View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Coconut Island 'Paradise Shores' (CAW files released) 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post Re: Coconut Island 3.0 BETA! *Updated Oct 26th*
Motherboard is being delivered today, so by tonight I'll have my computer up and running and the update available tomorrow if all goes smoothly. I'm going to spend the next week converting the Quest tombs and anything that needs to be addressed(routing, finishing up lots, etc).

TheScribbler wrote:
Oh thank goodness you're putting the CAW files out!
When will you have those files up by the way?

There will be an update tomorrow.
Another update within a week.
Final release/CAW files in about two weeks.

Anyone who's available to test these next two updates vigorously before final release would be greatly appreciated! And I don't mind if you use the island for your story. :smile:

Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Name: Tara
IggyJD03 wrote:
There will be an update tomorrow.
Another update within a week.
Final release/CAW files in about two weeks.

Anyone who's available to test these next two updates vigorously before final release would be greatly appreciated! And I don't mind if you use the island for your story. :smile:

Ah great! :happy: I might be able to test at the weekend but I'm not sure yet.
Oh and in case you didn't know already I've noticed three problems while playing, all routing I think.
#1 is at the watering hole on barbary island, sims seem to have a lot of trouble getting on and off the step up to the bar and from there to the stage part where the drums are, it causes quite a queue up but it's a minor problem.
Problem #2 is on the Koi Pond on barbary island, the routing generally there makes it kinda impossible for the sims to move around much, it's accessible though so again, minor problem.
#3 is the pyramid thingy on the far left of the map, NPC's and stray animals are constantly popping up on it (the middle tier) and have no way to get down, I have no idea why!
Oh and the sims that were contributed by people on this thread, are they supposed to show up as bartenders/bouncers/maids etc.? Because the only other sims I see apart from my own are those awful CAS-Generated ones that have all the facial sliders set on the middle :con:

Thank you! I'll put it to good use haha :smile:

Wed May 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

There aren't any Sims in the version you are playing. The update tomorrow will include these Sims that will take over the jobs,
Spoiler:

I don't have any Sims made by anyone, just the ones I have done. I'll be including even more for the final update so anyone who still wants to make Sims for them have about two weeks to get them in. :happy: (remember no CC!) I'll check the issues you posted, not sure what the update tomorrow will fix.

The motherboard just arrived while I was typing up this post. Off to build! :dig:

Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Ahhh I see now, so that's why xD
Just remembered two other issues (I've been playing this world for months lol).
The schoolhouse is another spot where sims keep popping up and getting stuck. Well, not sims as far as I know but stray horses, quite baffling as to how they got there lol.
And one of the houses in the top right part of the island, facing a dune watery bit, the family I put in it cannot get to the schoolhouse or anywhere else automatically, they just stand in the living room doing the path fail animations. I have to manually direct them off the lot via the "go here" before doing the "go to..." action again.
Sorry I can't be more specific as to which one it is but I'm not on my pc right now.
Also, the firehouse. I haven't tried it out properly yet but the playable sims with that job stay there 24/7. Idk if it's because they can't get out because of routing but it's possible (or just an EA glitch of never forcing firemen to go home).

I'm looking forward to it! These next few weeks are going to be awesome for my sims ;D

Wed May 16, 2012 9:44 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Sounds like Pets and Coconut Island aren't good friends. I don't have any expansions beyond Generations, so I'm out of the loop on that one. I'll see if Sims replicate the problem in my version.

I believe the dunes lot you are referring to has already been fixed, we shall see. :smile: The firehouse is completely functional, but I'm not too sure about them staying. I'll have to check it out.

UPDATED! :party:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lm3ee3ln1lgz3dk

The long overdue November 11th 2011 update is finally available! lol. I haven't touched this or seen this since that exact date, so I don't remember what exactly is in it other than Sims.

I will be keeping the old update available to download just in case this one gives anyone trouble.

