View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 A Dying Breed 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post A Dying Breed
There was a time when message boards were the primary form of communication, but now the focus seemed to have shifted toward social media. This is a shame because with message boards there was a layer of anonymity that I am beginning to suspect lead to greater discussions. If the Internet were nothing but names then people would feel less reluctant to engage in further conversation or just go all out with their identity politics thinking their opinions and beliefs are the sole ones in the world. While anonymity of message boards had trolls and arguments as are Internet staples. The more focus was on the post and not the person. Reddit is a haven of horrible people. 4chan is a haven for horrible people on their opposite end. Facebook is narcissistic. This is how the Internet ends. Total warfare.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 am
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
Post Re: A Dying Breed
I'm actually pretty sad that forums have really died out.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Riley
I miss snooty sims so much! And the people that used to post here ~10 years ago! Most haven't logged on in years :(

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:05 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I miss forums too. Definitely miss that anonymity too. Everyone knows you on Facebook, Instagram, etc... you can't be someone different or rather completely be yourself because everyone is watching and everyone knows you. I don't know if that make sense. But man, I had a lot of fun on forums.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Your Ghost
Your Ghost

Roleplay: Edwin Morelli
^ Me too.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Riley
Hi Shadow! I think I remember you from 10 years ago :laugh: It's sad how most people that posted here in 2008/09 are no longer here...:(

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:52 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Hello you guys!! I wasn't that big of a poster round these parts (this is my 100th post :dance2: ), but I was a huge lurker and was really into this place during the lead up of the Sims 3 and damn, it brings back just so much nostalgia coming back here.

I may not have been the best poster (most of it was trolling/shit posting on my part), but I loved this site because it gave me an escape when I was in middle school and I really appreciate you guys for the many discussions, the few that remain.

I've been on different forums, mostly a Kanye West fan forum (it sounds weird, but then again this is a site dedicated to the Sims lmao, we're amazingly weird), but this place was my first and will always have a place in my heart.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:13 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I remember a time just before the Sims 3 came out... I had recently become a moderator and I could hardly keep up with all of the new posts and replies on the forum! And now it's been months since I last logged in, I kinda forgot about the forum for a while. I miss it, too. Reddit is probably the most similar, as far as social media goes, but there are a lot of awful people on there and it just isn't the same. :sad:

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:50 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
^ I know what you mean about barely keeping up. It's wild to think this place used to be SO crazy and active! Back when we used to have a full moderator staff and actual problems. And trolls. And I'd get angry PMs about threads or have to break up fights. Back when the Mare's Nest used to write things about me. God it was amazing. If I could only go back to the forum when it was all in full swing before Sims 2 released. Those were the days. It was so exciting to see the new stuff about the game and talk to people about the game and what we hoped it would be. Ahhh!

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]