View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Sims 3 Pets Gamescom New Trailers! + Screenshots 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
Post Sims 3 Pets Gamescom New Trailers! + Screenshots
YAY! New Pets Trailers!!! :happy:

GamesCom Trailer:

GamePlay:

Create A Pet Gameplay:

Sims 3 Pets Live Broadcast:
http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/the-s ... broadcast/

New Details And Info:

Spoiler:
Create a Pet

Can have different tails (Horses can have braided).
Customize a lot of different things.
Advanced mode for all animals.
Add Layers similar to Create a Pattern.
Can adjust neck with slider. Has many different sliders for ears, back, and belly.
Pets can have three traits.
Voice level can be adjusted to be quieter or louder.

Horses

Regular Play

Can do competitions at Equestrian center.
Can breed horses at the equestrian center.
If your Sim wins a competition your Sims name can show up in the newspaper.
Can build own barn for horse to live in.
Has thirst need and can drink from trough or ponds.

Interactions

Rub neck, brush, feed, etc.

Dogs

Regular Play

Dog park – can play fetch, run around.
Dogs can swim in fountains and pools.
Can learn tricks such as play dead, shake paw, sit up.
Has destruction motive to destroy things like knock over the trash can.
Can learn hunting skill to dig up treasure in the world.

Interactions

Kiss, hug, and more.

Cats

Regular Play

Cat jungle with a cat jungle gym.
Can play with a laser pointer.
Can eat food off of counters.

Interactions

Hug, toss, pounce, and more.

Unicorn

You can adopt the unicorn into your Sims household.
Can teleport around the world, not just run/walk like a horse.
Unicorns can breed but not with normal horses. Must be another unicorn.
Sim can ride a unicorn like a horse.
Has magical powers such as:

Can light fires – horn turns orange.
Can curse another Sim.
Bless Sims
Make plants grow.

Overall Details

Pets appear alongside Sims heads in the user control interface.
You can have 6 different pets with a household and 8 different Sims. Can have 6 pets and 4 Sims. Overall maximum of 10 Sims and pets per household combined.
Pets they do have moodlets and wishes, just like Sims.
Pets can have memories, just like Sims.
Pets can have fleas.
Pets can interact with each other.
Pets can visit neighbors, community lots, and go places on their own around the world.
Pets can do trick shows when your pet is trained.
Can do racing, show jumping, cross country competitions.
Can earn money, tips, and trophies from trick shows.
New build and buy objects.
Can build barns with new barn doors.
Sims (all ages) can interact with pets.
Pets all full Sims and fully controllable. No real limits, can play just as pets.
Lots of new objects for both Pets and Sims.
New ice cream truck.
Horses, cat, and dogs can breed. Have genetics and traits that can be inherited.
Can mix dog breeds, cat breeds, and horse breeds when breeding.
Can have litters of puppies and kittens.
Can accessorize your pets with different collars and saddles.
Great variety of snakes, lizards, and other critters.
Pets can have controllable ghosts when they die from old age.
New clothes for Sims with pets on them, western themed clothing.
Game still in development, will be other broadcasts.

World

Appaloosa Plains – mid-western ranching style community.
Has entirely new buildings and content.
New venues especially for animals.
Horse ranch venue
Cat jungle venue
Dog park venue
Has dinosaur bones in the dinosaur lot.

And New Screenshots :happy:

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Some Of The Objects:

Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image

And Some Of The Small Animals:

Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This going to be the best Sims Expansion of All time!!

Last edited by SimsTias on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Re: Sims 3 Pets Gamescom Trailer
Yay, we get to see the unicorn! And did you see the dog being abducted by the alien spaceship? A lot of the animations look really cool, but I don't like the look of the animals' eyes -- like Pets for TS2, they're still too beady and are usually much too pale.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:08 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post Re: Sims 3 Pets Gamescom New Trailer!
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the dog show is staged. It's either that or it's a shell.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Sims 3 Pets Gamescom New Trailer! + Screenshots
I'm.
So.
EXCITED.

I'm gonna download the video, watch it in slow mo, and decided what is staged and what is real. I'll report back.

