View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
come hither
come hither

Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
Well I guess we will have to boycott it. I wonder what reviewers will rate this EP.
It seems like reviewers always give sims eps somewhere between a 7 or an 8 out of 10. I swear EA pays these game rating places to give all there EP's good ratings no matter what.
I mean they have enough money to advertise all over the net for the stuff.

I was thinking this EP could have been good, but after seeing what they did with the children clothing, and, what, 5 fun new objects? Nope.
Granted the flaming poo bag would be fun to have in my game.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:27 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Of course, there are people on The Sims 3 forum who are like "OMG!!! This will be the best EP EVER!!!". I don't understand. They even go as far as to still argue "We don't know enough about this game to judge it" but of course they can judge it, we just can't.

I know it's The Sims 3 forum and there lots of fangirls/fanboys over there, but still... I've even seen one say "You wanted University in this EP? It's already so full to begin with!" How can they be so blind?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:21 am
come hither
come hither

did you write about wanting university in the ep on the forums? Yeah, trailers for eps only show the best stuff, and if the best stuff from this ep is a poo bag and a tree house, I'm not getting it!
A real working boy scouts would be fun, but it would have been added in the trailer. (not just a kid wearing the scouts medal, which could just be a part of the outfit, knowing EA.) A real working prom would be fun, but the trailer would have shown the sims in the school slow dancing, not outside of the school posing. When that could be easily staged, or the prom could be a rabbit hole event.
I like the egging because I've done it before and it reminds me of my youthful days of being a rascal, but one nostalgic reminder of my past doesn't merrit the ep.

I was optimistic about the ep before the trailer, I admit it. But everyone else was right. They were to busy shipping barnacle bay to stores and making medievel and pets to care for this ep.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:30 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I'm fairly surprised no one noticed the camcorder in the trailer, at 0:12 on the floor, and being used by the little girl at 1:16.

I will definitely buy this EP... When it drops to SP price. :wink:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:55 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
3 WORDS... SPIRAL STAIRS PEOPLE.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:57 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
hunter wrote:

YEah That Is FU#%ing Great that they put in :dance2: :happy: :hi5:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I just watched the trailer. Color me very unimpressed. The treehouse looks cool but otherwise.... meh. And WHAT is EA's obsession with vomiting???

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:27 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Infinite Tias wrote:
hunter wrote:

YEah That Is FU#%ing Great that they put in :dance2: :happy: :hi5:

Its probably gonna be the only reason why i get this EP, i already have LA noire to get, Crysis 2, Saints row: The third (Chaaa), Dead Island, Sims 3 Unleashed.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:30 pm

After watching the trailer, I kinda am more interested in it. Seems like it does concentrate a lot more on the toddler to teen years as well as the elder years, BUT, it also seems like its taking a lot of things from the sims 2 that they didn't add into the base game so.. its nothing really new for anyone who has been playing the sims longer than since the sims 3 came out. They should have added a wedding cake in the base game. Idk. I'll probably buy it anyways. :laugh:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

:O I just saw the trailer for The Sims 3 Unleashed! Can't wait for that. :D

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:33 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I guess I am just easily bought, because I personally can't wait for this EP. I'm excited for announcements and features. I have a feeling there is a underlining new feature that will suprise everyone. Either way, I want it.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Has nobody noticed Youtube in the video?? I think with the new camcorder, you can record special events, and actually post them online in the game (for other sims to see). I also think that your own sim could browse through new videos of their friends on their Youtube. I think this is a neat feature if that's how it works (hopefully!)

I can understand what everyone is saying about how all these new interactions and very little new objects could've/should've been in the base game to begin with. I completely agree with that. I feel that all these new animations should've been in the base game as well.

I would buy this game since I probably won't get anything new until October (Unleashed). I'm really interested in the new toddler-teen interactions, and hopefully it would make those time periods a lot more interesting than what we already have. Hopefully EA would send out more information about Generations soon..

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:57 pm
come hither
come hither

how do we know teenagers get to do anything more than just the 3 pranks shown? Pranks are fun, but is that it for them? (assuming the prom is a rabbit hole, which would be super lazy for ea. I won't even count it as a feature because it would function like going to school only wearing a formal outfit.)

Toddlers get a seesaw... its an awesome object, but one object? the ep is based on every age group having more fun, and they even got lazy on that!

children get a tree house... again, one object, right? (granted they can probably use the slipnslide as well.)

No board games for the family?

Then we get wedding stuff for the adults (was in the base game for sims 2), and a video camera.

There has to be another feature to this ep. Like seriously, how will they advertise this ep if there are no big features? Some people say this looks like free time, but I think it looks worse than free time.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:23 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Justin much? wrote:
the ep is based on every age group having more fun, and they even got lazy on that!
There has to be another feature to this ep. Like seriously, how will they advertise this ep if there are no big features? Some people say this looks like free time, but I think it looks worse than free time.

