View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 360  Next
 Highlight of your day? 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Pinocchio
Roleplay: Your wildest fantasy
Post Re: Highlight of your day?
SLEEPING IN MY OWN BED. I love living away from home but nothing beats my mattress.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

It's snowing again! :D

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:46 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
hunter wrote:
No offence to all you american folk, but I seriously laugh when i flip to an american news channel and it has videos of people flying into each other because of an inch of snow. Lol. Guess you guys down south arent exactly used to snow right? Wel we get it, but we get chinooks a lot in jan/feb. So the snow melts and the temp. raises to about 5C usually.

Personally, i'm very used to it. But this year we got a lot, and some people in the south aren't used to snow. I used to live in the Northeast, so we got a lot of snow. I love how the people in the central east (Jersey) FREAK OUT when theres snow. It's so funny :D

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:33 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Joel
Roleplay: Savannah A.
Swatme101 wrote:
hunter wrote:
No offence to all you american folk, but I seriously laugh when i flip to an american news channel and it has videos of people flying into each other because of an inch of snow. Lol. Guess you guys down south arent exactly used to snow right? Wel we get it, but we get chinooks a lot in jan/feb. So the snow melts and the temp. raises to about 5C usually.

Personally, i'm very used to it. But this year we got a lot, and some people in the south aren't used to snow. I used to live in the Northeast, so we got a lot of snow. I love how the people in the central east (Jersey) FREAK OUT when theres snow. It's so funny :D

I have to disagree Swat. I think New Jersey is prepared for snow but not a lot of it (like 1-4 inches) . And the past two years we have been bombarded with snow and NJ isn't used to having storm after storm after storm. Plus we don't have a lot of money in the snow budget. The south aint used to the cold unusually and yesterday El Passo ,Texas was colder than Anchorage, Alaska! :huh:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:22 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
My den looks so clean and cozy now that it's de-cluttered and staged!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I got 3 Stephanie Plum books for $4 at the flea market. :D

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Hanging out with one of my best friends at the pub, watching UFC. I'm going to miss him so much when I move!

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 am
Celestial
Celestial

My niece said her first word. I can't wait to see her. She's only 5 1/2 months old and can say 'dada'.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:26 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Chocolate covered coffee beans. Yum.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:03 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
The most annoying, bitchy girl I know got pulled over outside our school this morning for speeding in a school zone... and she lost her license. :XD:
Best part was that 5 or 6 guys drove past and saw her, apparently she had broken down into tears and was collapsed on the grass sobbing into her phone. Needless to say it was all over facebook by the time school started. :laugh:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:26 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

hunter wrote:

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Well, guess what? A county very close to mine just got 30 inches with this last storm. I live in the South US.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:26 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Ðгคเк wrote:
The most annoying, bitchy girl I know got pulled over outside our school this morning for speeding in a school zone... and she lost her license. :XD:
Best part was that 5 or 6 guys drove past and saw her, apparently she had broken down into tears and was collapsed on the grass sobbing into her phone. Needless to say it was all over facebook by the time school started. :laugh:

Zooomg.. that is freaking epic. Serves her well, that'll teach her.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:50 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Hm. Well I got to take a guy's nasogastric tube out. You know, those long skinny tubes they stick down people's nostrils. Yeah, I took that out. It has some blood and lots of snot on it. I actually thought I'd puke after it was out and I was holding it. XD

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Celestial
Celestial

A visit from my niece! She loves to talk and can sit by herself.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

It's Thursday, which means it's my last day of work before my day off!

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Two highlights for today (the first one may seem a bit odd)

It got down to -21 degrees Fahrenheit. Why would that be a highlight? Because I'm a weather nerd, more specifically a cold weather nerd. Living in the South, this just doesn't happen. This doesn't happen ever. I had been led to believe that seeing such temperatures would never happen in my lifetime, possibly not ever until a radical climate change, but then BAM! this radically cold High places over us and brings that temperature (-31 for one county a little North of here).

It's incredible - a once in a lifetime experience. Along with the blizzard and the massive snow storm a few days after that. This winter shattered records left and right, and it did so in the matter of 10 days. Moreover, all of those different type records were broken in one winter, and also nearly one week. That's just unbelievable.

Probably hard to believe that I'm a Music Major, right? Despite all of the enthusiasm here, Meteorology just wasn't my thing. Lol. I am no good at science.

Well, to kind of contradict that, my Biology exam that got pushed back a full week turned out okay and I made a B on it. This is very exciting for me because I was feeling rather dumb early on in the class. However, I studied it and it started really "click" for me. I didn't study enough, but we can worry about that with further tests.

Probably the best part was that I learned that it wasn't curved, and that was my actual grade.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:49 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Radiant wrote:
Two highlights for today (the first one may seem a bit odd)

It got down to -21 degrees Fahrenheit. Why would that be a highlight? Because I'm a weather nerd, more specifically a cold weather nerd. Living in the South, this just doesn't happen. This doesn't happen ever. I had been led to believe that seeing such temperatures would never happen in my lifetime, possibly not ever until a radical climate change, but then BAM! this radically cold High places over us and brings that temperature (-31 for one county a little North of here).

Yup, that's cold! I expect -30 degrees Celsius in Canada and I'm prepared for it, I can't imagine it someplace in the South that doesn't usually get cold like that! I'm glad you could enjoy it though, lol. I could do without it, especially after 4 months. :wink:

Technically it's a new day so my highlight is staying up late watching tv on the night before my one-day weekend. :smile:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:12 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
It's starting to get colder... I'm sick of this 40 degree heat. :stare:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:55 am
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
Well first: OOH THERE AIN'T NO OTHER WAY, BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY.

And it lived up to my expectations. ;D

THEN. I shouldn't really sayyy, but I will say the event got me nearly vomiting with joy. xD

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
AHHH!!!! After multiple years of trying, i think i finally found a best friend thats awesome. I've been friends with this girl for a while, and we have SO much in common and she just told me something personal and im just like so happy she trusts me and she said shes wanted to tell me for months and i havent had a good experience with friends for a long time and just knowing i have a friend like this makes me so happy I want to cry

..seriously you have no idea how long ive been trying to make friends in high school

Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 7194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 360  Next