View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
Scryer wrote:
What I'm finding particularly interesting right now is the graduation photo. It looks like it's possible that the guy in the picture (with his two elder parents) could be a young adult sim.. I mean, he looks pretty tall. Sure it looks a little staged but that means that EA went through the effort to create a graduation outfit just to have it staged. And I have my doubts surrounding the fact that EA would create an outfit just to stage it.

Do you think Young Adult classes or college would be a possible feature then? Do you think this could be a university EP? Maybe that's why SV is the neighborhood. Maybe there will not be a neighborhood, and rather a UNI neighborhood. . . Nahh.. that'stoo much wishful thinking.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:35 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Scryer wrote:
What I'm finding particularly interesting right now is the graduation photo. It looks like it's possible that the guy in the picture (with his two elder parents) could be a young adult sim.. I mean, he looks pretty tall. Sure it looks a little staged but that means that EA went through the effort to create a graduation outfit just to have it staged. And I have my doubts surrounding the fact that EA would create an outfit just to stage it.

Could this be a clue that some features from the Sims 2 University is included?!?! That would be great. It would make sense to include it in Generations too. If EA put in graduation outfits in the game without any special event would be a waste of time. There's got to be some logic explanation for everything

Once again, I'm trying to contain myself lol. :gig:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

If there are universities, they are simply going to be rabbit holes. And where are the pillow fights?!?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:53 am

Bit of a random point to bring up but, I think EA is bringing out these types of expansion packs because they want to make expansions that haven't already been made for the Sims 1 or 2 (although a lot of the 'themes' seen in the trailer are very familiar to those in the Sim 2 Family Fun Stuff Pack (Princess, dragon)).

Anyway, in my opinion I think this game may be better than it looks and there is a lot more it can offer, but I have to say; if the trailer hadn't mentioned it 'being an expansion pack' I'd probably seen it as being a stuff pack.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 am
Enchantment
Enchantment

Name: Lauren
Well, some cool things about the trailer I noticed....

1) There's a slide coming from the treehouse, and the treehouse does look pretty cool I have to admit
2)Right at the treehouse scene, you can see the teeter-totter in the righthand corner
3) I'm trying to figure out what the picture is of in the very first scene at :09 seconds, the picture right above the one with the stroller, it looks like they're giving something to the toddler? I'm not sure

Maybe there is college? Maybe the stinkbomb is at a college? It's far-fetched I know. But if theres really prom, and that graduation picture is real, it could happen? Or maybe we'll see into schools now? I'm not sure, but I'm hoping "pulling pranks" isnt the only new thing for teens

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:21 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

chippy wrote:
Could this be a clue that some features from the Sims 2 University is included?!?! That would be great. It would make sense to include it in Generations too. If EA put in graduation outfits in the game without any special event would be a waste of time. There's got to be some logic explanation for everything

Once again, I'm trying to contain myself lol. :gig:

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves yet :nod: . We don't have proof that the sim in the graduation photo is a young adult. I don't have my sims games on me (god I am so deprived) so I'm going to suggest that someone make 2 elder sims, a young adult sim, and a teen sim and set them up to match the graduation photo in the trailer. Which is two elder "parents" in the back and the teen/young adult inbetween and infront of them. That way we can compare sizes and whatnot.

If the young adult "graduation" picture matches with the screenshot from the trailer then that means that there might be more to this EP than what's being shown in the trailer. If the teen "graduation" picture matches with the trailer screenshot, then it's probably just a high-school graduation.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:36 am
come hither
come hither

I think the sims 3 site should go ahead and confirm generations already. And while there at it they might as well make a page for unleashed too since everyone knows about it as well.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:34 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I'm going to be a skeptic about Prom, and the other possibly staged events happening in the trailer. EA is famous for dressing up their trailers.

Although, I'll also speculate that maybe each age group has an event, and graduation/prom party is one of them(like a graduation party opportunity kind of thing). We do know they have mid life crisis in the adult stage, so it's likely each stage will have some form of an event that plays upon the age group.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:54 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Profplumbob wrote:
I'm going to be a skeptic about Prom, and the other possibly staged events happening in the trailer. EA is famous for dressing up their trailers.