Notes. I had Sims 2 pets, so I have some basis. I loaded the Sims 2 pets and whether it's an upgrade or just a note I took, here's my opinion playing the video at .22x

1. Collars look A LOT better. They actually dig into the fur, unlike Sims 2 where they made no sense.
2. Not all cats look all furry like that one. Some are smooth like in real life.
3. Dog's teeth look REALLY nice. I mean, they are as high of quality as sims (low) but they are full.
4. In the rendered part, the horses's tails look okay, and the animation looks good.
5. Ears flap when dogs run, and their tails conform to gravity. Don't know if that's animation or gravity rendering.
6. The spots on the dog (aswell as horse textures) look REALLY shitty, but better than Sims 2. But tihnk about how Sims' skin render. That doesn't look top quality either. Only mods made them look good.
7. Dust behind horses when they run. I'm no horse expert but the galloping looks okay.
8. When the racoon pulls down the trashcan, the lid just dissapears. Oops.
9. Theres a nice effect when the trash splatters, but the trash just dissapears. The shot is cut off so who knows if a trash pile is created. Kind of like pulling people out of debris in Sims 3 Ambitions Firefighting career.
10. The mane is solid, kinda like Sims hair. I doubt it would have animated if horses were in sims 2 though. (Sims's hair is TS2 animated.)
11. Looks like theres a reflection of the water on the deer's face right before it comes up, and then of course the dripping effect.
12. The texture quality on the deer is complete shit, but it is a really close up shot.
13. The shivering cats are SOO cute.
14. Remember that tweeted picture of the house with the messed up roof? I'm not so sure it's a rabbit hole now. It's in the shot behind the grim reaper (or, to his left) and theres a build mode lamp on it. Idk. Actually, it's deffiantely the new criminal hideout rabbit hole because it has graffiti on it. And broken windows. If it's buildable, ea added A LOT of build stuff. So i doubt it. Next to it is a doghouse and food bowl so i have NO idea.
Spoiler:

15. I can't tell if this is staged, because the dog starts reacting before the other dog bars. But i really like the look of these two dogs. Really good looking to me.
Spoiler:

Oh my god, completely staged. If you watch at the speed i'm watching, the dog is looking at the camera, barks at the dog, theres a cut with the bigger dog, the small dog, and the owner in the background, the small dog goes back to eating, and the bigger dog has a tiny loop on the frightened face. I gotta watch out for those!
16.The mouse goes down the dog's throat perfectly, and the expression on his face afterwards is PRICELESS.
17. When the "intelligent" dog falls, theres a counter/table thing behind him with vegetation and dirt on it. A new object / reward, maybe?
Spoiler:

18. The dog rolling around in trash looks FUCKING LEGIT.
19. THIS. IS. LEGIT. Oh my god my step sister's cat sleeps JUST like this! I love it!
Spoiler:

20. A piece of string spins around the ball before the cat pounces it. Both equally as awesome!
21. DAWWWH WHEN THE DOG HUGS THE SOLDIER (staged lol) SOO CUTE (well technically you can join the military and get that outfit for work. Not so staged?)
22. The fighting ball is the same as the Sims, animations probably jacked from Sims 2 like they were for the sims, aswell.
THE STAGED PETSHOW:
The 2 dogs are on a LN platform, the sim and the dog are on a rug, CASted to look like a ring, and the people in the background are infront of a fence and on chairs. Lawn chairs. completely staged.
24. The horse jumping looks legit as well.
25. Unless the plants sway when a dog runs by them, the dog running after the mailman is staged too. The dog seems to be contained in a frame and motion tracked into the scene, and the plans behind him are in a differnet position . But if it is literally the plants swaying as the dog runs by, A+ for EA!
26. The cat in the hygeine chamber looks legit as it gets. The background is some sort of fence or maybe containing device, and to the right is a bunch of cleverly CASted cat houses.
27. The unicorn glows :)
Okay, image montage. Most of it looks to be just footage we already seen. The only new shots i see:
1. A puppy knocks over a toddler, who seems to be wearing a full suit (new tot clothes?)
2. A unicorn doing the same neighing animation just at night (deffinately glows)
3. A scene I think we might have already seen but it's pretty :) lots of mountains and stuff!
4. Army man's dog jumping on the door mat behind where he huged that army guy
5. A long trail, bordered by yellow trees, with two horses running down it. I think they showed that already.

