View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Sims 3 EP11: Into the Future 
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Post The Sims 3 EP11: Into the Future

We don't seem to have a new topic for this, so I went ahead and made one.

Expansion packs 9 through 11 were announced on the livestream on the 8th of January, revealing University Life coming in March, Island Paradise coming in June and an unnamed time travel pack coming later in the year!

The ever-important surveys of early 2012 come into play here as (surprise surprise) time travel was one of the options given:
Spoiler:

From the looks of it, illnesses and disease will (finally) return from TS2 and there's even some mention of businesses.

What I'm most curious about is how travelling in time will affect the world, and more specifically how it will affect custom worlds.

They also mention prehistoric time travel, so I'm guessing the new creature will be a dinosaur or caveman, or possibly another type of simbot from the 'near future'.

Last edited by Draik on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: The Sims 3 EP11: Time Travel
No No No nononononononononononoononono.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:27 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
In the live broadcast, they only mentioned traveling to the future. I assume they had to narrow the scope of the EP because past and future travel could almost be a completely new game, not just an EP. This might be the third EP that I skip (along with World Adventures and Supernatural)... but I will need more information before I can make that call.

Does anyone else think that they are putting out all of these EP's so quickly because they are wrapping up The Sims 3 and want to get these EP's out as quickly as possible to keep us interested and keep us buying them before announcing The Sims 4? At first, we got one expansion pack every 6 months, which meant that we would get two every year. Then in 2012, we got 3 and now in 2013 we will get 3. It has been a span of 4 to 5 years between The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3. I think it is possible that we could see The Sims 4 come out in late 2014.

It just seems weird to me that they announced so much at once and that they are putting out so many EP's lately.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:12 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Charlie wrote:

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Lola001 wrote:
Does anyone else think that they are putting out all of these EP's so quickly because they are wrapping up The Sims 3 and want to get these EP's out as quickly as possible to keep us interested and keep us buying them before announcing The Sims 4? At first, we got one expansion pack every 6 months, which meant that we would get two every year. Then in 2012, we got 3 and now in 2013 we will get 3. It has been a span of 4 to 5 years between The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3. I think it is possible that we could see The Sims 4 come out in late 2014.

It just seems weird to me that they announced so much at once and that they are putting out so many EP's lately.

As someone else mentioned in another thread a long, Ea is trying to sweep TS3 under the rug quickly. And I definitely think that this is evidence of it.

For me, there are some really good things about the TS3 expansion packs and there are some really horrific things as well like the Generations EP and the Katy Perry shit, and now Time Traveling. Bottom-line is that TS3 is turning out to be more of a joke than anything, and the franchise really reveals that EA is a clown-business. EA should be embarassed as to how TS3 is turning out.

If there was something that the TS3 franchise really lacks, it's maturity. Because this Time Travelling EP just sounds cheesey, lame, and a quick money grab. I thought that EA was gonna start releasing better EP's because Seasons was great but that's not the case.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:31 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Now I am very interested to see how they pull this off and finally my Doctor Who sim doesn't have to be stuck in one specific time. I hope to at least expect the Medieval era as an obvious reference to The Sims Medieval. It is nice that they'll bring back businesses so I hope this means retail shops, event venues, and restaurants even though the concept will most likely be half-arsed.

It'll be cool if apartments and businesses worked in a similar fashion to games like Dwarf Fortress where you have to designate the rooms to be either an apartment or a business on a new lot type called multilots (unoriginal name).

I also hope that they'd have a reference to the TARDIS, DeLorean, and Bill & Ted's Phone Booth even though two of these were technically in The Sims 3 Supernatural (LLAMA). I really hope to see space colonies introduced in a similar fashion that house boats will be in Island Paradise.

All in all, this sounds like it could be a good pack to top The Sims 3 off if done right. Especially if it includes a lovely business system. I can eagerly say I am a little excited to see if this is what expansion pack #11 will be and how they'll make everything work.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
EP10?!?! Wtf ea! I thought 10 EPs would be a lot.
I'm a bit worried about this Time Travel shit. I really hope Sims 4 is okay. I haven't played Sims 3 since summer though so who am I kidding

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Scryer wrote:
Lola001 wrote:

As someone else mentioned in another thread a long, Ea is trying to sweep TS3 under the rug quickly. And I definitely think that this is evidence of it.

