View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Get together 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Post Get together
What you all thinking after watching the gameplay in a European style.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Post Re: Get together
Here is a link to the news page, including the release trailer.

I was immediately pissed off that it didn't say anything about toddlers. I was really hoping for that... it's been almost a year and I feel like this would have been the perfect time to add them.

I will admit that I find the concept interesting. I like the look of the new world and I like having more things for my sims to do. They are really focusing on group interactions, which I like. I played the Sims 3 last week and I was a little disappointed when my sims couldn't multi-task and do a lot of group socializing. I like the idea of having a clique of snobby girls or a group of sports enthusiasts who all kind of act the same way.

That being said, one thing that my friends and I like to do is go out for a meal at a restaurant... that is still missing from the game and I think this would have been a great place to add it. So, while I like what I see, I also feel like a couple of things are still missing. Maybe the release trailer didn't include everything but I think that if restaurants were a part of the EP, they would have mentioned it.

I'll be watching for more info and will probably end up buying this EP.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:55 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

It looks kinda of like a vacation pack with a focus on partying and group activities.

I like the sound of group activities(provided they're not limited to adults, teens need something to do dammit), not sure about the rest.

I need to hear/see more.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I was thinking the same thing; I hope the new groups and interactions aren't limited to just adults, teenagers definitely need to have more of a life!

To me, the concept feels like a combination of Livin' Large and House Party, which isn't a bad thing. I like the new skills, Dancing and DJing, and the new female hair looks pretty good.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:37 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post The Sims 4 Get Together
A little refreshing to see a spiritual successor to the first Sims expansion packs ever.

It is like Livin' Large, House Party, and Nightlife/Late Night.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:02 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

*Merged similar topics*

I agree, Spode, I immediately thought of the original Sims EPs when I watched the trailer. It's not a bad concept. I hope the Late Night/Nightlife-like EP is still to come and will feature a working restaurant...

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:05 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

According to this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjvoWZvHpKs

Kids and teens can have social groups too.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:04 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

I agree with you Lola001. on bringing the toddlers back and having some activtily for the teens.teens get bored fast. I am happy for the get together about time they had a new dance, but wish they get back slow dancing for lovers:) and the cars darn it I want a car to drive ,lol

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:49 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
To be honest, I've seen nothing yet to make me interested in this. And I tried. I read an article, watched the trailer and some video with Lyndsey and another lady. Yes, I'm disappointed it's not toddlers or anything family related or what not. But I'd be happy if it was something remotely interesting. Okay so groups. Give us fun places to take them? Like bowling alleys, a restaurant, the movies, etc... The new town or whatever looks cute, I'll give them that. But so far, I'm not interested and I really want to be. :meh:

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

^I totally agree, Kira. If there were more new, fun places for them to go, that would totally make this EP worth buying.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:21 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Kira wrote:
To be honest, I've seen nothing yet to make me interested in this. And I tried. I read an article, watched the trailer and some video with Lyndsey and another lady. Yes, I'm disappointed it's not toddlers or anything family related or what not. But I'd be happy if it was something remotely interesting. Okay so groups. Give us fun places to take them? Like bowling alleys, a restaurant, the movies, etc... The new town or whatever looks cute, I'll give them that. But so far, I'm not interested and I really want to be. :meh:

This is pretty much how I feel.

Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:33 am
Bam Margera's future wife
Bam Margera's future wife

Name: Alyssa
Lola001 wrote:
Here is a link to the news page, including the release trailer.

I will admit that I find the concept interesting. I like the look of the new world and I like having more things for my sims to do. They are really focusing on group interactions, which I like. I played the Sims 3 last week and I was a little disappointed when my sims couldn't multi-task and do a lot of group socializing. I like the idea of having a clique of snobby girls or a group of sports enthusiasts who all kind of act the same way.

That being said, one thing that my friends and I like to do is go out for a meal at a restaurant... that is still missing from the game and I think this would have been a great place to add it. So, while I like what I see, I also feel like a couple of things are still missing. Maybe the release trailer didn't include everything but I think that if restaurants were a part of the EP, they would have mentioned it.

I'll be watching for more info and will probably end up buying this EP.

I feel like this is a wonderful concept idea however I think they should add college if they're introducing more group activities and cliques.
As for the restaurant quote I agree! I would love to bring the hot date aspect back. I'd settle just for the option to eat at a rabbit hole again too though.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:26 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I agree, Alyssah, a playable restaurant is ideal but give us a rabbit hole restaurant at least.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:12 pm
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Here is Lazy Game Reviewer's take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Dvo6GRy10

Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

He sounds pretty positive about it! I've been watching a Let's Play for it and I kinda want it but then it's $40 so idk. Ugh.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Damn, that is a really great review and after hearing more about it and seeing more actual gameplay, it does look like it could be a lot of fun. I really want to create a cult... I'm still going to try to wait for it to come down in price since I don't have a lot of time to play right now but that might change over Christmas...

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:05 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

why I am in no hurry to but sims4 get together, sims3 more fun

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:23 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Sooo I bought it and played it today. And it's actually a lot of fun! I had my sim Scarlett make a group that meets at night clubs where they dance, chat, and eat. And it's pretty fun! I wonder if there's a way for her to own a night club and live there since she's seriously like never home. xD You can make kid oriented groups too so if I settle her down I want to make a kid group. :D Lots of possibilities really.

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Damn Kira, now I might have to break down and buy it as well! :laugh: I haven't played any of my Sims games in over a month and I'm really craving a session... Get Together might be the perfect excuse to spend tonight on the computer. :nod:

Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:03 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Sorry! xD I blame the Let's Play I watched and LGR's review. The club system is actually pretty neat. And it's so easy to use. If you decide you don't like something you picked you can just change things up. I was going to share some pics but I forgot and now I don't have time. D:

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next