View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Showtime, what'd you think of it? 
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Post Showtime, what'd you think of it?
Okay so in the Showtime Announced thread I could only find one post of someone saying what they thought of the new expansion so I decided to make a new thread. For those that have bought it, what did you think?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:55 am
Profile WWW
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Post Re: Showtime, what'd you think of it?
It's a lot better than I thought it would be.
So far I've only done the singing profession, but it's definitely one of my favourite careers already. It's a welcome relief having the DJ booth and pool table back, they really fit in with the different kinds of bars that came with Late Night.
There are a couple of things that annoy me though, mainly the fact that early on in the profession you spent most of the time running around town to perform singing telegrams to random sims. You get notified about new sims wanting them and the screen eventually gets plagued with little icons telling you to perform.
The karaoke was a bit misleading as well, in the promos and that Katy Perry video their mouths were in sync with the words, but in the game they blabber away seperate from their singing. It's pretty minor but it still bugs me that it hasn't been changed since TS2.
The new town is a little strange as well. On one hand I love that the team seems to have perfected world building and blending lots with world objects, but on the other it's simply too small. There's basically one main street with the majority of community lots on it and smaller roads branching off it with houses. Considering Starlight Shores is basically a Los Angeles clone, it looks really weird with a Sunset Boulevard-esque main street with deserted areas around it.

I'd recommend it in conjunction with Late Night, they really work great together. I probably wouldn't suggest buying it if you don't own LN, because a lot of the features tend to cross over, for example the Celebrity system. It makes much more sense now you can be a pop star.

One other thing that's been bugging me with the actual world is that the buildings the game plops down from Ambitions aren't as well-thought out as they were in Appaloosa Plains. While AP had a custom salon, junkyard etc. with their own lots in the town, Starlight Shores re-uses the default lots for all of them except the consignment store. And they're not on properly-sized lots.
Oh, and the stadium that came with the Limited Edition / Collectors Edition won't fit anywhere in Starlight Shores, wheras Appaloosa Plains had a lot set aside for the pet store.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 am
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Thanks for your input Draik! (:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
i actually like this EP, it is better than i thought it would be and the objects is really good. i don't have any time to review it but i would give it a 7.5/10 because the Proffesions become boring after a while and the town is a bit small but i love it anyways xD but would still wanted it to be bigger :meh: but anyway xD

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I am actually really enjoying it. I just used the "Young Again" potion on my sim because I spent her entire adult life making her into a Vocal Legend and I wanted her to be able to enjoy making it to the top and let her start a family. I think it will keep me interested for a while too, because I want to try out the other entertainment professions!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Draik: I've noticed that a lot of Audio is out of sync, and the audio for this game actually really sucks. I bet it was recorded to be in sync, definately, expecially with how they do it in studio, but i doubt it hardly ever translates to that. Oh well.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]