The rest of it is all from the old trailer or this trailer.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:34 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

The two white tabby looking cats shivering made me burst into tears. So depressing but that means EA is good at their job. The animations are realistic and the animals look real enough to make me cry over a shivering sim cat :x

Also loved the animation for the dog rolling in garbage. I think it's amazing so far. Can't wait!

BTW..Dog isn't being abducted. Dog is dying. Grim Reaper is tossing a bone into the air and the dog is disappearing/floating into the portal.. same portal as when grim rides that horse off into the sunset. That is the "death" animation.. which I'm very happy about. I'd rather cry over that then cry over my animal "poofing" and all the sudden becoming a tomb stone.. or a more realistic looking .. falling over then tombstone.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:23 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
A great breakdown swat! I saw the trailer and was grinning like a moron because i'm SO FREAKING EXCITED. But I have to keep a level head and remember that half of this stuff will be staged.

As for the table with earth and plants in the shot with the 'intelligent' dog, I am going to hazard a guess at a vivarium for a reptile. I was doing some insanley quick pausing of the trailer where it says play with... and keeps changing what it says. Turtles was definatley one there, as was blue macaws... although they wouldn't need dirt, and would live in a cage.

Also I don't think the dog is being abducted, I think its passing away, thats why the grim reaper is there :P

EDIT:
What I am getting from the trailer:

The little windows of clips at the end - a TODDLER IS INTERACTING WITH A KITTEN.

0:21 - A hairless cat playing with the mouse? Or just short haired/skin coloured - I noticed it has a skinnier tail than the cats WITH hair on the same shot. As well as bigger ears, which led me to believe it's hairless. Also because no fur is overlapping the collar, as Swat already stated, now happens.

0:22 - not really info, but it says play with dogs, and a cat pops up and goes down again quickly. Made me laugh. haha.

0:25 - The paint horse has markings we hadn't seen yet. Just puts my mind at rest that we won't just get one variation of a paint horse.

0:28 - A lot of breeds are now confirmed. I will list them later in this post, as I am quite a dog nerd and recognise the majority of them. (which is great on EAs part that they managed to do it sucessfully!)

0:35 - Herd is moving. Hopefully they are reacting to something that is going on in the neighborhood, not just running for shits and gigs. It will be great if there is fires or something that the wild animals react to.

0:37 - CAT CLOCK. <3

0:43 - Raccoons look very similar build to the cats. I hope they're not the same with just a different texture. Thats how they did it in Ts2. It sucked.

0:45 - Child interacts with horse, However I noticed that the girth on the horses saddle is single, I have seen another screenshot where a horse was rearing and there was a double girth on the saddle. Customizable tack? I HOPE SO.

0:48 - as swat already said - deer doesn't have great texture but the dripping is a nice touch.

0:54 - 'Hunter' dog. But whats that in the background? Wolves? They could be...

1:02 - Again, swat already mentioned the possible vivarium in the background as the dog stumbles.

1:06 - Kittens aren't just one solid colour like they were in ts2.

1:15 - new animal hospital in the background? It looks like the old army baracks but it has a nursing + on it.

1:17 - Not sure about the legit of this dog show. However, we know we can put random stars and shit on our poodles. Just what I wanted.

1:19 - the showjumping horse is wearing a martingale. Yet more proof of variations in tack?

1:30 - wth. Looks like a machine of torture.. Haha. I'd rather just send the animals to a groomers, or get a sim to groom them... but giant rabbit hole machine works too i guess...

1:40 - stalls are added whole to the barn, so I don't think we'll be getting any english style stabling. Only american internal stools. No Biggie. I love all the random clutter/hay/tools in the barn here too. Makes it look really used.

1:51 - Play with FALCONS!!!!!! You have to pause it perfectly for this. But it definatley says play with falcons. I cannot wait to see what we can do with these.

