View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
come hither
come hither

Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
bunk beds would have been a great addition to sims 2 university.. why didn't they do that! My bed was lofted and my roommates had a bunk bed.
They also didn't have roommates for any rooms :[
But this isn't Uni so.. yes the lofted bed looks cool, but who would have a bed lofted in a normal home?

Mon May 16, 2011 7:13 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Yeah. I really hope with the ladder animations they can make ladders for Sims 3. Those came in so much handy in Sims 2.

Mon May 16, 2011 8:01 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Swatme101 wrote:
Yeah. I really hope with the ladder animations they can make ladders for Sims 3. Those came in so much handy in Sims 2.

It would be cool if clumsy sims actually fall off the ladder lol

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

My whore sims who have 8 kids with 8 different fathers, are going to love how much space these bunkbeds save! 2 for 1!

Tue May 17, 2011 12:30 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I love the bunkbeds, I had one of those beds with a desk underneath when I was young, so my sim-kids will definitely get one too ;) And I have some families with a lot of kids but no room (so now they all have separate beds but it's really cramped), so the bunkbeds are great! I can have one room for the girls and one for the boys, and still room to spare (for desks and toys). Love it love it love it!

I'm also liking the circular stairs, but I'm really hoping for easy ways of constructing L- and U-shaped stairs, or even T-shaped. But well, circular stairs are good too, for now ;)

At first I didn't think I would get Generations, but I think I'll like this EP as it does what I want EPs to do; add to the everyday life of sims (instead of adding external things to do, like vacation/adventures).

Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I have to agree with you on the stairs. I've been dying for U shaped stairs. And well, others would be nice too. :]

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
aren't L shape and u shaped stairs do-able with foundations?

Tue May 17, 2011 7:06 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Charlie wrote:

Yeah, but that's lame since it warps the walls. It's better with semi-foundation, the stages we got in Sims 2.

Tue May 17, 2011 7:38 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Səphiroth wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Yeah, but that's lame since it warps the walls. It's better with semi-foundation, the stages we got in Sims 2.

I was so mad when i found of the LN stages weren't like that.. I was like, really guys?

Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 pm
Simmer
Simmer

Name: Nic
Weeeeeeeeee! Can't wait to use the cabin beds! Space saver, and look good too!

I'm hoping we can mess about with the stairs a bit more too, the stairs are so boring in the TS3, I want to be able to make stairs that sort of go back on themselves half way up (if that makes sense). Think it adds a bit of change to the houses. My houses always end up looking dead boring.

Tue May 17, 2011 9:22 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Meg
this is the only sims 3 expansions that really appeals to me. i only play for the everyday life aspects of the game and im not one to want to go on holidays or to night clubs or whatever. i got ambitions to improve my sims worklife. but holy i am excited for this game to be released!

Wed May 18, 2011 10:29 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Looking at the video at Gamespot here:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/puzzle/the-s ... eo/6314152

I am much more excited about the adult stuff than I am the teen stuff. The bachelor/bachelorette parties, weddings, honeymoons, etc. -- great! And I see Sims can finally woohoo in the shower, or have I missed that in a previous expansion?

Thu May 19, 2011 3:43 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Lies within the first 20 seconds. "we listened to what the fans wanted". Sure ya did. Loads of seasons and pets in this EP. Also be careful how you listen simstat, EA are tricky, but he said "they go through a honeymoon PHASE" an then it showed a shot of the sims on sunset valley beach. He doesn't say "they can go on honeymoons" it's more than likely a moodlet that lasts a few sim days. I'm starting to get really freaking tired of having to dissect what EA say because it's so obviously a lie. And what happened to interviews being spontaneous?? They had planned what the were going to say to the extent of having the appropriate footage to play.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:03 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I think I read that if you have World Adventures -- which I never got -- you can actually send your just-married Sims on a honeymoon. Guess we'll see.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:10 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Charlie wrote:
Lies within the first 20 seconds. "we listened to what the fans wanted". Sure ya did. Loads of seasons and pets in this EP. .

I wanted this. Badly. So did many others. Couldn't care less about pets. Can wait for Seasons.

I wouldn't call them liars just because they didn't listen to a particular group and listened to a separate group.

Fri May 20, 2011 2:06 am
come hither
come hither

Nocturne'sRequiem wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Lies within the first 20 seconds. "we listened to what the fans wanted". Sure ya did. Loads of seasons and pets in this EP. .

I wanted this. Badly. So did many others. Couldn't care less about pets. Can wait for Seasons.

I wouldn't call them liars just because they didn't listen to a particular group and listened to a separate group.

A lot of people put what he put in the gamespot comments section and others liked the posts.
To say that you listened to the fans is to say that you listened to a MAJORITY of the fans, and the number one and two requests by a majority of the fans since the beginning of this game have been for pets and seasons... A minority have asked for a few fun things to do for each life stage and an elaborate pranking system as there number 1 demand.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:57 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Hardly.

To say that you listened to the fans...

Is saying exactly that.

Likewise, insert [whatever other site] and you'll see a great deal of people are thrilled with this pack and what it offers.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I've always said I'd like an EP that expands on the everyday life of the sims (just more interactions, more interesting life stages, etc), and that is exactly what Generations is doing. So they did listen to me. But I also said I'd love seasons, a university-style EP and a real apartment EP (the apartments in LN are fun, but I liked the TS2-style aparments better), and I've always said I'd want more building options. So... EA should've paid more attention to what I was saying :( ;)
(As for pets; I love real life pets, but I've never really liked them in The Sims games :shy: I don't know, there's just so much other stuff I find more important (seasons, building options, more everyday stuff) and I've always found pets too much hassle :shy: )

But I understand Generations, Late Night and Ambitions. World Adventures is still quite weird as a first EP.

Fri May 20, 2011 4:21 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Yeah... About WA... I dont think that people will realize that it is actually a fun EP until most of the EP's are released. For the record I think that WA>AMB. I'm still wanting a Seasons EP and an EP that opens up community lots more such as clothing stores, restaurants, etc.

Andijvie, what more building options would you want?

Fri May 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Charlie wrote:
Lies within the first 20 seconds. "we listened to what the fans wanted". Sure ya did. Loads of seasons and pets in this EP.

Okay, we all know I hate Generations and I can't believe that EA is charging us $40 for a mega-stuff pack. However, this EP was them listening to the fans. Many people asked for more stuff for children and more family stuff. The problem was that, while they did listen to the fans, their amount of effort put into the game is still very lacking.

By the way, pets is coming next. I don't know why people are still whining about the lack of them when it's coming out in October.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next