Although, I'll also speculate that maybe each age group has an event, and graduation/prom party is one of them(like a graduation party opportunity kind of thing). We do know they have mid life crisis in the adult stage, so it's likely each stage will have some form of an event that plays upon the age group.

Hopefully this is a case, any hopefully a new system will be along side this. I really hope this EP is good. I want it, but it needs a bit more for it to be $40. So expensive now a days!!!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:38 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
i think they only added spiral stairs because they knew noone would buy otherwise. That isi f this is a fall back EP

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:19 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

hunter wrote:
i think they only added spiral stairs because they knew noone would buy otherwise. That isi f this is a fall back EP

Like that will make me buy it. I've never understood the obsession with spiral stairs. I mean taking up a very small bit of space is really nice, but I've never loved them.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:21 am
come hither
come hither

the teeter totter and the tree house and the slip and slide were definitely nice.. but still, no sandbox for toddlers? how about a wading pool? seriously people! I mean if the game is about objects give us more than just a couple.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:27 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Scryer wrote:
...so I'm going to suggest that someone make 2 elder sims, a young adult sim, and a teen sim and set them up to match the graduation photo in the trailer. Which is two elder "parents" in the back and the teen/young adult inbetween and infront of them. That way we can compare sizes and whatnot.

If the young adult "graduation" picture matches with the screenshot from the trailer then that means that there might be more to this EP than what's being shown in the trailer. If the teen "graduation" picture matches with the trailer screenshot, then it's probably just a high-school graduation.

Has anyone tried checking this out yet? I mean it could be a good time-killer before they officially announce Generations :dance: .

And, God! It's the middle of freaking March and we haven't heard a goddamn thing about this franchise since October!

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:16 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

It's because they are focusing all their energies on Medieval. Can't you hear the faint sounds of milking going on in the background?

Bless EA and their crappy spin-offs. Then again, maybe not.

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:38 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

jonny159 wrote:
It's because they are focusing all their energies on Medieval. Can't you hear the faint sounds of milking going on in the background?

Aw...you're not interested in the Sims Medieval?? :gig:

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:43 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

chippy wrote:
jonny159 wrote:

I don't think very many of us are.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

chippy wrote:

No, because I'm interested in The Sims, I always have been. Far before they started on these sub-par spin-offs.

I won't rant about my opinions on Medieval again, but I am a fan of "The Sims".

You know what's funny? EA should be acquiring far more profit these days with all these spin-offs they keep wasting time on, and you would think that money could be well spend on the actual Sims franchise to make it better, yet we got The Sims 3? :meh:

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:55 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

jonny159 wrote:
chippy wrote:

No, because I'm interested in The Sims, I always have been. Far before they started on these sub-par spin-offs.

I won't rant about my opinions on Medieval again, but I am a fan of "The Sims".

You know what's funny? EA should be acquiring far more profit these days with all these spin-offs they keep wasting time on, and you would think that money could be well spend on the actual Sims franchise to make it better, yet we got The Sims 3? :meh:

I understand what you're saying :wink: The only reason why I'm getting the Sims Medieval is because I've always enjoyed the Medieval times and thought it was a nice combination with the Sims and the time period. What sparked my interest is me playing Assassin's Creed games, Robin Hood, and Age of Empires II.

Everyone is different, but I'll be happy to share my opinions overall on the game as soon as I try it out.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:05 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Medieval may be a fun game, I don't know as I haven't played it. I wouldn't mind EA creating games like this, but it annoys me when they put it in the same genre as The Sims. The same goes for MySims, that was a real punch in the face to the dedicated Sims fans.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:11 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

jonny159 wrote:
Medieval may be a fun game, I don't know as I haven't played it. I wouldn't mind EA creating games like this, but it annoys me when they put it in the same genre as The Sims. The same goes for MySims, that was a real punch in the face to the dedicated Sims fans.

Oh yeah, I didn't like MySims...at all. I bought a used MySims Kingdom game for the DS for like $10. For some reason, I couldn't complete a single task lol......... :shift: Oh well! No more MySims for me after that experience lol

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next