View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 THE SIMS 4 WISH LIST!!! 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post THE SIMS 4 WISH LIST!!!
We know The Sims 4 is in the early stage of development.

Before it's too late.......

Write your idea here! And make sure EA read it!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:58 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: THE SIMS 4 WISH LIST!!!
- Can the babies stop looking like crap? They're a major step down from babies in TS2.
- More support for community custom content. Getting up framework and all that jazz is enough to give someone a headache.

That's all I have for now. XD I'll edit and add more later.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I would love a more elaborate timeline, like an option to start like a caveman and have the generations of your caveman-sim move on through to the ultra modern ages. Every age could have its own jobs/hobbies/interactions and also different building styles and objects that are available.

Also; more building options!

And some tools to create your own objects would be really cool.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:13 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

I would love for SimCity to be where it takes place. Sim City includes the City itself, where sims can live in apartments and have alot of fun, the suburbs, basically what we have now, and the courtryside, where sims can have farms, animals and a peaceful atmosphere. And you pick where your sims live, and that area will be open. Of course, sims can visit other parts of Simcity.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:04 am
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
Not only should we have larger neighbourhoods (cities, perhaps?) we should also have time periods, that would be fun.
Um, alsosauce, gradual aging (or a hell of a lot more life stages), height (even just two or three options would be good), OPTIONAL growing hair (because some people don't like it xD), what Ki said about CC: it should be easier to install/make (i.e. give us some help, don't leave it to the community like TS3), more social options, customisation of everything (including the flowers :D), less pudding-faced sims, more objects/clothing in the base game, less rabbit holes, better routing, and cleverer sims (TS3 sims are abnormally stupid, there's a fire, you tell them to get away from the fire, so they ignore you and get closer to the fire).

kthxdone.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
Less clay, moar epic graphics.
No pudding, kthxbai.
More features.
More related to Sims 2. (It should also be a sequel instead of a prequel)
PRE-TEENS!
Height.
Social options such as a "Talk to the hand" interaction! ;D
MOAR CUSTOMIZATION!
An in-game mesh creating program.
The sims aren't so SLOW.
Better running technique.
Better walking technique.
A user friendly CC-folder.
By seamless, I mean, SEAMLESS. (A whole planet!)
Moar objects and clothing for the base game and EPs.
Areas! (Ghetto, urban, farm-like, suburbs, etc)

I am Electra Heart.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Danny
"WEATHER" would be nice! :pissed:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Jawsh wrote:
Less clay, moar epic graphics.
No pudding, kthxbai.
More features.
More related to Sims 2. (It should also be a sequel instead of a prequel)
PRE-TEENS!
Height.
Social options such as a "Talk to the hand" interaction! ;D
MOAR CUSTOMIZATION!
An in-game mesh creating program.
The sims aren't so SLOW.
Better running technique.
Better walking technique.
A user friendly CC-folder.
By seamless, I mean, SEAMLESS. (A whole planet!)
Moar objects and clothing for the base game and EPs.
Areas! (Ghetto, urban, farm-like, suburbs, etc)

want all you said - minus the planet thing :P

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:53 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Lets see... I want:

Gradual Aging, or at least more life-stages, like pre-teen, Pre-school, something in between adult and elder, and an optional age after elder but before death.
A Hair-style making system, like being able to add bangs, cut or lengthen, curl, on hair styles already in the game,
Boats,
DEATH GALORE! :wink:
Weather,
Height,
Better and more options for a sims body,
Better story progression,
Better building tools(Fencing and walls on the edge, more floors..),
Pets,
Aliens(And Abduction/Pregnancy!),
Fae Folk,
Merpeople,
Superheros,
Natural disasters, :smile2:
Unnatural disasters, :ohyeah:
Deaths from the disasters, :grin:
Accents,
DEATH GALORE! :mwahaha:
Another fictional country that rivals SimNation,
Children that don't look like elves,
Toddlers that aren't never ugly,
Babies that actually look different from one another,
Babies that act like TS2 babies, rather then caterpillars in a cocoon,
Being able to see the color of a baby's eyes and eyebrows,
Better Jealousy system,
Actually seamless neighborhood, not this half-dead thing we have now,
Much better free will,
A better social system,
At least half of the social options we had with TS2,
And being able to choose how smart/dumb my sims are, not just free-will.

