View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations 
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Phoebe
Roleplay: Kenzie Jacobson
Post Re: Expansion Pack 4: The Sims 3 Generations
Doesn't this seem like stuff they should have put in the base game?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
The name really doesn't leave much up to the imagination. At the most it could be a mix between FreeTime and aspects of Seasons.
BUT now would be an awesome chance to throw in a few extra life stages - one between toddler and child, child and teen, and adult and elder.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:04 am
come hither
come hither

ooo more life stages that is an interesting thought!
Adding stuff a little more substantial than just objects and more socials.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:11 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

No one can really say whether this EP is going to be worth it or not, but if those three lines of text are the first thing EA are planning to tell us, then everyone has the right to be disappointed.

I wanted Seasons, but EA know us too well, and will keep that gem for around the 7th EP mark.

If this EP gives us more gameplay centered around the house, then I will be pleased, but it has to have worthwhile features that will change the way I play.

However, when they do announce it, they may throw in weather as a curve ball to really surprise us... Although that is wishful thinking. :con:

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:45 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
EA must have a cavity in their cerebral cortex, because this is just stupid. It looks like a rehash of FreeTime with some "family" elements in it... actually, it's just Family Fun Stuff with FreeTime. :|

Well, I hope it is worth buying because if not, then it's just a crappy excuse for an EP.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:10 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

It could turn out to be really good. I think that elders and children were always overlooked in The Sims games. If this EP brings more interactions and gameplay elements it could be what The Sims 3 is needing.

And who knows, generations means living through different moments in life and that could include seasons and holidays. Just wishful thinking here too.

So, I think we can only wait for more info, but so far TS3 have been quite good in my opinion.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 pm
come hither
come hither

Vəntus wrote:
Well, I hope it is worth buying because if not, then it's just a crappy excuse for an EP.

Then don't buy it.

I haven't bought a single expansion yet -_-
But i could see me liking this. I like stuff that blends into daily life well. And new life stages!! I've always thought preteen could be fun.
Days can be taken off the toddler, child, and elder stages to make up for the new stage.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:58 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Justin much? wrote:
Then don't buy it.

Fantastic idea. Except I'm sure everybody already has that one figured out. It doesn't mean that they can't have opinions over it, and that they can't be unhappy that it delays what they actually want for several months yet again.

"Don't buy it" isn't a solution to everything. It would be if all of the EP's were released at once, but they weren't.

Quote:
But i could see me liking this. I like stuff that blends into daily life well. And new life stages!! I've always thought preteen could be fun.
Days can be taken off the toddler, child, and elder stages to make up for the new stage.

No thanks. Preteens are just kids with an attitude even worse than teenagers. They're just kids pretending to be mature and pretending to be teenagers and failing at both.

I remember when I went through that phase. lol

Anyway, I'm a bit less pessimistic about this EP than I was yesterday. Still I'm not convinced that it was worth delaying Seasons yet again. The game is so dull without them.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:10 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Ugh... No more life-stages thank you very much. I definitely agree with what Radiant said about pre-teens and we already have the adult stage (the one after young adult) so I think that the transition into elderhood is covered. Offtopic: For TS4, I would like to see them get rid of life-stages entirely and just have sims age as time goes by. Like they would gradually get taller until they become an adult.. But it's way too far away in the future to even be thinking about TS4.

My wishful thinking is that it would still have seasons and weather and that EA is going to surprise us with the official announcement. The title "Generations" is very specific but it has a broad theme (being about time).

The best case scenario that I see (aside from weather) is that it adds more social structures to our sims' lives such as reputations for sims, family reputations, private schools, a carnival (I would freaking kill for this if they added it into one of the EP's); more activities for kids such as sock-hops, spelling-bee's, field-trips; more activities for teens such as prom-night (can't think of anything else lol).

But knowing EA, more activities for each age group = more opportunities.

I honestly feel that seasons/weather isn't completely out of the question yet.. Just waiting for the official announcement before I create my "I'm disappointed" thread.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:50 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
^ I kinda and wishfully thinking and hoping what you said may be true. I don't know. I feel like the topic is a lot wider than what that leak tells us. Generations just suggest time. But I think we're a bit early to hope for Pets or Seasons. But theres always a possibility. Idk. I hope they don't screw up Pets & Seasons like they screwed up appartments.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:01 am
come hither
come hither

Radiant wrote:
Justin much? wrote:
Then don't buy it.

