View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What's the most difficult class you ever took? 
Interrupted by Fireworks
Interrupted by Fireworks

Name: Tess
Post What's the most difficult class you ever took?
Trying to get a topic started here lol

So for anyone in college, or former college student, or even high school why not, what was the most difficult class you ever had to take? Did you end up working really hard and passed it? Or did you drop/fail it? Give us some inspiration, or maybe let us know that we aren't alone if you failed something, whatever it'll be :P

The hardest class I ever took was definitely Calculus II...integration by parts, arc lengths, series, BLAH. I actually dropped it :( I was failing it so much that if I were to get 100 on the final [YEAH RIGHT] my overall grade would still be an F lol.

Probably runner up was Organic Chemistry 1 & 2....but I enjoyed studying it a lot which didn't make it so brutal for me, therefore I got a B (orgo 1) and an A (orgo 2).

Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: What's the most difficult class you ever took?
Funny you mention Organic Chemistry... because that's the one for me. I failed it. I also failed a math class that semester too. I was going through stuff and just didn't care one bit. There really was no reason for me to fail the math class, I'd done most of that material before in high school. But Organic Chemistry was tough. Granted I didn't study ever. Since then I've gotten my hand on an organic chemistry book and taught myself the stuff I couldn't get back then just to prove to myself that I could do it.

On a side note, I once took a drug calculations class that was a bunch of conversions or whatever. Math basically. I was freaking out about it. It was an online class. Since I had to rely on myself to read the book and learn the stuff, I actually ended up getting it. For the first time math truly clicked for me. :P

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Hm... I took a programming class in my junior year of high school thinking it might be a neat elective. Big mistake. That class couldn't have made me feel any more stupid and incompetent. I literally understood nothing.

Nothing in college has ever been that hard. I struggled quite a bit with Comp II, but I attest it mainly to personal life issues. When I took it the last time and thankfully was able to take my mind off of said issues for a long enough time, I ended up almost acing the course and getting my research paper as a sample paper for the college Comp II teachers. o.O

The music history courses were tough, too. The music department hated them, but I loved them. Music history is one of the top most interesting courses for me. I ate it up, and even though I didn't do so well on the first test (I bombed it. >.<) I did much better on the later ones and recovered my grade quite a bit. In fact, I'd say I have to have aced the very last one to have gotten my grade up to the point that it got up to, and those tests were fill in the blanks, and music samples, so it was no easy task! Perhaps a little easier for me since I love classical music and listen to it just for fun.

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:25 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I think the computer programming class I took in college was the most difficult. I did okay and I mostly understood what I was supposed to do but I wasn't interested enough in it to really care or try to understand it more. Plus it was really frustrating when I thought I had written the code right only to have the program not work.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Try Applied physics with AP algorithms. It's gg. Programming was easy for me because I learned BASIC then moved to HTML to get the structure. Programing is really BIG right now because you can come up an ideal and program it yourself and make money quick. IE: Steven Jobs, Bill Gates, WIll, DIllian Nersh, Code.org But take AP RUN>>>>>>>>>>>>LASER<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< you

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Andrew
This is probably going to sound odd but the hardest class I ever took was probably Drawing in High School lol. I'm NOT an artistic person at all, my hands are weird and I cant really write straight, I especially can't draw well. I would spend hours every day after school working on the projects because I'm such a perfectionist and such a bad drawer. I passed the class with a C since she saw I worked on it a lot, but they never came out well since I'm awful at drawing lol.

So far in college the most difficult course I've taken was personal finance. It wasn't really too tough but it's been the hardest class I've taken in my first year.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Both Macro and Micro-economics were the death of me. I had a really hard time grasping the concepts that the teacher made seem really easy! I just had professors I had trouble learning from.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]