Thu May 17, 2012 3:41 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post Re: Coconut Island 3.0 BETA! *Updated May 21st 2012*
I played the first 4 Quests in the Adventure and I realized it would be really easy to just simplify the story a little bit and condense them down to 6-8 Quests total. That way I get to keep much of the work that I did, as well as retain the story that I wanted to tell about the world. Very happy :happy: 85% of it is done, and the ones that are getting dropped from the Quest will just be converted into hidden locations/rewards. And to force you all through them, I'm going to move 99% of all hidden location keys into the Adventure as rewards! muahahaha.

I have updated the NPCs use Subway mod for the latest patch! :yeah:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tkhc4lxp5otwl0h

Last edited by IggyJD03 on Sun May 27, 2012 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 24, 2012 9:09 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Excellent. Can't wait for the release.

Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I can't wait either! I no longer have to worry about saying "The end is in sight!" over and over again. The end is in sight! again... :yeah:

So the Adventure is definitely back on. I'm aiming for 8 Quests total, the first 4 are completely finished. The locations for the next set of Quests are also completely done, I just need to rewrite them and hook them up.
Here's the newly renovated Hub and Quest rooms,
Spoiler:

I completely forgot I redid Camp Barbary. They're all broken up into mini lots. I'm going to add two camper families that will live there.
Spoiler:

aww I forgot about these guys too. Father and Son with the troop,
Spoiler:

I'm going to move them into a longhouse, but you'll definitely want bunk beds from Generations. :nod: Try playing that family!

Last edited by IggyJD03 on Thu May 31, 2012 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
It's exciting that you're back again!! :D

Sun May 27, 2012 6:08 am

Awesome!
The house I mentioned isn't on the dunes as such but is one of the biggest on the town-ish dirt path bit, and the rear of the house is facing a dune.
I'll dl the update this afternoon though, as you said, it's probably been fixed anyway :laugh:
Oh and Yeah, Pets does not get on well with it at all haha. It's better for everyone if you just disable strays for Coconut Island with an Nraas mod or a temporary tuning mod, unless you want horses on an island stopping and starting every three seconds to find routing and pop up stuck in schoolhouses.
Dogs and Cats are A-Ok routing-wise as far as I've seen and the large birds and reptiles popping up around the island add more immersion to it but horses? Nada.
I'd suggest changing the stables lot into something else, the amount of space and routing horses require is insane, I doubt any lot under 30x25/30 is big enough :L

Sun May 27, 2012 9:16 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Hey Swat! Do you have WA yet? :ton:

I'll check those houses out Scribble. Bummer about horses. I'm pretty pinched on space so I don't think I would be able to widen the paths all that much to make a difference. EA should just have a cheat that allows Sims/pets to clip through each other. I really wouldn't care how strange it looked if it meant no more route failures.

OK you punks, here's your stinkin' 40x40 lot (I don't think that's emphasized enough)
Spoiler:

The island includes a private dock and community lot for whatever; garden, hangout area, stables, ownable venue...The 40x40 lot is completely flat so you'll have no problems bringing in your homes. You can now have your very own secluded island that happens to looks like a jalapeño. :happy:

Sun May 27, 2012 9:28 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

That 40x40 lot is a genius idea! And WA? Lol I'm happy you remembered. NOT YET! But maybe this is the push I need xD I've said that before, haven't I? :P

Sun May 27, 2012 4:37 pm

IggyJD03 wrote:
I have updated the NPCs use Subway mod for the latest patch! :yeah:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tkhc4lxp5otwl0h

OOH THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!! :dance2: I've wanted this to be updated for so long now :D Now my islanders can be sensible and not run marathons every day :laugh: :dance:
IggyJD03 wrote:
I'll check those houses out Scribble. Bummer about horses. I'm pretty pinched on space so I don't think I would be able to widen the paths all that much to make a difference. EA should just have a cheat that allows Sims/pets to clip through each other. I really wouldn't care how strange it looked if it meant no more route failures.

