View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 The Sims 3: Showtime Announced!!! 
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Post Re: The Sims 3: Showtime Announced!!!
Okay. Not really all that impressed at the moment. So in Late Night they gave us the celebrity system, but left the actual things that would make you a celebrity until Showtime, they gave us a full range of intruments for a band in Late Night but left out singing for Showtime, gave us bars in Late Night but left the basic bar essentials like a karaoke machine and pool table for Showtime...

Of all the possible EP's to expand on, Late Night would be the one I wanted least. Although if EA are going down this weird road, despite everyone crying for seasons, businesses and universities, I'm hoping that they release an expansion on World Adventures because there's potential there that they ruined with all that treasure hunting nonsense.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:33 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Am i the only one happy for this? O.o

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:06 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

No your not Hunter! I'm excited for it, despite what I think about it from a consumer perspective. I'm mainly excited for it because I thought since much of this EP wasn't in LN that we wouldn't see it come in the game, especially singing. I just wanted a microphone thatt worked and a karaoke machine but a profession (which is I think we're all assuming) is more than I could imagine.

I am excited despite how I feel about it. I'm a huge sucker for the singing aspect, miss DJ booths, and the new stuff looks fun too! I wixsh there was like a couple more career tracks though like modelling, comedy & maybe professional dancing. Again, another reason why I'm not thrilled, they *COULD* add more to all their EP's. This one really sounds like it needs more to it. Maybe they will do some changes as time progresses. I honestly feel as though PETS was intended for the Spring release breaking that "pattern" however I think they made some choices during development which made them want more time to work on it and thus why we got Generations. It was GLITCHY as heck, and on top of it wasn't that complex in gameplay whatsoever so I think it was their "throw together" pack last minute hence why we got both trailers simultaneously, not to mention why it took months for Generations to even leak.

I will be devasted if the social options aren't optional. The passport thing does sound interesting in terms of gameplay if a singing superstar is what your looking to be, by sending them on tour and so forth. We'll have to see tho how that works out. I mean, my pets don't have fluff but you want to ship my Sims over the internet? Yikes! Sounds dangerous to me. :wha:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:07 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I wonder if it will be possible to bring your band to stardom in Sims 3 Showtime.

It would be kind of odd if there isn't the ability to become famous with an instrument or with a band also.

It'll be funny too if your sim has the job "Rock Star" but isn't actually famous in terms of the game Showtime. Actually no that wouldn't be funny it would just be sad.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:12 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

hunter wrote:
Am i the only one happy for this? O.o

No i think it looks really promising, im more exited for this than i have most of the EPs this time round.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:32 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

If you are excited for it, I think that's great, but I have no interest in it whatsoever. It's basically Late Night Part Two as far as I'm concerned, and I didn't like that EP very much.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
I came on and think of one thing, will it be just as empty when we perform on stage, as the nightclubs in Late Night? would not surprise me :no:

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
If fame is involved in this game, they might as well just make fame a basegame (patch) feature. It's really nice in Appoloosa plains! However, EVERY FUCKING SIM is a vampire in that town for me. I went around and devamped the shit out. Not entirely, but some sims were just like... really?!

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:46 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

It sounds like a neat concept to be fair, but I haven't even gotten pets yet and I'm not sure if I will (even if it does get reduced in price)

Just not feeling the Sims 3 any more. Felt let down one too many times I think. I still like coming here to see what's going on (and maybe with some hope that there will be some drastic shakeup) but the urge to start up the game itself is completely non existent.

I'll probably re-evaluate my feelings once Sims 4 comes along.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:14 am
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
There was a little more information posted in a topic on the Sims 3 forum:

Spoiler:
Quote:
I’m SimGuruSnelson, aka Sarah Emily Nelson, one of the producers on The Sims 3 Showtime development team. We are very excited to reveal the newest expansion pack this week and have been reading all the activity on the forums. Thank you for all of your comments and questions!

We want to address a few of your questions today, and next week we will follow up with our first in-depth interview with Senior Designer, Aaron Conners. He will delve into more details about the features in The Sims 3 Showtime and answer even more of your questions.

The Sims 3 Showtime provides new careers for your Sims - Singer, Acrobat and Magician. There’s also a fun new skill object, the DJ Booth, which allows your Sims to moonlight as a DJ while your Sim is on their fantastic climb to stardom. You’ll be able to tell all-new stories in the new town of Starlight Shores where your Sims will be able to interact with new neighbors and discover a world full of new houses, objects, venues and custom stages. We are also introducing new social tools and a new achievement system, which you are free to opt in or out of at any time.

One of the new features we’re excited about in The Sims 3 Showtime is the capability of in-game messaging, so that you can communicate with your Simmer friends while you’re playing. If you prefer not to have this connected experience, then it’s easy enough to turn off this messaging.

We’re also adding a new achievement system where players can take on special challenges and as they accomplish each achievement, they will be awarded badges that will be shown off on their new player profile page.

Can you get your Sims to smooch 5 times by Valentine’s Day? Can you get your Sim to sell 50 albums, in the first week of Showtime? Players will have hundreds of achievements to accomplish from day one, but stay tuned as new achievements will be presented to The Sims 3 community even after Showtime is released.

