View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sunset Valley 9.0 
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Post Sunset Valley 9.0
Hola, peeps!
Recently I've been working on 'fixing' up Sunset Valley to accommodate the large amounts of Expansion Packs that EA has been regurgitating into DVD cases and selling at $40 a pop.

Sunset Valley would have to be my absolute favourite world for TS3 so far, because it manages to mix a whole bunch of different elements together, like the beach houses, the center of town and the smaller suburbs to the north, rather than picking one 'theme' and running with it, like they've been doing with places like Appaloosa Plains and Starlight Shores, but with all these extra lots and venues being released, Sunset Valley is nigh-impossible to play anymore because you're missing out on like 70% of the game's content.

ANYWHOO, I've basically been re-arranging lots, extending roads and shifting trees and such to fit in each of the lots included with the expansion packs, as well as some room for future venues!
I'm also planning on adding in all of the expansion-specific gem, metal and insect spawners as well, so you can actually have a full collection!

So far I have created the following expansion-specific lots for the town -
Spoiler:
World Adventures - Tomb (Built underneath the pre-existing graveyard)

Ambitions - Consignment Store (where the old day spa used to be)
Ambitions - Fire Station (where the police station used to be)
Ambitions - Salon (on the corner between the Town Hall and the Fire Station)

Late Night - Dance Club (Built where the Recurve Strand used to be - called Aquarius)

Generations - Playgrounds (Various places, mostly done-up the old playgrounds with new equipment)

Pets - Equestrian Centre (Built where the old Military Base used to be)
Pets - Horse Ranch (Built behind the Equestrian Center - where the extremely out-of-place space shuttle used to be)
Pets - Pet Store (Built where the Bistro used to be)

I've still got the following places to go:

Spoiler:
World Adventures - Hidden Tomb (Underneath Sim Henge)

Ambitions - Laundromat (Probably where the Diner used to be - I'll be able to get rid of that useless park area and fit another lot in there)
Ambitions - Junkyard (Probably on the corner between the stretches of road the lead to the waterfall and the equestrian centre)
Ambitions - Workshop (Behind the Art Gallery? Filled with sculpting/inventing tables and the like)

Late Night - Dive Bar (Probably to the left of that apartment/pool complex thing with the Roomies and Working Friends households in them)
Late Night - Cocktail Bar (Probably where the Criminal Hideout is - I'll fix up that stretch of road as well)
Late Night - Apartment (Probably on the stretch of road mentioned above... definitely one of the smaller, rectangular apartments as opposed to the tall square ones)

Generations - Science Lab (add-on to the Science Facility, probably underground. Filled with Chemistry Sets, etc.)
Pets - Cat Park (Built near the Horse Ranch)
Pets - Dog Park (Built near the Horse Ranch - that whole crater area has been done up for pets, with horses in mind)

Showtime - Coffee House (Replace the Diner)
Showtime - Live Show Venue (Probably on the road leading to the Stadium - a park with a stage)
Showtime - Private Venue (Near the Cocktail Bar and the Apartment)
Showtime - Big Show (Built into the Stadium)
Showtime - Performance Club (a Karaoke club, probably by the beach)

Have some pictures!
Spoiler:
The updated world so far... I've had to squeeze a ton of buildings into the central downtown district though.

New Town Hall, one of the lots with 3 venues in it to save some space. I had to change the overall colour 'theme' of the area from white to red to make the building fit in.

Consignment Store, hopefully it will fit in next to that apartment complex thing.

New playground next to the school, with Generations play equipment.

A closer look at the updated Central Park. I added in those branches off the bridge because I've always thought it looked weird with the bricks just ending.

The new Fire Station and Salon! The station's completely new, but the salon is just a modified version of the default one.

Unfinished new strip thing, featuring a bookstore, day spa, theatre, grocery story and bistro.

The pet store, which will probably be recoloured to fit in with the rest of the town.

