View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Coconut Island 'Paradise Shores' (CAW files released) 

Name: Tara
Post Re: Coconut Island 3.0 BETA! *Updated May 21st 2012*
IggyJD03 wrote:
that's definitely not good. :huh:

I saw your post at MTS2 about expanding the world. Have you had any more luck? I've looked into this a couple times and just visited that section again and found your post. :ton: Quite the plan you have! :yeah: When you got it kind of working did it retain everything as is or do some things need to be redone?

Oh, and I'll still be releasing the CAW files once it's done. :happy: Curious though after seeing your ideas, would many problems of space be solved if it was successfully converted into a medium map, and just surround the main world with a bunch of private islands with 40x40's/60x60/64x64(that's the max, right?)? I would love to do that, and I could whip that up very quickly if the conversion doesn't require a lot of redoing.

Good news! I fixed my game by uninstalling Pets, turns out my wheezy laptop couldn't handle three extra fluffy lifeforms as well as Sims and Skyrim :no: ah well, at least it works now!
Nope, no luck. Tbh I pretty much gave up after that headache-inducing attempt until a later date at least as I'm not even sure I was doing it right heh.
Kind of working, hmm not quite haha. I used a full medium-size desert-filled map and the only thing that transferred into the top-right corner (making it useless for my plans anyway) was the path terrain paints. Not the grass/sand/rocks, just the dirt paths. Completely flat too and nothing else. I'll look into it some more if anyone at MTS just points me in the right direction :laugh:
Yup I think that's the max lot size. And yes I think it would! My plans however are just to add a jungle expanded from the village and make an underground vampire retreat for my story, it's a proper story btw, full of vampires, spies and wars, the only sim-related thing inn it is the fact I'm using them for the pictures :wink:

And the person who suggested a full-map size, do you know just how massive that is? Even the medium map size surprised me on comparison to the original coconut island size lol. The very thought of the possible lag/loading terrifies me :L

Oh and btw Iggy, I've been wondering what map size and height map did you use for Coconut Island? I've never been able to figure it out heh, might be useful info when experimenting with map size stuff. :smile:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:47 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

For the map I used small flat(#?), and I'm not sure what height values I used. What it is now is how it was when it was generated. (everything was underwater/ shallow sea)

I have zero patience to do anything that involves redoing flora/rocks/objects/terrain, lol. So I'll bargain with you all, how does this look? :wink:

60x60 biotches!(can I say that? :gig: ). I also included those other sizes and they're all flat, ready to go if you want to import your own homes. They also each have a private beach lot for whatever you wish. I may do something similar to Stoney Port Island, but not another 60x60, that's too big for that island. If I do a 40x40, it would be a castle style home with a front garden using the Stoney Square ground. We'll see!

Scryer wrote:
You're world keeps getting more beautiful as time goes on!

I love the world at night, all the street lights dotting the paths... :love: I love how The Dunes has none and how splash park glows even far away.

Swatme101 wrote:
Oh my god this island is what dreams are made of. This island must make for an absolutely different playing style. This island.. asdfghjk Idk if I'd be able to even put it as a vacation location alone.

If you ever get around to getting WA, and you use the Traveler mod, you can instantly turn a vacation hood into a normal hood without any loading. You can also pause a vacation too... :happy:

Last edited by IggyJD03 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:30 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

TheScribbler wrote:
And the person who suggested a full-map size, do you know just how massive that is? Even the medium map size surprised me on comparison to the original coconut island size lol. The very thought of the possible lag/loading terrifies me :

I think the problem is your system. You said yourself that you're using a Laptop that doesn't like EP's being added. Using a laptop for this game is not really adequate. If a hood is 75% water, how much lag can there be? No land = no lag.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded rude, It wasn't supposed to.

Last edited by tizerist on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:24 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

It doesn't matter, I'm not enlarging the world :ton: But I did enlarge Stoney Port! Some really nice changes were made. :happy:
Spoiler:

I cheated and pasted the Bungalow Villa and just restyled it to Stoney Port,

The Blue Moon club was moved and City Hall/Beaker's Nook were enlarged,

I also enlarged this lot in The Dunes to a 30x30,

Not sure what to do with this lot yet, probably an apartment,

Coconut Island, now with 100% more bulge.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:37 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Wow, this just gets better and better. I just compared it to my version, and it looks like there could be as much as 20% extra land in this new build.
I especially like the section in the bottom left, cause I used to have an absolutely dreamy 40x40 holiday home in TS2 Twikkii Island, and I will attempt to recreate it in that very space right there.
Definately can't wait to obtain this. :)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:39 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
It's amazing that you could add so much and still keep alll the great aspects of the island!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:06 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Swat, that's too funny that you used the Martinez Family in your legacy, I included them on the Island,

They're the only ones I included from the bin because I always use them as test Sims and their bio deserved to be rewritten. :nod:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:44 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
IggyJD03 wrote:
Swat, that's too funny that you used the Martinez Family in your legacy, I included them on the Island,

They're the only ones I included from the bin because I always use them as test Sims and their bio deserved to be rewritten. :nod:

Haha yup! But watch out though, If you breed a male from them you may get hitler syndrome.

