View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Generations Bugs/Glitches 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Generations Bugs/Glitches
I'm still having trouble with the "The Sims 3 has stopped responding and needs to close..." windows dialog that screws my game to closing.

I've come to believe it's my OS being too old. I believe this, because, DEP isn't working right. The list is never constant. It keeps resetting and changing what's on it. The best I can do is add TS3W.exe to it everytime before i launch the game, but that only serves as temp relief. I had a 3 hour game spree before it happened yesterday. So that's good. I've just been saving a lot.

I wonder if it's to do with a big save file. Because it seems as soon as I play too long the game crashes..

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 pm

What's your OS?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:46 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Windows Vista. I'm gonna see if there are any updates.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:15 am
Simmer
Simmer

Windows vista shouldn't be a problem. It ran fine when I still had windows XP.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

At that token though, I think Vista could be a problem. I need a fresh OS install, to be completely honest. My game has been crashing left and right. I've gotten used to it, but I'm also too lazy to see whether it's because my neighborhood exploded or what.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:41 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I'm having inventory issues. I had a sim give another sim some painting via the gift option and they were not in receiving sim's inventory when I switched houses back. Also, I had a sim go to Shang Simla and buy a bunch of stuff from the market while there. The training dummy (or whatever it is) and board breaker that should have been in the family inventory were not there.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Simmer
Simmer

Another bug... when someone my sim knows dies, their name only shows up in the notification half of the time. The other half, it's just a double empty space.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:19 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
NekaraNef wrote:
Another bug... when someone my sim knows dies, their name only shows up in the notification half of the time. The other half, it's just a double empty space.

I always thought that was for fish dying if they have them in an aquarium... guess not.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:15 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

A known bug that has crept in after the June patch....a sim taking a picture will cause that Sim to freeze. Need to reset Sim to continue. This makes the photography hobby unusable.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:47 pm
Simmer
Simmer

It's an old bug? I didn't know that. But no, my sims didn't have any fish. And even if they had one... it's still a bug :P.

Found another one:

Pillow fighting seriously decreased the relationship between my sims. It's supposed to be 'fun', playing with each other and whacking each other with the pillow, but if I go by social effect, it's even worse than arguing.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:07 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

I don't know the right terminology, but the portraits of my sims family on the left side (part of the interface, where you select different sims) all disappeared. :sad: The last sim I selected before I quit last night is the only one I can control, and he doesn't have a portrait on the left either. No cheats have worked like resetSim. I also tried tab, f1, and that kind of thing. I tried a different household in a different neighborhood and it worked fine, but this house is my legacy and I finally got all the generation 2 sims to young adult (parents wanted 5 kids)....really don't want to have to give up.. :no: I have barely any custom content. I tried moving them out but it was stuck in processing for about seven minutes before I force quit the game. I wish they would give us a patch to fix all these bugs already.... :cry:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:55 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
Gunderson105 wrote:
A known bug that has crept in after the June patch....a sim taking a picture will cause that Sim to freeze. Need to reset Sim to continue. This makes the photography hobby unusable.

That happened to me just recently. Accutally, the camera worked fine for the first little while then all of a sudden, nothing. :(

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Since Generations/Update I have been getting error codes (when trying to save) left and right and I've also been crashing consistently.

I've done the DEP trick and it has reduced the amount of times the game has crashed on me but once in a blue moon my game still crashes.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:00 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Phoenix wrote:
I'm having this problem where the main family on one of my game saves is near completely unselectable. The husband and wife are unaffected and can interact with each other and other sims, but the other five sims in the household have blanked out icons, are unselectable and uninteractable, and no cheats work on them.

Had this one. It was terrible. Thank God for backups.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Kira wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
I'm having this problem where the main family on one of my game saves is near completely unselectable. The husband and wife are unaffected and can interact with each other and other sims, but the other five sims in the household have blanked out icons, are unselectable and uninteractable, and no cheats work on them.

Had this one. It was terrible. Thank God for backups.

I had a backup, but for some reason all three times I tried playing any of the backups the glitch would happen again, always at the same point in time. I ended up cloning that family in another neighborhood.

Today I realized I had a glitch. The single ghost on the lot came out once, a few days after he died, and never went back to his grave. It's so annoying having him hog the computer in the middle of the day. He's being wandering around the house for over a sim week now. :stare:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:22 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Phoenix wrote:
I had a backup, but for some reason all three times I tried playing any of the backups the glitch would happen again, always at the same point in time. I ended up cloning that family in another neighborhood.

Eek! Now that's really terrible. I would cry if that happened to me. It could still happen to me. I backed up a few days in game. I could have sworn I saved later in my game when I started the game up today. It was kinda weird.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

I've also noticed alot of quirky behavior with elevators. Pathfinding issues, Sims stuck in place, sims not going to work/school.
Also it was in the house when 2 twins became unplayable (had green boxes where their avatars were). I Copied the family back into the Sim Bin, bulldozed the house and replaced them back in the neighborhood. This way the twins were playable again, but it stinks that all their relationships with non household members were gone, and being I was doing Legacy, their family tree was only those in the house, and not siblings that moved out, or Grandparents that passed away :(

I've deleted my elevator and replaced it with a spiral staircase instead. Game runs alot better now

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:38 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Yeah, the whole family tree demolition sucks :( That recently happened to me, but it was the source of my problem, so i had to happen. I remember all the grandparents and have a backup save if I ever wanted to go look at it again, but it sucks starting the tree over again. I just loved going to family tree and seeing how in depth the ties were in the neighborhood, and how cool story progression laid everything out. It'll happen again.

Anyways, I avoid elevators like the plauge. In bridgeport I replaced them all and they seem to work a lot better (someone on here tipped me on this).

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:52 pm
Simmer
Simmer

Family trees haven't worked for me for ages. Not since... ambitions, I think. It won't go back any further than the grandparents, and then just freeze.

Seven more things I ran into:
1) My sims tend to stand around aimlessly a lot. For example, when I tell them to go to bed, they walk up to the bed, then stand still doing nothing for like one or two sim hours, before finally getting into bed. This isn't exactly new, but it used to be less... severe.
2) Additional paintings (easle ones) vanish when you've added a certain amount of paintings to a lot. The numbers seem to differ per lot.
3) My sim reached the 'adult' stage, and got one of those red 'must-complete-or-go-to-shrink' wishes, a la middle life crisis. But I could right-click and remove the wish without a problem.
4) A Paparazi entered my house, even though I didn't invite him inside. This only happened once, so I'm hoping it's a one-time glitch, but I had to reset him to get rid of him.
5) In another family, one of the kids they were taking care of never left after the daycare hours were finished. Round 11 PM, I resetted the kid to get rid of him which, of course, worked. But the next day he showed up dead-tired and starved to death. Only crappy rating my daycare worker ever got.
6) This has been happening from the start, but for some reason I didn't really notice it before. Or rather... it was kinda funny: when the family brings in the toddlers for daycare, the parents are invisible, usually until they put the kid down on the ground. This is probably just lag rather than a genuine bug, but watching five toddlers floating into your home is just downright creepy!
7) In the memories, the name of the person who died is lost often. The memory title just says ' died'.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

all these problems ,when they are going to arrange them? with pets the problems will be worst ,so why bother to buy it?
I have another bug or glitch or what the hell.
when I make friends and I save the game and reload agian I have no friends at all not even family.
apart that generations is the worst expansion of them all it also have the worst update, because it really messed up my game,infact I gave up "I don't play the sims anymore".

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next