List of dog breeds in the trailer (In order of appearance)

Golden Retriever
Dobermann (with cropped ears)
Pug
English Bull Terrier
Dalmatian
Border Collie (Not sure about that one 0:22)

(stampede)
German Shepard
Pug
Poodle
French Bulldog
Husky
Dalmatian
English Bulldog
English Bull Terrier
Some type of Spaniel (Or sausage dog.. not sure)
Shiba Inu
Rough Collie
Beagle (Puppy that trips)

Great Dane (Dog thats passing away)

Beagle (the hunter)
Husky (the timid one)
Boston Terrier/French Bulldog (The aggressive one)
Some type of sheparding dog (The clueless one)
A type of spaniel? Hard to tell as its a puppy (The intelligent one)
White German Shepard/Samoyed (The Piggy)
English Pointer (with the soldier)
Boxer (fighting with black cat)
Poodle (In show)
Pitbull? (Chasing mailman)

Hope that helps :)

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:27 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

^ Oh god, thats a great breakdown of breeds! I also noticed the breeds are very defined. I plays Sims 2 Pets yesterday, and the breeds were OKAY, but deffinately not as good as they are in Sims 3. We got some good breakdowns going!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:34 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Great breakdown of the trailer Swat and Charlie! :smile:

I'm super excited for this EP, it's going to be awesome to be able to play with Unicorns!

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:15 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Cate
The trailer was EPICALLY AWESOME!!! I laughed loudly when the puppy fell at :31-32... so cute! And :41-42 looks familiar, I see it everyday with my mare and her colt. <3 Foals look good! :D

Looks like they are doing better coat paint pattern colors for the horses.

The "Lazy" cat in the trailer sleeping looks like my cat Lucifer! His petsim is definitely getting the lazy trait!

... Oh... and YAY FOR UNICORN!!!! :love:

I wonder if we can breed to Unicorns in the game? If not, I'm betting there will be a hack/mod for it.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

lovcat, thanks for correcting me about the death animation that I thought was an alien abduction. Silly me!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:59 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Simstat wrote:
lovcat, thanks for correcting me about the death animation that I thought was an alien abduction. Silly me!

LOL It would be nice if they added alien abductions...oh well! Maybe in Seasons! :smile:

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:26 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Cate I waiting for you o see this trailer and comment! :D
I'm getting so excited for it now! Haha

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:01 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

The Console Version trailer is out! About to watch it, but apparently it was boring.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:14 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Even if it turns out that most of it is staged, this is the first sims3 EP that has given me the "I have to get this!!!" feeling.

Did anyone else notice that EA mention turtles as one of the animals you can play with at the end of the trailer? The list moves really fast, but I'm sure I saw turtles.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Claire17 wrote:
Even if it turns out that most of it is staged, this is the first sims3 EP that has given me the "I have to get this!!!" feeling.

Did anyone else notice that EA mention turtles as one of the animals you can play with at the end of the trailer? The list moves really fast, but I'm sure I saw turtles.

I ought to download the US version and play it in slowmo! Let me do that now!

PLAY WITH:
Dogs
Cats
Horses
Mailmen
Milkbones
Kittens
LifeLong friends
Playing Dead
Fleas
Hay
Puppies
Claws
Saddles
Foals
Lizards
Turtles
Blue Macaws
Ants
Falcons

I highlighted the ones that are actual animals

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:42 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Yes, Charlie! :D You should get on IM more often. D:

I paused the new trailer video to screenshot some of the new breeds of cats:

Spoiler:

I want the panda dog or tiger dog... damn console version! I'll just keep my hopes up for a hack/mod for PC. :)

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
That trailer is AWESOME! I really can't wait for this EP. The pet grooming machine looks cool!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:00 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I really want to see how barns work! This EP is going to be great!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:48 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Swatme101 wrote:
I really want to see how barns work! This EP is going to be great!!!

Me too! Especially the stalls that look like objects. They may work similar to doghouses/cat-houses where the horses sleep and possibly whoo-hoo?

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:51 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Claire17 wrote:
Even if it turns out that most of it is staged, this is the first sims3 EP that has given me the "I have to get this...

Ditto.

Also am wondering how the stalls work. I think you might be right on about being like dog houses.. I wonder if they need to be attatched to a wall like toilets do, or can we have free standing stalls outside? I hope there is an invisible version so you can have more control over what your building. I sense a lot of people who have built ranches/farms in advance redoing them! :P

EDIT: just watched the console trailer. It doesn't look a patch on pc! Maybe other players will release that the sims SHOULD be played on a pc. Not an xbox! It's nice to see some added interactions which I am sure will be on pc as well, like the laser pen for cats.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next