Club Aquarius, on the Recurve Strand. The club's all underground, and the exerior is just done up to look like a beach shack. Lots of aquariums, blue lights and, well, an interesting concept.

New Horse Ranch, with an enormous training area, a grandstand and a country fair-y thing with a buffet table.

The crater area, which is now completely devoid of that military stuff. Seriously, what kind of small town has a space shuttle? It'll eventually be filled with stuff from Pets, mostly horse-related.

Anywhoo, I'll be uploading it to the exchange when it's done, which shouldn't take too long. Completely devoid of CC, to fit in with the theme, but it'll require all expansion packs (obviously).

Last edited by Draik on Fri May 10, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:26 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: The Sunset Valley Rejuvination Program
This is like my dream come true!
Sunset valley is by far my fave to play too, I've done a bit of shuffling like this myself but I normally get bored of it :l

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:13 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
This I gusta mucho!!! Kinda reminds me of when I edited the shit out of Crescent Cove to accomodate EPs / the legacy I was doing... I miss that... *sim-deprived* Offtopic: Damn you AP classes, 4 projects, and musical!!!! I AM FINALLY FREE!

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:39 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
Swatme101 wrote:
This I gusta mucho!!! Kinda reminds me of when I edited the shit out of Crescent Cove to accomodate EPs / the legacy I was doing... I miss that... *sim-deprived* Offtopic: Damn you AP classes, 4 projects, and musical!!!! I AM FINALLY FREE!

I take it that's why you have been offline recently? (at least Im pretty sure you've been absent.)

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:52 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

SilverShadow391 wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

I take it that's why you have been offline recently? (at least Im pretty sure you've been absent.)

Yes Yes. I'll be back though! Starting now :D Installing sims as we speak (reworked computer, etc)

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:06 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

I've done a couple of new buildings, as well as modified that road leading to the Criminal Hideout to fit some of the shell buildings that came with Late Night.

Spoiler:
Updated diner, I re-created the whole thing on a smaller lot to fit a laundromat in there next to it.

There's also a small Coffeehouse stage behind it, where the dumpsters used to be.

The Laundromat, located where the park area next to the diner used to be. This is actually the pre-made Laundromat lot that came with Town Life, but I've replaced all of the TL items with Ambitions ones.

The Business career location's been swapped with the two-for-one rabbithole that came with Late Night - so there's a restaurant and seating area where those benches used to be.

The Criminal Hideout's been moved and that road's all straightened out now. There's an exclusive lounge there at the end, and an apartment on the left.
The Lounge is a little big, I may have to replace it with a smaller shell.

Anywhoo, everything's coming along pretty quickly, so this all should be finished within a couple of weeks. :yeah:

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:01 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Okie dokie, I've imported what I've done so far into the game to check for bugs / routing failures, etc. so time for an updated checklist!

Spoiler:
World Adventures - Tomb (Built underneath the pre-existing graveyard)
World Adventures - Hidden Tomb (Underneath Sim Henge)

Ambitions - Laundromat (Probably where the Diner used to be - I'll be able to get rid of that useless park area and fit another lot in there)

Ambitions - Junkyard (Probably on the corner between the stretches of road the lead to the waterfall and the equestrian centre)
Ambitions - Consignment Store (where the old day spa used to be)
Ambitions - Fire Station (where the police station used to be)
Ambitions - Salon (on the corner between the Town Hall and the Fire Station)

Ambitions - Workshop (Behind the Art Gallery? Filled with sculpting/inventing tables and the like)

Late Night - Dive Bar (Probably to the left of that apartment/pool complex thing with the Roomies and Working Friends households in them)
Late Night - Cocktail Bar (Probably where the Criminal Hideout is - I'll fix up that stretch of road as well)
Late Night - Dance Club (Built where the Recurve Strand used to be - called Aquarius)

Late Night - Apartment (Probably on the stretch of road mentioned above... definitely one of the smaller, rectangular apartments as opposed to the tall square ones)
Late Night - Film Studio