SimPort is another major new connected feature introduced in Showtime. This allows players the ability to send their star Sim performers on tour to perform special shows in their friends’ towns. You can also invite your friends to send their Sims to perform for you. You can customize the stage in your venue with special themed backgrounds, props, lights and special effects before your friend's Sim arrives to make sure their performance is a hit with the other Sims who live in your town.

During the performance you can cheer (or jeer) your friend’s Sim while they perform and even throw stuff on stage—from flowers to rotten lettuce! The last thing you throw will go home with them and end up in their inventory!

SimPort is a complimentary experience that in no way diminishes the stories you can tell about your Sims rise to fame, should you choose not to participate. There are special rewards, however, for those who send their Sims on tour through SimPort, such as unlocking new stage props, backgrounds and costumes to make even more unique stories possible for your Sims. It is Showtime after all!

All of the social tools and associated gameplay is optional. If you want to share your Sims with your friends, that’s great! But, you certainly don’t need to, if it’s just not your thing.

Also, these features are an enhancement and expansion upon many of the online features that you’re likely already using in your The Sims 3 game, such as The Store, Memories, and the Community MyPage. Great care was taken to make sure that the systems are completely secure and adhere to strict privacy and security guidelines. There is no risk that your game will be affected by untested user created content or compromised data that could contain bugs or viruses. Sims who visit your town via SimPort will default to the traits, clothes, and objects that you have locally in your game.

The Sims 3 Showtime is all about performance, with new careers and content that lead players into telling a variety of different stories about their Sims’ rise to fame. The game is loaded with new objects, music, original songs and CAS pieces that give you the options to play in a variety of different ways. You can share those experiences and stories with your friends by posting to their Player Wall, both in-game and on the web, and by sending your Sims to do special performances in their worlds. It’s all up to you!

We want to create new ways for you to play – and play together – but it’s up to you to decide what is the most fun. And remember, you can only share with your friends, and it will be up to you to choose them, and up to you how (or even if) you want to interact with them.

Stay tuned for the designer interview with Aaron Conners next week. Thanks again for keeping the forums active and keep your questions coming. As always, we appreciate your support!

Keep Simming!
SimGuru Snelson

Source

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

so IMO it seems pretty cool. however i do agree, most of these features should have been either introduced in Ambitions, or in Late Night (seems kinda like LN 2.0). either way, its seems like an interesting EP, and i like the fact that theyr making the Social tools optional, but yet if u choose to do the simportal thing, u can get special rewards.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:30 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I think a lot of it sounds interesting. :D But I'd like to hear more about this SimPort and communicating with friends while in game. It could be a lot of fun or it could just be annoying.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
come hither
come hither

I want the dj booth, the pool table, the singing(for the bands in LN), and the pull up bar, but I don't want any of the actual features...
I figure my venues will always be dead bc my game can't hold that many sims on one lot.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Wow...this REALLY would've been perfect if it was included with Late Night EP, but there is no going back now. I'm happy that EA seem to try and make up for what they lacked in the previously released EPs, but it sucks that we have to pay extra for each one to get it.

Overall, based on the trailer, it looks like it's going to be a fun EP, if not, better than Late Night. As usual I buy whatever new EP EA throws out (sorta regretting Generations EP, and I am not a fan of Stuff Packs).

So far I have only two objections - they should've included Ballerinas! LOL But that's just me lol, I certainly enjoyed it in the Sims 2. Also, this social features really sucks!! It also sucks that if you use social features, you unlock new venues and rewards... :mad:

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:48 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

ACHIEVEMENTS! That is awesome. What game today doesn't have achievements, its nice to see The Sims team moving into more modern gaming expectations. That goes the same for the other social aspects, they are in a way expected in modern video games, however are easy to neglect if you wish.

I also think this could help many players who say they have a hard time getting replayability out of TS3, imagine spending hours trying to get an achievement.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:14 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

mitchmacca92 wrote:
ACHIEVEMENTS! That is awesome. What game today doesn't have achievements, its nice to see The Sims team moving into more modern gaming expectations. That goes the same for the other social aspects, they are in a way expected in modern video games, however are easy to neglect if you wish.

Unless of course, if they meant only for Console versions :cry:

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:19 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

chippy wrote:
mitchmacca92 wrote:

Unless of course, if they meant only for Console versions :cry:

I was unaware that Showtime was having a multiplatform release. Wasn't pets released multiplatform?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:30 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Seriously, they mentioned 4 game concepts. 3 careers and an object. Like what the fak. Is this not what Ambitions was for? Is this one sick Ambitions-Late Night lovechild?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:41 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
The more I read about this the more I realise just how obscure a concept it actually is. The only 'theme' we have so far is throwing concerts/shows. How often does that happen in real life?? Can you really see yourself throwing a sim-concert often? Can you even try to imagine something like this happening in Sunset Valley or Riverview?
EA's big selling point here is the social networking side of it, which still seems really stupid. Why would you have an in-game chat system when the person you're talking to is playing a completely different and seperate game?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:10 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I agree with you Draik. The only thing that this could result good in is hinting that The Sims 4 will have social intrlegration. However, at this rate, I don't see that being a good thing.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next