OK you punks, here's your stinkin' 40x40 lot (I don't think that's emphasized enough)

Yeah, I've tried it myself and those stubborn horsies refuse to move in a non-robotic stop-start fashion. :laugh: But thinking about it, you wouldn't really have horses on a small island anyway so no problemo!
Hahaha the lot looks great :happy: and you're right, it is kinda like a Jalapeno :gig:

I said I'd test the new update but I got kinda distracted with Skyrim... You know how it is, bunch o' dragons trying to kill you, new places to explore, NPCs to rob :winknudge: There's no staying away from it heheh. I will try it out this weekend though, promise! :ton:

Mon May 28, 2012 8:45 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I don't want to know how many hours I've logged in Skyrim... :wha:

I'm really happy with the new island, it's nice having your own private area. It took forever to furnish, but it's finally done,
Spoiler:

Adventure Quests have been reduced to 4. 4?! I decided to string multiple locations together rather than just one per Quest. It's much nicer narratively, and the journey feels longer. Either way, it's moving along nicely!
...although I need to focus...I keep making more hidden locations...
Spoiler:

Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Oh my god this island is what dreams are made of. This island must make for an absolutely different playing style. This island.. asdfghjk Idk if I'd be able to even put it as a vacation location alone.

Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 am

Weeell I downloaded the latest update from he first page, started a new game with it and this happened: Image
Any ideas as to what's gone wrong? D:
First when I downloaded it I forgot I still had the .world file installed and when I loaded my savegame it looked like that. Then I uninstalled it from the launcher (again, forgetting about it being a .world duplicate) and didn't realise it'd delete my save too (waaa :cry: :cry: tis all gone!). So I deleted the .world file, reinstalled your update aaand it's still like that but with trees. :sad:
At least my sims are still in the bin. :meh:

EDIT: Heck I don't think it's you, all of my worlds have gone like that :wha: O lawd what mod's gone wrong this time? I lost my island game for nothing :stare: grrr I hate it when the few mods I have go wrong.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:02 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

that's definitely not good. :huh:

I saw your post at MTS2 about expanding the world. Have you had any more luck? I've looked into this a couple times and just visited that section again and found your post. :ton: Quite the plan you have! :yeah: When you got it kind of working did it retain everything as is or do some things need to be redone?

Oh, and I'll still be releasing the CAW files once it's done. :happy: Curious though after seeing your ideas, would many problems of space be solved if it was successfully converted into a medium map, and just surround the main world with a bunch of private islands with 40x40's/60x60/64x64(that's the max, right?)? I would love to do that, and I could whip that up very quickly if the conversion doesn't require a lot of redoing.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:35 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

^ ^ That would be freaking awesome. So why not just try and put it onto a largest size map? That way, Coconut Island still seems remote and secluded, but there are other bits of land in the far map corners, with simple, large blank lots on them. Subways / subway rugs would connect CI and the newer areas.
This allows the player some degree of customization which (let's face it) the hood does not have due to it's size and intricate sculpting. The new bits of land do not need to be lovingly crafted like the rest of the hood. Although I would say, keeping the new land as far as possible from CI is good. The gorgeous sea is everything.

I personally would love some extra space to place lots such as these down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/download ... id/904130/
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.htm ... Id=4124251

The new Islands, I would name Banana Island, Watermelon Island etc.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:31 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Yeah it wouldn't take me long at all to sculpt out some large islands and plop down some empty lots and flora. It would be really beneficial to legacy players too having a couple huge lots. I would still have to connect them all with land bridges though, otherwise routing goes nuts. I'd do it like the new 40x40, and it would look nice having more of those private islands around the world.

I did include a few 20x30's that will be in the next update(along with that 40x40 island), so you can definitely get that second link in Tiz! It actually looks like it would fit right in on this lot next to the rocks,
Spoiler:

I'll be updating sooner than I wanted, I found some routing issues in the update you guys are using.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

You're world keeps getting more beautiful as time goes on!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next