View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 29, 2015 9:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Favorite Apps 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Post Favorite Apps
Do you have a favorite app for your Smart Phone or tablet? Share it!

I am currently loving an app called "Happier" for iPhone, iPod, and iPad. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/happier/id499033500?mt=8

It is basically a gratitude journal of sorts and it encourages users to post at least 3 things that made them happier that day. You can choose if a post is private, share it with friends, or make it public. You browse other people's happy moments and send them a smile and you can follow people and see all of their happy moments.

I really love this app because it helps me to see the good in every day, even when I'm having a bad day. I challenge myself to find three things every day that make me smile and it totally helps to pull me out of a bad-day funk. Instead of thinking "This day completely sucks" I think "It's wasn't all bad - my kitties did something cute and the sun was shining".

It doesn't look like it's available for Android but I didn't look that hard. :wink:

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:39 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: Favorite Apps
Aww that app sounds cool! But yeah didn't see it for Android. :l

Unfornately, I have a stupid phone. haha And my two favorite apps for my Kindle are just Goodreads (which I <3) and Facebook. I do have Angry Birds, Where's my water?, and other games but I tend to get bored of them quick.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
I don't have much on my phone because its a Windows phone and there isn't much for it. I do have MyFitnessPal (I need to use this more), Onenote (its great for shopping lists), Weather (just for fun), and Battery (which seems to be somewhat unreliable but its better than not having any kind of indicator). I got an app called easyRing for making ringtones, though I miss the freedom of Ringdroid that I had on my Android phone. I don't have any games because they all seemed to cost money. Even games that I used to be able to get for free on my Android like Angry Birds and Words with Friends.

On my tablet however I have a lot more apps. My favorites would have to be Netflix (it costs money but I don't have television), Kindle (I want to start using this more), YouTube, and Pandora. I have a ton of games but I'm not really into playing games on my tablet. I recently got one I enjoy called Blendoku though. Tablet games seem to be only for when you are really bored heh. I much rather play something more involved on my computer.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I also have MyFitnessPal... and I also need to use it more! Netflix is awesome, I subscribe as well and it's nice to be able to watch it pretty much anywhere on my phone or iPad.

I use Wunderlist for making lists of all kinds and I just recently started using Brain Exercise to keep my brain functioning. :smile:

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:21 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

My favorite Apps are

-WhatsApp
-Line
-Pandora
-Opera Mini
-Google Maps

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:17 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Now that I have an iPhone I can probably reply to this properly. xD

My favorites that I can't do without are Evernote, Afterlight, and Words Free. Words Free is for my addiction to Words With Friends. And Evernote is awesome. I like how easy it is to make lists for stuff (like to-do lists or to-buy lists) and it even syncs to your computer program of Evernote. And both of those apps are free.

Afterlight is a paid app. I'm pretty sure I paid $1.99 for it. But it was soooo worth it! It easily edits pictures with cool filters and stuff like that. Love love!

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:07 am
Profile WWW
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

I still find it way uncool that Words With Friends is not free if you have a Windows phone. |:

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I watch a lot of TV and my friend found an app called iTV a little while ago. You can add the shows you watch to your list and it will list all of the seasons and episodes and tell you when the next episode is on. You can mark the ones you have watched and keep track and it will show the status, if it is To Be Announced or Ended, things like that. I really like it and it's FREE! :smile:

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:25 pm
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

I discovered OverDrive which lets me borrow audiobooks from my library and then listen to them on my phone.

Wed May 27, 2015 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]