Plus everything everyone else has mentioned, except the planet and caveman timeline thing. I'd at least like them to be optional. :ohyeah:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:08 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Name: Jason
I really really want height and curly hair.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:05 am

Name: Shane
A much bigger neighbourhood, preferably a city.
Sims being able to open the door to their car and reverse from their driveway, like they could in The Sims 2.
Slower cars not disappearing, instead they hold up the traffic behind them.
Could also include traffic lights and cars giving way to each other xD
If you have 6 or 7 Sims travelling in a car with say 7 seats, you should be able to see all of them in their own seat, not 4 having seats, and the others disappearing until they get to their destination.
Anyway, off cars xD
Maybe when Sims are cooking, you can actually see them get out the right equipment, like a frying pan or bowl, instead of it appearing out of their hands.
Height.
Gradual aging.
And other things have already been mentioned I think xD
Well, that's what I wish for xD

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:02 am
Profile WWW

Name: Caroline
Better animation (like, back to TS2 status at least, please)
Areas: being in Sim County, whether in apartments in Sim City, houses in Simville, or on ranches off Sim Rt. 10, would be cool.
Hey, can we get some weather in the base game so we don't have to wait years for the expansion? That'd be great.
HOME BUSINESSES. OFB was like the best thing that happened to life (side note: I wonder if we'll see them in Ambitions...?)
Ages would be dope; I wonder if there'd be a way to slowly advance from like Mesopotamia to the Space Age (ok, prolly not: the technology would be too hard to swing). --Anyway, I don't want to overstep my bounds into Age of Empires territory.
NO ADDED BIRTHDAYS. If they add more age groups, the birthdays must be shorter lived, I mean really.
This is a little one: more voices (so you can mimic languages, because it sounds like American English 90% of the time).
I'd like fun creatures back, especially if there's an alien who isn't boring as my Econ prof.
Another nit-picky one: being able to tell the exact age of an acquaintance, so my just-young adult doesn't accidentally marry someone 20 days older than them (or am I just completely inept...?)

Dudes among us asking for natural disasters: yay for earthquakes in Ambitions!

Thanks for any consideration.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:34 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Something I completely forgot that TS4 needs to have, even more then curly hair and natural disasters( :love: ).
When TS3 was coming out EA was going on all about "ZOMGZ Seamless Neighborhood, living town, everybody ages, amazing Story Progression!" I'd like to actually have that. The neighborhood seems dead until you go to the park, then all the sims show up and do things, Sims just stand around in their yards not doing anything until you visit them.
I'd like the town to be what it seemed to be in the trailer, active, alive, and not having to wait a minute for the other lots to load up. I know there are mods to fix this, but some of them aren't enough and the others are overly complicated.
Give me everything that was hyped about in TS3, not just a cheap mock-off! :ohyeah:

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:21 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

KITTENS!

ok to be serious.

I'd love to see an even better AI.. and you know it'll be available. I love the gossip aspect but it's mostly just the progression system. You see such gossip in third-party alerts with the NRAA (?) Story Progression mod. I'd rather my sim see it first hand and not psychically know things about the community.

I'd like to see a seamless age progression that mimics the seamless pregnancy progression. No more "POOF" i'm old. The technology is there to morph models (IE Pregnancy) and it would give the age groups maybe 1-3 days to progress completely 6 at max.

I'd like to see Sims 2 genetics.. right now we have puzzle piece genetics and I hate how they handled the way hair color is passed down. Total fail. What if my sim mom wants pink hair but wants her kids to have her natural hair color?

More sliders/customization but keeping in the cartoon-y feel but allow people to make realistic sims maybe have a "realistic" setting for those who love to make celebs but don't want to rely on custom content (IE Face masks) for the true look.

I do seriously want kittens but.. I'm talking about base game so I'll keep the kitten talk out of it.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:09 am