Spoiler:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

That's unfortunate! :wha:

I don't think this is supposed to happen :laugh:

The blonde jumped in right after.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:44 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Alina
One quick question - is the link in the first post the last version, or are you still working on it? I'm reinstalling the whole game, and I expect I'll start playing again in two days or so, and would looove to have this as my starter neighborhood. I just want to know if I can go ahead and download it, or if I should still hold on until you give it even moar awesomeness! ^_^

PS: Thank you for showing me the land of my dreams - this place made me think about retiring abroad, somewhere tropical-y.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:50 pm
Profile YIM
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I'm still working on it and the next update is pretty big :yeah:

-a 40x40 island with its own dock and private community lot
-expanded Barbary island to include a 60x60, 40x30 and a 30x30.
-expanded Stoney Port to include a 40x40, 30x40, and two 20x30's.
-lots of new Sims; locals, tourists, adventurers, etc.
-completely overhauled The Adventure at Basecamp. 4 Quests traveling through 12 locations complete with a story connecting Coconut Island to the Sims universe.

This update will be available in a few days to about a week. *lies! I'll need testers for The Adventure. I'm vigerously trying to get Quest #3 nearly full proof, but if I can't then I'll release the update with just Quest #1 and 2 ready to go.

Last edited by IggyJD03 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:00 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Alina
Wonderful! I can't wait to play it! Now if only I can squeeze in my computer all of the expansion packs...

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:19 am
Profile YIM
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Not sure if you mentioned this, because the thread is getting to be a little tldr, but any harvestable plants need to be fenced in with single-wide gates so the horses and deer can't get in and eat them all up.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:58 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

kattenijin wrote:
Not sure if you mentioned this, because the thread is getting to be a little tldr, but any harvestable plants need to be fenced in with single-wide gates so the horses and deer can't get in and eat them all up.

there was a little discussion about Pets, pretty much summed up with, "Coconut Island hates horses" :mad: But I went ahead and locked up the garden lot with two single gates to keep it from becoming an animal buffet. :yeah:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:51 am

Haha indeed, ooh they can eat plants? I never found that out before uninstalling D;
Sorry for not replying for ages but my game's gone worse, rendering it practically unplayable until I get a new pc in a few months. :( Skyrim still works fine however so I'll probably do the DB and take my rage out on those unsuspecting targets ;D
Anyway the island's bulginess is looking just brilliant, I can't wait to see the next update 8D The Quests too! ^_^
Do you think, with the final release, you could also upload a sim-less version? Nevermind, just rembered Nraas can do that haha.

tizerist wrote:
TheScribbler wrote:
And the person who suggested a full-map size, do you know just how massive that is? Even the medium map size surprised me on comparison to the original coconut island size lol. The very thought of the possible lag/loading terrifies me :L

I think the problem is your system. You said yourself that you're using a Laptop that doesn't like EP's being added. Using a laptop for this game is not really adequate. If a hood is 75% water, how much lag can there be? No land = no lag.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded rude, It wasn't supposed to.

Ah it's fine, it did sound like that at first but I can see you didn't mean it like that :)
And yus, the problem is my laptop. The only thing that works 95% ok now is CAS xD the rest is either pretty much graphically broken or incredibly slow.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:34 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I was originally going to put out a non sim edition...but then after I made about 5 dozen Sims I thought, "Screw them, they can eat my Sims for breakfast" ...or Nraas can eat them. :ton: ...or EA's story progression! *ba-dum-chhh* :dance:

The good thing about the next update is it's pre-final. Meaning it's the last update before final release! I held back putting out another update and decided to just finish all 4 Quests. I suspect it will be ready on Friday. :happy:

I'm so excited!

Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:57 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Wow! A final update?! This world seems like it's been in constant development forever! haha!

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Hahaha EA Story Progression does appear to have a thing for moving out and killing the original sims :,)
Ahhh I can't wait either! To see it in a rather blocky form anyway, I may just kill everyone off and play one sim just to do the quests ^_^

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Loving the new update to version 3, love the larger lots and I can definitely see some great improvements to this world.

Here is version 2 I think of Coconut Island, you were looking for as a sims3pack
https://www.box.com/s/305c0d61deca8e76946d

It says it was last updated in April 2010.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Went through all 4 Quests last night without a problem, felt great! :dance2:

MissA Is this the same file posted at Sims3.com?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/ ... 56125.page

I haven't checked it out yet, but thanks :happy:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next