For me, there are some really good things about the TS3 expansion packs and there are some really horrific things as well like the Generations EP and the Katy Perry shit, and now Time Traveling. Bottom-line is that TS3 is turning out to be more of a joke than anything, and the franchise really reveals that EA is a clown-business. EA should be embarassed as to how TS3 is turning out.

If there was something that the TS3 franchise really lacks, it's maturity. Because this Time Travelling EP just sounds cheesey, lame, and a quick money grab. I thought that EA was gonna start releasing better EP's because Seasons was great but that's not the case.

I agree with both your posts. I'm getting a desperate "hurry up and preorder all this stuff!" vibe from EA, and I sure hope TS4 will be announced by the end of the year and that it will go in a new direction. And pleaseohplease have a better art style especially in the TS3 Sims' appearance.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I wish they would have left in the other possibilities for travel but I bet more than one "time" would also mean more than one world like WA. Might be a bit too much to bite off if you're trying to push the expansion out before 2014 and give the community at least a few months to play it before handing them the next big thing.

Mon May 13, 2013 5:23 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
So I read this again, and I think I know a good answer.
Charlie wrote:

Mon May 13, 2013 10:49 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Aura wrote:
So I read this again, and I think I know a good answer.
Charlie wrote:

:hi5:

Tue May 14, 2013 2:51 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I can't imagine how this would work. I will reserve my judgement until information is available

Sun May 26, 2013 1:52 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

EA should re-call this nauseating EP and shit out something else... Like seriously, time travelling? Really!? Hell I think I'd be happy if they made Island Paradise the last EP and just released a bunch of stuff packs TBH, over a Time-Travelling EP.

Obviously this shit still blows my mind.

Mon May 27, 2013 5:05 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
As far as I am concerned, Island Paradise is the last EP. The time travel EP would have to have something INCREDIBLY SPECTACULAR to make me buy it but I can say with 99% certainty that it won't be happening. They should start giving us more info after Island Paradise comes out but I wouldn't expect any before that.

Tue May 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Name: Adam
I am super excited about the Time Travel EP! :nod:

I hope it'll add a wide variety of useful robots to my game, like the ones from TS2:Open for Business. And I have my fingers crossed that this EP will contain adorable and fierce pet dinosaurs! :happy:

Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Andrew
Merciful_Zeus wrote:
I am super excited about the Time Travel EP! :nod:

I hope it'll add a wide variety of useful robots to my game, like the ones from TS2:Open for Business. And I have my fingers crossed that this EP will contain adorable and fierce pet dinosaurs! :happy:

Now that's an optimistic perspective.

I don't know exactly how this game is going to turn out but I'd probably get it if they added useful robots/interesting creatures.

Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Post Re: The Sims 3 EP11: Into the Future
Looks like we have a name for it now, The Sims 3: Into the Future.

...doesn't really roll off the tongue like the rest of the games' titles do.

I'm still extremely curious as to how they're going to handle this - although if it's just a futuristic themed world I wouldn't really be surprised.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:52 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I think it'd be like.. a slapped on neighborhood you can "travel" to with futuristic stuff. People have high hopes and we might see something substantial about it on July 9th, which is one of those days we're promised stuff a LB.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:41 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
aRE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE WHAT THE WHAT DUH SHA

oh my good lord.
Screw this, just another expansion pack used to get money. Time travel has never been prominent in The Sims series and never should be. Excuse me, it's about controlling a modern-like society, if you want to Time Travel, then go buy Medieval or download a bunch of hacks to over-ride, don't make a freaking expansion pack.

HAVE THEY EVEN READ THE GDD FOR THE SIMS 1 BECAUSE IF NOT THEN THEY NEED TO GO BACK TO BASICS AND READ THAT OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO IRRELEVANT AND LACKS SO MUCH POTENTIAL, WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS EA, YOU HAVE STOOPED TO THE LOWEST.

I actually have no hope for this expansion pack, I'm sorry to say, and I will not be wasting my money on this. (Not like I've wasted money on the last few EPs anyway.)

I am so done.

I am Electra Heart.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:45 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Preußen wrote:
I am so done.

x2

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next