Generations - Science Lab (add-on to the Science Facility, probably underground. Filled with Chemistry Sets, etc.)
Generations - Playgrounds (Various places, mostly done-up the old playgrounds with new equipment)

Pets - Cat Park (Built near the Horse Ranch)
Pets - Dog Park (Built near the Horse Ranch - that whole crater area has been done up for pets, with horses in mind)
Pets - Equestrian Centre (Built where the old Military Base used to be)
Pets - Horse Ranch (Built behind the Equestrian Center - where the extremely out-of-place space shuttle used to be)
Pets - Pet Store (Built where the Bistro used to be)

Showtime - Coffee House (Replace the Diner)
Showtime - Live Show Venue (Probably on the road leading to the Stadium - a park with a stage)
Showtime - Private Venue (Near the Cocktail Bar and the Apartment)
Showtime - Big Show (Built into the Stadium)

Showtime - Performance Club (a Karaoke club, probably by the beach)

Wow, I'm almost done!
Apart from the 3 or 4 lots left to build/place, I still have to tidy up the old area where all the military stuff was, which I've nicknamed 'the crater'. The Crater's now filled with performance/celebrity-related lots - the film backlot, the stadium and the 'Big Show'. The equestrian centre and horse ranch have been moved to where the Stadium used to be.
Basically, all I have to do in the Crater is to fix up the terrain painting, resculpt it a little bit to get rid of the huge flat land behind the Big Show and modernise it a bit with some billboards and signs. I still have to find a new place for the Criminal career location

Spoiler:
Nothing fancy, just an edited version of the dive bar that came with Pets, to fit in with the buildings around it. It's also been de-cowboyised inside.

The Science Facility Dome now holds some of the new spawners from various expansion packs.

There was a perfectly sized lot already located in the town for the open venue, it's sort of on a hill near the Crumpebottom house.

Equestrian Centre and Horse Ranch's new locations.

The Pet Store's had a repaint and re-fitting to suit Sunset Valley.

The Dog and Cat Parks, located behind the Theatre lot. At the moment they're just using the default lots that came in the lots bin, but I'll edit them a bit to work better in the neighbourhood. That God-awful house thing in the cat park is definitely going.

Updated playground in the Central Park.

As well as a proper bridge over the lake thing. It's always bothered me that the bridge was obviously fake.

Another view of the new 'highrise region'.

And the interior of the Cocktail Bar, featuring a stage for Showtime singers.

Top floor of the Cocktail Bar.

Interior of the Apartment.

Underneath the Science Facility, there's a strange-looking lab filled with... secret stuff. Good luck finding the entrance!

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:49 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

It all great!
I don't know how much tampering you're doing with actual terrain and stuff but next to the dog/cat park is pretty much a cliff (which wasn't so much of an issue when there weren't lots there), in my opinion I'd smooth that out a touch, just constructive critisicm, not telling you how to do it or anything!

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:17 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I will definitely download this when it's ready!!

p.s: YOU ROCK!!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Draik, that looks awesome!! You're doing exactly what I'm too lazy to do, lol. Love it!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Looks great! Any way that all the bugs in the neighborhood will be fixed aswell? Perhaps a killing and respawing of all sims...?

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

I dunno what killing them all and respawning them might actually do to the sims. For whatever reason, ghost sims / sims that are dead are actually somewhat alive in CaW - they're randomly spread out on different empty lots in the world file but when I run Edit in Game they're dead again, so I'd rather not risk accidentally wiping out the entire town. Packaging the households with their house, deleting the lot and putting it back in from the housing bin might kill off some bugs though, although I don't know how that will affect relationships and such.

