View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Need a little advice? 
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Need a little advice?
So I'm planning this girls night out with some people. We've worked out June 12th. Basically it's a group of us who all worked together in the same store for roughly two years. But there's one glaring omission: our store manager. There are six of us excluding our store manager and including me. Two of the girls I know have no problem at all with our store manager. But the other three.. well yeah, there's some bitterness and stuff towards her. Even I would feel awkward considering some stuff going on between me and her but I'd probably get over it. I feel bad if I don't invite her. I know she'll find out about this night and I don't want to hurt her feelings. On the other hand, I don't want half the girls going to feel uncomfortable or to drop out. I don't even know if she'd go if we invited her because we're probably going to be drinking and we're all in our 20's (except one is in her 30's) and she's in her 50's.

Basically, do I invite her or not?

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Fri May 15, 2015 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Post Re: Need a little advice?
That is a tough situation. I don't think you are obligated to invite the manager, especially since some of the girls don't have a good relationship with her. It is a friendly girls night, not a work function so I don't think you have to feel bad or feel like you are leaving her out if you don't invite the manager. Like you said, there is a pretty big age difference so she might not want to go anyway. If she does find out, hopefully she will understand and won't make it awkward. You didn't start out with the specific goal of setting up an event to leave her out of; it's just you and some friends planning on getting together. I don't think you should be obligated to invite anyone else.

It sounds like fun though, I hope you have a good time!

Wed May 20, 2015 1:13 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: Need a little advice?
Yeah I'm hoping she won't make it awkward. In the past when she's found out some us were going out she made it awkward. But you're right, I shouldn't feel obligated to invite her. I think my only thing now is that one of the girls (maybe two but definitely one) has to request to her not to work that night. And she'll want to know why. I'm tempted to tell the girl to just straight out tell her because if she hedges around it our store manager will be suspicious. Maybe I'd feel better if I weren't the one in charge of planning this. Originally this was a joint idea between me and one of the girls but I got the ball rolling on getting everyone on board so it ended up being me in charge. :P

I hope it'll be fun too! Thanks. :D

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu May 21, 2015 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]