Name: Robert
I'm really liking the "open" neighborhood of The Sims 3, however, I really hate what it has done to family selection! I know the goal was to eliminate (yeah right) the loading screens, which still exist, but honestly they did not bother me that much. They gave me time to do other things while I waited. To select other families and households in this game is a complete nightmare; how could the producers of The Sims 3 possibly think this was a good idea? Instead of simply clicking a few buttons to go back to the neighborhood screen and selecting another family there's all these steps and it drives me NUTS! If they want to do an open neighborhood that's fine, just make family selection more simplistic. Here's an idea: when you zoom out to see the neighborhood (map view) have an option to either continue playing with the current family, make a new family, or select a family that is already living in the neighborhood. If you decide to leave the current family a message could pop up saying: "You are about to leave the selected household. Are you sure you'd like to do this?" then click "okay" (which saves) or "cancel" (which will keep you with the current family). Also, make more open areas and less "rabbit holes" in the game. If we are supposed to "explore" the open world it makes more sense to have more stuff, right? I'm sure The Sims 3 expansion packs will add more to the game, but it should all come standard in The Sims 4. I also want UNIVERSITY; seriously I made a thread myself about this and think it's a great idea! A university campus would be perfect amongst the open world atmosphere of the game, should they choose to continue it in The Sims 4. A sim could easily go from hanging out on the quad, to attending his class, to grabbing a bite in the cafeteria, write up a paper in the library and then head home. The University/Higher Education could come standard into the game and could be like in the center of the neighborhood. A Sim could either choose to attend uni or not, but would be able to hang out on campus regardless of his decision. I really like the seeds planted by The Sims 2's University and think they really could expand on that in The Sims 4 (or The Sims 3 if they create a Uni expansion pack,) it would be marvelous! The Sims could attend classes and hang out on campus, and either choose to live on campus (apartment or dorm) or simply leave classes and go back home, because in my version the neighborhood would be open. They really should just keep pushing the game and make The Sims 4 the most realistic as possible, without it being real people. That's really all I want. :bouncy:

Mon May 31, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Thomas
all I can say is that if there is going to be a sims 4 it better be unlike anything we have now otherwise its not worth it to start another sims line.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:27 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Latoya
I want the babies to have more realistic actions actually do things rather that lay there have more things for the interaction for the parents and the baby, take them out for a walk, put them in clothes . more control over the sims when they are in shops. easier to make our own custom content, witches and wizards, vampires and there could be a job as a vampire slayer plus most of the other things that everyone else have posted on here i am looking forward to it :)

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:33 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Popcornian
CAN MY SIMS GO LIVE IN A BETTER URBAN ENVIRONMENT WITH ACTUAL SKYSCRAPERS INSTEAD OF JUST CONCRETE AND EYECANDY?

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:28 am

My wishes:

- Use CryEngine3 or make something similar instead of using the horrible current game engine. Light simulation and texture resolutions looks crap.

- NO rabbit holes.

- Several households per lot like it was in TS2 Apartment life, and make it possible to purchase the house/ apartment instead of renting it - that would make it possible to have more real row houses.

- Off-road driveways and similar. Also a tool to make a driving-path out to the main road, so the sims could drive it from the garage through their garden (with curves).

- "Open For Business" from the beginning - I'm still dreaming of having my "own" café, art gallery and exclusive auto-dealer.

- Better cellars and make it possible to have half walls to lift the roof so lofts will be more usable.

- Roof-windows - I hated when I had to download roof windows as objects and TS2 Seasons came out.. They didn't isolate from the weather.

- Create a world tool with possibilities to change type of road (no, 1 or 2 sidewalks, number of lanes, lifted road on hill sides(wall next to the road), asphalt, dirt, etc...)

- Winds - trees and everything else that should, are affected by winds.. in other words, just use CryEngine2 or 3. (This is more just an example of what would make the world more "living")

- Shopping malls/ lots with several businesses on owed by different sims (just make a zone tool, just like floor tool, in the build menu and this would be solved).. This could also be used for separating gardens when building row-houses.

- Make sims enter their cars like humans in real life do, again.

- Make sims shower, bath and eat faster. It takes a freaking hour to do those things in the game.

- Architect: Objects should have a "trait" like modern, funkis, art nouveau, art deco, etc. You can place random things when doing an architect project and make the owner(s) of the house happy as long as the object has the requested function.. If the house is stuffed with funkis furniture from before, it would be weird to place art nouveau there if it wasn't a total overhaul of the house.

- Bridges (f.ex. in the garden and not just in neighbourhoods), not based on using stairs and foundation wall.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:52 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
Also, another suggestion is the places being more, I dunno, POPULATED?
In Sims 2, community lots used to THRIVE, now they're just... dead when you first arrive, and even when everyone's there, it still seems dead when you go to other places in town. I don't care if it means bringing proper townies back! Just as long as the town isn't so DEAD!

I sure hope if a Downtown EP comes out, the community lots there are THRIVING with LOTS of life, otherwise I will be quite pissed, I'd rather not have every single freaking place in the game being dead.

I wanna see more... crazy things! In the trailer, it showed all sorts of stuff happening in the town, and now when you go out, you hardly see fighting, romance, it's all just talking or people sitting around not even socializing! Where the hell has the LIFE gone? It's like going into a ghost town, seriously.

That's what we need back the most, the life, and the feeling.

I am Electra Heart.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next