possibly introduce more types of game play, like first person style instead of just the "playing God" kind that we already have. (If that makes any sense.)

Whatever it is, I just hope EA actually does it properly rather than the half-done junk they've been spitting out lately.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:30 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Swatme101 wrote:
And do you think that The Sims 4 will encorperate different input methods? Different UI? Different controls?

Since the Sims 1, and all sims games, The input is a mouse + action menus. Is there a different way to do it? the menus have not changed much, besides graphics, since the first game. Is this an element that defines The Sims Series?

Personally I think it should be better graphics all around, climate, and maybe they could add pets to the game. That's just my wishful thinking. I hope it doesn't have something to do with the online aspect. That would piss me off. They should also focus on sims reacting to their environments better. Maybe they could also add height, but a lot of these new ideas might require a new engine, which I'm totally down with.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

X-Anastacia wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

Personally I think it should be better graphics all around, climate, and maybe they could add pets to the game. That's just my wishful thinking. I hope it doesn't have something to do with the online aspect. That would piss me off. They should also focus on sims reacting to their environments better. Maybe they could also add height, but a lot of these new ideas might require a new engine, which I'm totally down with.

Well, I mean, some of those things are just features you'd find in an EP. I mean completely new game elements. Of course, weather SHOULD have been a given in Sims 3 *shakes fist* but it's somthing that can be added on. I'm talking straight up unseen things. New ideas. The open neighborhood was somthing impossible in TS2, and the traits were somthing unthought of. What the heck is EA going to pull out of their asses to make the game that much better.

And opinions; Will The Sims 3 be the Windows Vista of games (Aka, the absolute fuck up that everyone switches to Windows 7 right away when it comes out early)? If The Sims 4 is a lot better, by that time TS2 will be outdated, and I'm sure a lot of people will move over. I know there are some borked features in TS3, but is it enough to make a complete move?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:04 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Swatme101 wrote:
X-Anastacia wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

Well, I mean, some of those things are just features you'd find in an EP. I mean completely new game elements. Of course, weather SHOULD have been a given in Sims 3 *shakes fist* but it's somthing that can be added on. I'm talking straight up unseen things. New ideas. The open neighborhood was somthing impossible in TS2, and the traits were somthing unthought of. What the heck is EA going to pull out of their asses to make the game that much better.

And opinions; Will The Sims 3 be the Windows Vista of games (Aka, the absolute fuck up that everyone switches to Windows 7 right away when it comes out early)? If The Sims 4 is a lot better, by that time TS2 will be outdated, and I'm sure a lot of people will move over. I know there are some borked features in TS3, but is it enough to make a complete move?

I personally think in order for the game to move forward they should add weather and pets so that by the time we have expansion packs for the SIms 4, they can introduce completely new aspects without the same old pets expansion and weather expansion.

The other thing they should work on is graphics and how the sims react to their environment. Those two things right there can seriously determine the outcome of the sims and make the game more interesting. I love the diversity we were able to have with the sims in the SIms 3, but those graphics could be much better.

Another thing is that they might add a SimCity element to the game. I just pray to God that the next "step" isn't the online aspect they've been contemplating.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:34 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

X-Anastacia wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:
X-Anastacia wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

I personally think in order for the game to move forward they should add weather and pets so that by the time we have expansion packs for the SIms 4, they can introduce completely new aspects without the same old pets expansion and weather expansion.

The other thing they should work on is graphics and how the sims react to their environment. Those two things right there can seriously determine the outcome of the sims and make the game more interesting. I love the diversity we were able to have with the sims in the SIms 3, but those graphics could be much better.

Another thing is that they might add a SimCity element to the game. I just pray to God that the next "step" isn't the online aspect they've been contemplating.

Was TSO any good? I mean, how did it work?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Swatme101 wrote:
Was TSO any good? I mean, how did it work?

I don't know, but from what I've heard it wasn't so great though a few people said it was okay. That's fine if they want to try new things out, I just think that would be a cheap way out to say that the next big "step" for the SIms 4 is being online.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:43 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Name: Kyle
My intuition (or ardent hope) is that the 'next big step' would have to do with the societies in which the Sims live, with differing laws, social norms, cultural memes, economies, and so on, not to mention making possible more urban communities—or rural, for that matter. There has already been plenty of this developed through the SimCity series and some interesting experimentation in SimCity Societies, and I really think that The Sims could benefit greatly from taking some of this as a backdrop.

Some multiplayer functionality would be nice. Although going totally MMO could be a mess, there have been many occasions that my girlfriend and I have wished that we could more genuinely play together.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Saerain wrote:
My intuition (or ardent hope) is that the 'next big step' would have to do with the societies in which the Sims live, with differing laws, social norms, cultural memes, economies, and so on, not to mention making possible more urban communities—or rural, for that matter. There has already been plenty of this developed through the SimCity series and some interesting experimentation in SimCity Societies, and I really think that The Sims could benefit greatly from taking some of this as a backdrop.

Some multiplayer functionality would be nice. Although going totally MMO could be a mess, there have been many occasions that my girlfriend and I have wished that we could more genuinely play together.

Hmm. I like that idea. Sims is like trying to figure out different dimentions. You must wonder what's next? You must take the current stuff and exponentialize (if that's a word) it!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:00 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

more different ear shapes like pointed, animal ears, faerie or elf like ears, or no ears at all

sims can accidentally vomit on another sim and the sim that was vomited on would have their hygiene go to down to zero and the one that vomited on the sim would be embarrassed XDDD

a potion or something that can make same sex sims have babies

sims can crap their pants if they fart ( very rarely but mostly happens if they are sick xDDDD )

sims will NOT laugh if a enemy or a disliked sim dies ( it was so annoying when a sim hated another sim and started sobing like a moron and they didint even like them! i found it hilarious when a sims enemy dies and they would point and laugh at them. I was sad when they took that out in sims 3 : < )

more traits such as feminine/manly emotionless/sympathetic , weak/strong stomach, picky/not picky, caring/selfish,

their should be a choice that you can choose how strong the trait is for a sim. If your sim has a sloppy trait for example you can choose how sloppy your sim will be from a scale 1 to 3 1 being not to sloppy and could care either way if their environment is a mess or not , 2 being sloppy but still helpful around the house and 3 being so sloppy they could care less and like being gross. This would go for all traits.

customize skins and more options for eyes and face and the body , not just how fat or muscular your sim is but mabey a extra pair of arms or legs and mabey a extra head if you wanted just for lols : )

sorry for my lack of grammar and punctuation 8-P

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:16 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
pagangirl wrote:
but mabey a extra pair of arms or legs and mabey a extra head if you wanted just for lols : )

These are sims, not aliens or mutants.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:55 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next