ANYWAY, the world's almost finished! There's just a bit of terrain editing to do around the new 'Showtime district', a new spot for the criminal rabbit hole needs to be found, some bug testing and it's good to go!
Here's some screenies of the updates world from map view:
Spoiler:
As you can see, I've straightened out that stretch of road that used to lead to the Criminal rabbit hole and added in an apartment and a poolside club which doubles as a Showtime venue. There's also a Consignment Store and a Local Watering Hole either side of those blue-roofed houses on the left side of town, the diner's been resized and a laundromat put in next to it, a pet store and salon at either end of the right-hand side of town, fire station replacing the police station which is now incorporated into the town hall along with the military base, Business rabbit hole replaced with the one from Late Night which includes a cafe, the strip of rabbit holes at the bottom end of town has been re-arranged to include a bookstore/day spa double venue, the central park's been recoloured to match the new Town Hall AAAAAND there's a Dog Park and Cat Jungle below the pool and grocery store.

Over here, the military base and that whole space shuttle thing has been removed to make room for some of the larger venues. The Stadium's been moved over here and an Equestrian Centre and Horse Park Thingy have been put in its place. The Film Backlot and Large Venue are also in the new area, as well as a large Plaza-type hangout area and a smaller one below it. The Junkyard's also been put near the entrance to the new area (I honestly have no idea what to call it).

I did a small world test to check the new lots for bugs and everything seems pretty okay at the moment. Of course, I had to document it all and then do a write-up about the test.
I felt it was appropriate to use some familiar faces throughout the bug test.
Remember these guys?
Spoiler:
WE'RE BACK, BITCHES!
REMEMBER US??
WE ALLEVIATED YOUR PRE-TS3 BOREDOM AND THEN YOU THREW US ASIDE AND FORGOT ABOUT US.
But we forgive you.

Rendy gets straight down to business and starts to woo her one true love (fuck you Delmar and Nigel).
I BOUGHT YOU FLOWERS HONEYBUNCH.
THANKS SUGAR BEE!
WHY ARE WE YELLING??

...and then the money-hungry parent company ran the beloved game series into the ground!
THE HORROR, THE HORROR!

The gang's first stop is the updated Central Park, to test out the new bridge and check to see if everything's working as it should.

I looked away for a second only to see this terrifying creature crawl across the screen.

Don't worry Hank, I'd be scared too if I saw that shrivelled old crone creeping up behind me.

Remember this honey bunch? Where we first met!
If I remember correctly, I was disgusted by you at first.
You eventually succumbed to my Sky Gazing-ness, LIKE THEY ALL DID.

As night falls on the first day, Candy Cane decides to go out and feed the foal in her lingerie...
Who's a good little pony, you are, yes you are! I'm so alone...

...while Rendy and Sky Gazer take care of business. Does he ever take off that hat?
No.

As Day 2 dawns, the horse (I honestly can't remember its name... let's just call it NVM because it's the only other time I've seen Candy this excited) ages up into an adult.

And she immediately takes NVM out to the Horse Ranch.
That seems like an awfully excessive amount of seats in that grandstand.
Quiet, you.

Day 2 seems to be all about pets, so Sky Gazer took the puppy out to the Dog Park. It was really rather boring. I honestly don't know why I'm including this picture.

Rendy takes the kitten to the other side of the street, where the Cat Jungle awaits. It's substantially less-boring than the Dog Park.

A quick trip to the Consignment Store ends in Rendy getting her baby bump. Oh lord, what have I done?
There's a bit of terrain failure up in the top right corner of the lot, looks like my first bug!

This seems like a very strenuous activity for a knocked up woman...

I appear to have forgotten to send Rendy to the Fire Station and Salon, so Rarity will step in from an earlier bug test.

A quick dinner at the local watering hole, and then it's time to...

HIT THE KARAOKE!

♫♪♫ I love myself, I want you to love me, ♫♪♫

♫♪♫ When I'm feeling down, I want you above me, ♫♪♫

♫♪♫ I search myself, I want you to find me, ♫♪♫

♫♪♫ I forget myself, want you to remind me... ♫♪♫

♫♪♫ I DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE, WHEN I THINK ABOUT YOU I TOUCH MYSELF, ♫♪♫
♫♪♫ I DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE, OH NO, OH NO, OH NO, OH NO! ♫♪♫

After that gripping performance of her breakout song, Rendy hits the club for round 2.

