View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 5066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218 ... 254  Next
 Current Thoughts 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Post Re: Current Thoughts
this board is so dying.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:02 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
hunter wrote:
this board is so dying.

*clutches heart as if I've been stabbed"

NEVER!

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:04 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: mike
when someone who joined in 2009 says it's dying, it's probably true.

i don't even know what that implies, but it sounded kinda wise. or something.

i don't want to do homework.

why don't i use capital letters anymore?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

cause capital letters are an unnecessary keystroke.

i also hate homework.

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:54 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
It is dying, because the Sims series is dying. And because not a lot of people in this board are really Sims-crazy anymore, hell, I'm one example, I used to love Sims and play it all day, but now I haven't the time as I'm involved in a lot more things.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:06 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
BRANDERS*honey
BRANDERS*honey

Name: usexy
I don't even use proper grammar/typing when I type on most casual settings nowadays

I feel like it ruins the tone of my mental voice

which must be greatly emphasized

if I type formally then I'll feel all smart and mature.... which I am most definitely not

PRIMADONNA GIRL

ALL I EVER WANTED WAS THE WORLD

I CANT HELP THAT I NEEEEED It aLL

the primadonna lyf the rize and fallllllll

Marina has some lulzy roots

boobs are weird

if you cant handle that then DONT respond 2 me. u do u, i do myself, & it feels GOOD~*~
sorry im cute sorry if ur jealous. im fab im, me, all my pictures of myself look the same. hit me up!!!
la disko-tech fighting forever!
You unsexy! Stop talk to me! I SLAP YOU!
---

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:09 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Maybe... we should rename the forum XD ?
No.

I guess we're all just here being grumpy about a dying game. But I'm having a good time.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:52 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
I switch typing styles multiple times during a conversation. Anyone who's spoken to me lately on Facebook or something will probably notice. I think typing properly actually mimics my speaking style because of my accent. I recorded a clip of me reading out an article on BBC News:
Spoiler:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vNYw2I2X8K

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:37 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I've been so busy with all things school... looking forward to playing Sims over break... possibly..

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:28 pm
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Vanille wrote:
It is dying, because the Sims series is dying. And because not a lot of people in this board are really Sims-crazy anymore, hell, I'm one example, I used to love Sims and play it all day, but now I haven't the time as I'm involved in a lot more things.

I think also that people just don't use forums like they used to.. Facebook has taken over everything. ):

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
I think it's dying because us as a forum aren't playing the game much more anymore. Not that the series itself is dying. there are like 1000000 members posting on the official forums. I used to check this site like every day. Now i'm lucky if i post once a week or so. People probably forgotten me before i'm properly gone 3:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:11 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Charlie wrote:
I think it's dying because us as a forum aren't playing the game much more anymore. Not that the series itself is dying. there are like 1000000 members posting on the official forums. I used to check this site like every day. Now i'm lucky if i post once a week or so. People probably forgotten me before i'm properly gone 3:

But the majority of the people who are still big fans of the Sims and on the official forums and pages feel like Justin Beiber fans or something to me. They're all like, 13, and type like they're shrieking and whining. :stare:

But I'm grouchy and cynical so I probably shouldn't say anything :ton:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:02 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: mike
hey brandi, i had a long conversation with my friend from kansas city about you!!!!!!!!!!!
and by long, i mean it was like 3 facebook messages.
anywayz....

i remember when forums were the main social force of the internet. now we all have facebook, and forums are pretty old-fashioned—not to mention unwieldy. forums that are mostly social are losing out to ~social networks~. i just wanna find all my old internet friends on facebook and stalk them mercilessly. i'm ok with the heat death of the forum lifestyle.

back to """current thoughts""": why do i smoke so much even when i have homework due? this is getting absurd

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 pm
BRANDERS*honey
BRANDERS*honey

Name: usexy
Mackenzie? xP I thought she was from the same place I was from... I dunno how she could go to a school in my district if she lived all the way in the city... that's like a 30-40 min drive

I have a video of me and my cousins dancing with her sister to Gee by SNSD in the local Japanese language contest...
now I feel kinda bad though 'cause she apparently had ~drama~ with my friends and wouldn't stop dancing and told other people they sucked so idk my class did not like her very much.

most of my college friends and cousins know her 'cause they went to her school. the connections are so crey

I used to have internet friends from asianavenue when I was 9 and I miss them sometimes sflhkgkh
I used to go on the chatroom for the band Gorillaz and pretend I was a 18 year old Japanese girl named Trudy Shiranui

if you cant handle that then DONT respond 2 me. u do u, i do myself, & it feels GOOD~*~
sorry im cute sorry if ur jealous. im fab im, me, all my pictures of myself look the same. hit me up!!!
la disko-tech fighting forever!
You unsexy! Stop talk to me! I SLAP YOU!
---

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:38 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
So I just found out (via Facebook) that the 'boob reduction girl' I had a little rant about a couple of weeks ago has a date booked for her operation... and for some weird reason she can claim it on Medicare and basically get it done for free.
I totally don't mean to sound like some right-wing nutjob - I'm all for taxes going to pay teachers' salaries and save disadvantaged kids lives in hospital, but it's a little disheartening to find out the taxes that I'm now paying from the job and the year off I had to take to pay for university is going towards boob surgery for 17 year old girls.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:36 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
SilverShadow391 wrote:
But the majority of the people who are still big fans of the Sims and on the official forums and pages feel like Justin Beiber fans or something to me. They're all like, 13, and type like they're shrieking and whining. :stare:

miketaba wrote:
...and forums are pretty old-fashioned—not to mention unwieldy. forums that are mostly social are losing out to ~social networks~.]

Your points both make sense together ^.^ People are leaving this forum but the "newer" generation of simmers (if you can call it that at 18yrs...) aren't coming into this forum. So people are leaving but aren't being replenished.... thus the smaller amount of members I guess...

My current thought is how can i motivate myself to do my college work? :l I really do need this A to get into university or I'm doomed...

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:42 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
Good luck! You don't want to miss that A and not get into your Firm (or Insurance). I had to go through Clearing because my missed grade cost me BOTH of my choices (I needed to get an A for my firm and a B for my insurance but I got a C).

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:15 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

So... Snooty Sims is like a population pyramid of Japan?
O.o

That's not good.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:53 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Today is taking soooooooo long to end!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Lola001 wrote:
Today is taking soooooooo long to end!

I was having this problem too.. I spent my entire shift on the express lane. |:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218 ... 254  Next