View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
 Coconut Island 'Paradise Shores' (CAW files released) 
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Alina
Post Re: Coconut Island 3.0 BETA! *Updated May 23*
Profplumbob wrote:
You can test it out with what you have right now(it loads up a new save). Since there isn't a basecamp ready yet(you can go into Edit Town to establish one), it will move your sim into the cheapest available lot, which funny enough is the Stoney Port Inn. :happy: It also seems to populate the world with locals! Give story progression a few sim days to get situated.

You can also go into Edit Town to establish which residential lots are NPC homes and which ones can be ownable.

Uh, uh, uh... No, I mustn't. Must work this weekend. Like, really hard! *keeps the temptation away*

But the first chance I get to get rid of this damn project, I'll take it. Waaaaant Siiiiiims! *goes through withdrawal*

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 pm
Profile YIM
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I wish I wasn't busy this weekend. All my work is done and all I want to do now is play sssiiimmms! Tongiht, I shall.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

OK, so apparently EA still hasn't fixed the edit-in-game issue where it loads the launcher and not the game. SO, this means Coconut Island 3.0 is looking to require Generations. :mad: (i will keep the current download file available that currently does not include Generations)

update: Houston we have a huge. huge. problem. Coconut Island is refusing to export with or without Generations. Looking into it.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:39 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Carla
I have been playing Coconut Island as a Vacation World since Twallan released the Traveller mod and I have to say it has brought back the fun again in playing the Sims for me! :nod: Twallan is simply awesome! It kind of reminds me of Vacationing Sims 2 Twikki Island but oh so much more better. I can't wait for the Pets EP to come out.

How is it going on exporting the world Iggy? Are you trying to update? :smile:

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:35 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I'm in the process of reinstalling the game and CAW. There's a slimmer of hope; all worlds, including a fresh blank map, wouldn't export. So this sounds like a CAW issue rather than a Coconut Island issue. I'll find out once I get everything back up and running.

update: Everything Sims wiped off, documents, registry files, etc,. I wanted to make sure! (coconut island is safe, don't worry! :wink: ) Is there a guide out there that is the best way to install/patch these games? Sims is really finicky with this stuff...is it better to:

1. Install game. Patch game. Install expansion. Patch expansion. Install next expansion. Patch expansion. etc.
or
2. Install all of them and then patch?

I will be installing up to Late Night and then seeing how CAW goes and how Coconut Island/exporting goes, but I want to make sure I take the best path to installing/patching these games.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:28 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I'm pretty sure that by installing each game/EP (in sequence), then using the MTS patch downloader, you have ticked all the boxes. It's never failed me.

About the hood, is there still going to be a CI4? I ask this because I'm very eager to start using this hood as a vacation hood, but if there's going to be a CI4, then I will just wait until the final final version is released. Cheers.

Excellent work.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:56 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Go ahead and use it as a vacation hood. The actual world is practically done, it's the Adventure portion of the world that is in pieces. As a world to visit, it's definitely ready to go, it's just the Adventure portion(tombs, hidden locations, story) isn't anywhere near finished. You just want to make sure you use your first visit to go into Edit-In-Game to establish a basecamp (I'd recommend one of the Inn's) and also establish the lots you want as ownable vacation homes.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:27 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I'll wait till the project is complete I think. Though I'm tempted.
Will there still be a CI4 though? It all really hinges on this.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

tizerist wrote:
I'll wait till the project is complete I think. Though I'm tempted.
Will there still be a CI4 though? It all really hinges on this.

I will not be making a 4.0, 3.0 will be it. I will be heavily considering extra mini versions, but I won't be making any drastic updates.

Update: World exported successfully with Late Night. :happy:

Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

so apparently there is a game company out there who complained that Coconut Island 2.0 (.sims3pack) is their work and has shut down the file. 3.0 is still fine (as is the .world version of 2.0 wtf?).

Last edited by Profplumbob on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Alina
Maybe EA is getting even greedier and too stuck up to have its .sims3pack files on share sites?

If you want to try out a new hosting site, I suggest ifile.it. Or, if you don't mind having an extra folder in your computer, you could get Dropbox, and place the file in the Public folder of it.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I can only think that it has store content included in the file. Anyone have Coconut Island 2.0 sims3pack? I want to run it through custard. The company that filed the complaint is an anti-piracy company. So either they believe Coconut Island 2.0 .sims3pack is piracy, or there are files within it that are. I seriously do not remember ever including CC in Coconut Island 2.0.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:09 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Carla
Here you go http://www.4shared.com/file/AN7BU0Z_/Co ... sland.html I don't know why they would think it's piracy. :huh: I did check the Sims3pack and there is no other custom content.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:37 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Oh WOW. That's a bit odd.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Thanks azara! I'll let you guys know what happens to that whole ordeal, if anything happens at all!

So, I'm going to rundown the Adventure portion again now that I am getting a handle on it all.

Quest
When you arrive at base camp(or visit Stoney Port Inn), you will come across many locked doors and plaques that title them. The first one will be open and you'll be given an intro to the island and its story, as well as a clue on where to go to begin your adventure. Once you finish the first quest, you will be rewarded a key to unlock the second door to continue on. I felt like this method was the best way to mimic the billboard in WA worlds as well as tell a story about the world in a non messy way. I plan on having 8 quests, it just depends on how many I need to have to fit the story in.

Keystone of Discovery
I'm sure you've spotted these all around the world while testing. There are going to be over two dozen KoD locations, and there are an exact number of keys as there are doors, so you'll want to think carefully which ones you want to unlock first. Keys are scattered all around the island, some in chests, some out in the open. They unlock rewards, hidden locations and things like the Omni plant and other unique spawners.

Search & Find (i need a better name!)
You'll sometimes find locks that aren't KoD or Quest related. These always come with a hint on the whereabouts of the key. An example would be at The Garden where the groundskeeper shack is locked, and there's a clue on where the key is. I don't have many of these planned currently, so we'll see what happens to them.

Once half of the Quest is finished, I'll update the world for anyone that wants to test and help me out with them. Maybe by the end of October? It's weird jumping back into this after months of not touching it. I forgot where I put all the KoD keys, so now I'm searching them all out again, lol.

Oh! And I also have a few finished Sims for the world, I'll showcase some of them in the next few days. :smile:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

That's it. I'm getting World Adventures for this. As soon as I have freetime... ugh.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:56 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Swatme101 wrote:
That's it. I'm getting World Adventures for this. As soon as I have freetime... ugh.

I have a copy of Freetime collecting dust in the closet if you want it. wacca wacca wacca! :dance:

so get this...I exported the world and loaded it up in the game without Generations. Loaded up fine(as a normal hood and vacation hood), saves fine, etc. But in the main menu, the save is grayed out saying it's lacking expansion content... :wha:

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:28 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Oh no, I mean freetime asin spare time, as in, being spared from AP work. But I think you got the idea.. :D

And ugh, it probably is doing that because you have Generations installed at all. You should try AnyGameStarter, for sure.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Hahaha, I knew what you meant.

I'll check that program out.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:46 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Profplumbob wrote:
I have a copy of Freetime collecting dust in the closet if you want it. wacca wacca wacca! :dance:

so get this...I exported the world and loaded it up in the game without Generations. Loaded up fine(as a normal hood and vacation hood), saves fine, etc. But in the main menu, the save is grayed out saying it's lacking expansion content... :wha:

I actually have ran into that problem when I was trying to upload my CAW earlier in the year... My problem was that I included punctuation in the name of my world. For example I named it "Sim City 2.03", and it was the period that was throwing it off. Maybe that could be it?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next