You're absolutely right. The EP IS based on every age group having more fun. It would make sense if EA added big features PER age group. I think the pranks are great for teenagers because that's sometimes typical of teenagers (and adults with Inappropriate Trait) I sure hope that Prom would be like the wedding event but with random teens showing up at the Prom venue. I did see a limo there, and hopefully it teens could actually take dates to the venue. Something like that.

We'll just have to wait until EA release more information on each age group. I really like the camcorder idea in the game where you could actually record within the game, and display the video on the tv/internet (I really hope this isn't staged!! )

I have a feeling that in the next couple of weeks, we will get a lot more information.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:33 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Justin much? wrote:

Unfortunately there doesn't have to be.

Go over to The Sims 3 forum, there are bunch of people already saying "OMG!!!! Best EP ever!!!!".

There is no substance to this EP at all. Everybody's going to realize it after they spend $40 on it. (although somehow there are still many that won't. lol)

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

chippy wrote:
Has nobody noticed Youtube in the video?? I think with the new camcorder, you can record special events, and actually post them online in the game (for other sims to see). I also think that your own sim could browse through new videos of their friends on their Youtube. I think this is a neat feature if that's how it works (hopefully!)

There's no truth in that little segment. Maybe they can watch the events on TV, MAYBE. But no, that is completely staged and edited. Remember the stealing candy from a baby trailer? Just like that. You obviously cannot watch people from your Computer. It sucks that EA does that, but that's just how they advertise.

But anyways, I played the trailer at .25x speed, and found some things that are interesting, that you won't see or notice when you play it regularly.

Teeter-Totter:
No eggs actually fly:
Lava Lamps:
Graduation Outfit, Stagged or not stagged?
Theres the WiFi/USB Harddrive thing, but I'm sure you saw that. It's next to his laptop.

The Wine Bottle (Used for wine bottle prank or for actually drinking?)
SPIRAL STAIRS (But I think everyone got the notion that those were there.)
New Window:
New Statue: (Deco or actually achieveable? Most likely Deco.)

Alot of other stuff people saw, and are already dicussing. I'm just really wondering whether that boyscout's badge is actually achieveable or not. So I'm wondering if theres a new school rewards system. And maybe a new party system, or at least option. Idk. I hope there's more than what the trailer shows, honestly. Maybe this will bring swiming in the ocean!! HAHA LOLJK THAT'LL BE IN EXPANSION PACK 10.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:11 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Swatme101 wrote:
There's no truth in that little segment. Maybe they can watch the events on TV, MAYBE. But no, that is completely staged and edited. Remember the stealing candy from a baby trailer? Just like that. You obviously cannot watch people from your Computer. It sucks that EA does that, but that's just how they advertise.

Oh yeah I forgot about that...that sucks...but why would they show it twice in the video?? (I know, it's for advertisement) but I couldn't help noticing Grandma's reaction when she was watching the home video of a birthday party in the end. Oh well, I won't get my hopes up too much.

If it was staged, then what is the purpose of having a camcorder then?? Sims have regular cameras, where they can take pictures and gain photography skills already. (As well as hanging pictures on the wall...etc..)

I'm hoping that the camcorder would work and function like the sim's cameras and they could actually watch their videos, and gain cinematography skills.

Now there's a possibility! But again, you're right, it could be staged once again..knowing how EA is.......... :no:

Last edited by chippy on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:51 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

chippy wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

Oh yeah I forgot about that...that sucks...but why would they show it twice in the video?? (I know, it's for advertisement) but I couldn't help noticing Grandma's reaction when she was watching the home video of a birthday party in the end. Oh well, I won't get my hopes up too much.

If it was staged, then what is the purpose of having a camcorder then?? Sims have regular cameras, where they can take pictures and gain photography skills already. (As well as hanging pictures on the wall...etc..)

I'm hoping that the camcorder would work and function like the sim's cameras, except they could actually watch their videos, and gain cinematography skills.

Now there's a possibility! But again, you're right, it could be staged once again..knowing how EA is.......... :no:

Well, it's better to think less of it now and then be either unaffected by confirmation of such things, or be really excited and suprised when they weren't staged, lol

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Swatme101 wrote:
chippy wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

I'm hoping that the camcorder would work and function like the sim's cameras, except they could actually watch their videos, and gain cinematography skills.

Well, it's better to think less of it now and then be either unaffected by confirmation of such things, or be really excited and suprised when they weren't staged, lol

So True!! :gift:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

What I'm finding particularly interesting right now is the graduation photo. It looks like it's possible that the guy in the picture (with his two elder parents) could be a young adult sim.. I mean, he looks pretty tall. Sure it looks a little staged but that means that EA went through the effort to create a graduation outfit just to have it staged. And I have my doubts surrounding the fact that EA would create an outfit just to stage it.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next