View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 End of life for The Sims 4? 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post End of life for The Sims 4?
The Sims 2 retained it's charm and playability even to this day. The Sims 3 also followed suit. What might The Sims 4 be like once it ends it's lifespan on the product life cycle?

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:50 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: End of life for The Sims 4?
You mean it hasn't ended already? xD I'm so uninterested in the next EP. I honestly feel like I don't care one bit until the add toddlers. Then we'll talk.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I completely agree with Kira. I went back to the Sims 3 for a little while and my Sims family was so much more fulfilling with toddlers. They left a HUGE piece of the game out and I wish I could arrange a player-wide boycott of the Sims 4 in an attempt to force them to give us toddlers. EA doesn't seem too concerned about it and that makes me mad. I was honestly expecting the new EP to come with toddlers - finally adding that life stage one year after the base game was released seemed like a good idea to me. :mad:

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:53 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Hi all! I haven't been here in a while. :hug:

I think Sims 4 will have maybe a year shorter "life" compared to Sims 3. Some simmers love Sims 4, but at least as many simmers are disappointed. TS4 was originally made as an online multiplayer game and simplified compared to TS3 so it wouldn't cause lag because of the players internet connection. But when EA listened to the simmers and learned that "we" wanted a single player game, they changed their mind and rushed the TS4 development in that direction.

Another game company is developing a life simulation game, and if that goes well then EA will have competition.

So my guess is that TS4 will have a shorter life span than TS3, and that we will see more sophisticated Sims game(s) within a couple of years, with the open world back (and toddlers :ton: ).

I don't play much with toddlers, to be honest, BUT they are a part of life and growing up, so they are important, even if I find them annoying. :laugh:

Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:29 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I would love to see the Sims games come back with an Open World. Is there any way that could be added to the Sims 4? I don't know. I'm glad they scrapped the online, multi-player game because they would have lost me with that. I'm still mad that, a year after the release, we still don't have toddlers.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:34 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Lola001 wrote:
I would love to see the Sims games come back with an Open World. Is there any way that could be added to the Sims 4? I don't know. I'm glad they scrapped the online, multi-player game because they would have lost me with that. I'm still mad that, a year after the release, we still don't have toddlers.

I'd be happy if they just remove the damn loading screens from lots. Sims 4 essentially has an open world done on a smaller scale, except you cannot actually enter lots without the loading screen.

I'd laugh if EA actually decides to add toddlers in a part of the final expansion pack.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:06 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I had forgotten about the multiplayer aspect that they wanted to do originally and I actually wished they had done that (if it had worked). I think it could have been a lot of fun.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Kira wrote:
I had forgotten about the multiplayer aspect that they wanted to do originally and I actually wished they had done that (if it had worked). I think it could have been a lot of fun.

How would it work though?

Each player is limited to one household?

Also, I'm sure someone could make a mod for it.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:09 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

sims4 is lag free I agree to that. but I also hate the fact they load the screen like in sims2 that dam green diamond when you travel drives me nuts :mad: I wish they come back with cars or even boats like in sims3 . and yes I miss the toddlers so bad not fun anymore getting pregnant, reminds me to much of sims1 kiss boom a baby then a child, that so sucks :mad:

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:49 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I remember seeing somewhere and I'm not sure how I stumbled acrossed it, but it appears the loading screen for lots within a neighborhood is going to be removed in Get Together. Not sure if the source was credible or not, but here's hoping.

The only thing that disappoints me thus far is how EA is tackling everything half-arsed. With the past few expansion and game packs as well as free updates we've seen the re-introduction of more common aspects of The Sims base games. Despite being called a "spiritural successor" to Livin' Large, which in itself isn't a bad thing at all, this pack is still more or less that Nightlife remake with the inclusion of clubs. I just hope we get the addition of a city world much like Bridgeport.

