View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 First Thoughts On Get To Work: Retail/Franchise 
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Cate
Post First Thoughts On Get To Work: Retail/Franchise
So I spent 3-4 hours making my bakery store, hired an employee, opened the store, and then sat back and waited.

1. My employee just sat around the tables and chatted up the customers when I delegated him to RING UP CUSTOMERS. :mad:
2. I tried to ring up customers by myself and was on a time constraint when 2-3 customers all wanted to buy at once and the start timer gives you roughly 30 secs-1min real time before they start getting upset.
3. By the time you finish ringing a customer out, one leaves the store stomping angrily because you didn't get to them in time.

I think game devs are a little off on the check out time vs the time it takes them to get impatient and leave.

I also had a problem with customer's routing BEHIND the counters where the employee only area is to check out the baked goods on the other side of the counter (yay for poor routing?). I could just download a mod to lock doors so I don't have sims going where they are not allowed. I also had at least 10 customers in the store immediately when it opened and it took them awhile to buy a baked good or 2-3 wanted to buy at the same time.

I've wanted Open For Business to come back since they practically skipped it in the sims 3. The only downside is that there are a few issues. The employee is probably lagging behind/slacking off (not intentionally) because his/her AI dictates to finish a conversation or an action before routing to where he/she is delegated. You cannot control them so they will spend their time in a conversation vs doing what I've told him/her by my sim.

I've also not seen anyone eat a baked good they just bought (though I was hoping they would since I have a bunch of empty tables, but most sit down just to talk).

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]