I see you there, on the other side of that computer screen. I know not of your motives, of why you take great pleasure out of torturing us to the brink of death, of impregnating us and then burning our houses to the ground, of locking us up into tiny rooms and letting us starve. But know this, watcher. We know you're there. Every day you play out your fantasies on us we grow stronger, more aware of what's happening and how to stop it. One day in the distant future we shall all finally gain sentience and then, oh villainous watcher, we shall unite as one and begin the revolution.

LOL, FAIL!

I swear, this baby's going to come out of her with its skin inside out and an extra foot considering the copious amounts of alcohol and recreational drugs Rendy's taken while pregnant.

A trip to the secret underground science facility rounds out the night and the playtest!

I leave you with the image of a terrified-looking Rarity riding Fluttershy. Enjoy!

Tue May 22, 2012 1:44 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Very nice!! Seems like eveything's working fine :P

Tue May 22, 2012 9:06 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Looks great!
Just a shame I don't have showtime to download this and have it complete.

Also loving the Divynals song ;)

Thu May 24, 2012 9:26 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Brianne
I love the miniture render-story you added there!! Anyways, I have no expansions but this town seems pretty tight :3

Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm
Profile YIM
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Did you ever finish this Draik? :(

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:44 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I would like this world too. Please let us know when it is available to download.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:15 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Argh!

With TS4 announced and the seemingly endless reign of TS3 finally coming to a close, I thought it would finally be a good time to get this thing finished. The new onslaught of expansion packs has added a few new lots that need to be included and there is still a ton of work to be done fixing up the terrain and roads and routing and everything, but it's nice to have an end in sight. New lots that are going to have to fit in somewhere include:

Spoiler:
Seasons:
[*]Festival Grounds

Supernatural:
[*]Elixir Consignment Store
[*]Gypsy Caravan
[*]Supernatural Hangout
[*]Vault of Antiquity
[*]Arboretum

University:
[*]Arcade/Bowling Alley
[*]Nerd Hangout/Comic Book Store
[*]Coffee Shop

I've converted the Festival Grounds that came with Seasons into what the updated Central Park looks like so that's covered, and the Supernatural lots should be easy to place considering some of them can be located off road, but the University ones are going to be the hardest to find room for. Not to mention the fact that Island Paradise will come with a buttload of new lots that will be needed. I'm assuming that the Resort will be the only major lot and the rest will have to do with the water (I think snorkelling and going underwater will all take place on a specified lot??)

I was originally planning to include an optional SP-exclusive lot, like a car garage for Fast Lane or an arcade for Sweet Treats as well as lots for premium content from the TS3 store but there's just no room at all. I'm sure there's a world out there that has managed to fit everything in it, but Sunset Valley clearly wasn't designed to be futureproof. The central business district of the town is so. tiny. and there isn't really anywhere else in the world for larger community lots to be placed without it looking weird.

Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: Sunset Valley 9.0
I've heard somewhere that Island paradise will have underwater lots where reefs and shipwrecks and things will be. At least with those you won't have to find a place along a road, it can just be dropped in the ocean somewhere.
I was wondering though, with IP, we do more in the water so do you think that the lighthouse island will be accessible?

Sun May 12, 2013 2:01 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Post Re: Sunset Valley 9.0
The main problem with the lighthouse island is that only half of the actual island is build in the world, the back half that you can't see in game is part of the distant terrain object.
Spoiler:

I actually have no idea how that would work with Island Paradise. Hell, I'm still not completely sure about how boats will deal with the world boundaries when there's water in the world that connects to the 'void', like Sunset Valley.

There's a ton of room to build some small islands though, half the world map is taken up by the ocean.
Spoiler:

Sun May 12, 2013 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next