Sims 3 as of right now still remains king until the Sims 4 can knock it off of it's pedestal. Sims 2 follows in a close second.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:52 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Hmmm, if the loading screens within a neighborhood are removed in Get Together, I might actually consider buying it one day. I haven't heard that before so I guess we will have to wait and see.

I think the world that is coming out with Get Together is kind of an Italian, European setting, isn't it?

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:56 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

I think so lola not for sure about the new world in sims4 get together. I hopeing for toddlers or even cars, I so miss going grocery shooping in my car in sims4:( not fun to just travel thru sims4 cell phone. I even miss looking at neighbors like across from you like sims3 has. sims4 ok at some point but not even close to sims3

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:02 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Kira wrote:

I guess we would have to pay a monthly subscription fee. I'm not into that. But it would have been fun to visit our Sim friends. :happy:

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:33 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Cororon wrote:
Kira wrote:

I guess we would have to pay a monthly subscription fee. I'm not into that. But it would have been fun to visit our Sim friends. :happy:

I don't think so. EA seems to make it's money from selling content packs not from subscriptions. Multiplayer probably could've been a free update for all know.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:00 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Holy shittttt it's been so long! How is everyone doing? I followed the sims 4 up until like June 2014. After that i lost faith in it, but what do you guys think of it as of a year later? Is it any better than when it was released or is it still pretty lackluster? :smile:

Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:34 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

hunter wrote:
Holy shittttt it's been so long! How is everyone doing? I followed the sims 4 up until like June 2014. After that i lost faith in it, but what do you guys think of it as of a year later? Is it any better than when it was released or is it still pretty lackluster? :smile:

Hi there! :wave: I've also been away from here for some time (been moderator & then admin on another forum).

You've followed TS4 but didn't buy it? I did the same, but I'm still not interested. I play TS3 instead. It's pretty much all I need, until EA (or someone else) makes a Sims game with better graphics and an open world and CASt.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

hunter wrote:

Hi Hunter! Long time no see! :hi5:

I find that the Sims 4 is still pretty lacking. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but I'm a Family Player so toddlers were a huge part of my gameplay. With boring babies springing out of the crib to become independent children, that makes the game really boring for me. Get to Work definitely increased my interest in the game and I still find the playable careers to be a lot of fun, but the game will always be lacking and incomplete until they bring back the toddler life stage.

Building is awesome, I really love how easy they have made it to change things. I miss CASt here and there, mostly when it comes to decorative things like curtains and rugs, but there is some great CC out now that makes it easier to get the look I want.

That being said, I am currently obsessed with the Sims 2 again so that's all I'm playing. There is so much to do and I actually find it to be more of a challenge than the Sims 3 or 4. It's a fun change.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:13 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Long time no see indeed! It's really sad what seems to have become of the sims franchise. From what I've seen, it's like they created a game but left out all the charm that made the first three games so good. I also heard that the Sims 4 hasn't even reached the same sales numbers that sims 3 had in its first week, though i'm not sure if that's true. And i feel both of you, I still play 2 and 3 occasionally, usually when i'm feeling nostalgic. Nothing beats Pleasant View! Oh also, I still can't believe they shut down the forums over on the sims 3 website as soon as it ended. Going through the CAW section was always one of my favourite ways to kill time

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Thomas
I get the feeling the Sims 4 may end sooner then we think. It doesn't seem to be as popular as the last sims was and I don't think people apprieciate it as much as they did in the past. I also think that without rehashes of what we had before there isn't much more to improve upon in this franchise.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:11 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I'm fine with rehashes of what we had before. They could keep me interested in Sims 4 by adding toddlers, pets, weather, university, an actual restaurant for dates and outings. I think the loading screens and closed world is a disappointment to a lot of people after Sims 3 but I have to admit that my Sims 4 game runs better than Sims 3 ever did so maybe it was a worthwhile trade-off.

I will admit that if the next EP doesn't include toddlers, I'm going to be seriously pissed. I hate how babies spring up into children all of a sudden, it's crap.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next