Fantastic idea. Except I'm sure everybody already has that one figured out.

Well i was just saying that because i feel like erhama would buy it even if the idea sounded crappy... Idk something about completionists just bugs me. Also i do feel like don't buy it is a good argument. I bet if the previous eps were boycotted by everyone like i did, that they would throw out seasons or pets, knowing that we wanted those eps next and we weren't messing around! So yes, i am sticking by don't buy it, if everyone that wanted seasons and pets just didn't buy the other eps, then they would have been released by now bc the boycott would kill there funds.

Also back to generations, yes preteens are bratty and smart asses but i just feel like that young preteen love is the most honest love there is and it is so adorable <3
To see preteens giving "pecks" and what not.

And treehouses... that could be fun if done really well. like you could build the tree house, put sleeping bags in there, and other stuff like spin the bottle or something, and there could be like a rope swing attached to the tree and other cool stuff...
or you could just click hang out in tree house, and it would increase social and fun... and the hang out in tree house would have the same functions for it as being in a hot tub.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:14 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Unless they make tree houses rabbit holes. Which, given their track record, they're more than likely to do.
I still have no idea how they're going to come up with enough ideas and plans for this to constitute as an expansion pack. From the very limited description we've been given, it sounds more like a stuff pack. :\

[edit]
TS Medieval is confirmed to have collection folders included so, hopefully, we'll be getting them back with Generations!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:15 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Ðгคเк wrote:
Unless they make tree houses rabbit holes. Which, given their track record, they're more than likely to do.
I still have no idea how they're going to come up with enough ideas and plans for this to constitute as an expansion pack. From the very limited description we've been given, it sounds more like a stuff pack. :\

[edit]
TS Medieval is confirmed to have collection folders included so, hopefully, we'll be getting them back with Generations!

I am very inclined to agree with the stuff pack part. I, myself, don't see how "Generations" is going to have enough content to be an EP. It almost sounds like a less-appealing version of Ambitions.

But I'm still waiting for that official announcement before my opinions are final..

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:22 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: S
Maybe now they'll go much and much more into how sims interact with each other and how they react. More real life kinda things. And i would have no idea what else they could put in this generation Ep. We'll see.. I'll buy it non the less, once your addicted with the Sims you cant go back :love:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:11 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

More interactions an better AI would be great! Like for instance when they say TS3 would include that if you see your friend's husband cheat on her go and tell her about that. I always wanted TS3 to be like the CGI trailer for TS2 where you could see different generations and how kids could mess around in the house. If it is anything like that, then it would be great! :-D

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Something that I have always wanted in The Sims 3 and would fit perfectly with the title "Generations", is the addition of a calender. With this, you could plan activities in advance and keep a clearer note on when opportunities can be performed. I would like see to a weekly calender, with the day, week, month and then year to give the player the feel they are progressing through time. And what would go perfectly with this, changing seasons and weather, along with annual events such as Halloween and Christmas.

To be fair here, if EA just give us some new interactions and objects, then I won't be buying this EP, not as a statement of disappointment, more of the fact it doesn't appeal to me.

Late Night is the only EP I've enjoyed, but that still needs a lot tweaking to get right.

I would like them to move more towards everyday life gameplay, then opportunities and RPG missions.

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:44 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I'm excited for this pack because, despite it being basic, we've been missing a lot of the basic interactions and objects that make everyday life exciting for Sims (especially for those Sims who aren't (Young) Adults. I'm kinda seeing this pack as being a TS3 'Livin' Large' (at least until we get more info), it'll give us more stuff to make gameplay more interesting if we don't want to travel, work or become a celebrity, personally I haven't made a family (with different ages) in forever because it has been so boring to play them.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:55 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I think with every release that EA makes, there is a big chance of success or failure. I think that either way, this will be liked by some people, and not liked by others, kind of like how LN was. I'm curious to see if this is going to be more of a recreation or more of a new creation. Personally, I'm all up for expirimentation. I think the new aspects of Late Night are completely awesome, and on top of TS1 Superstar and TS2 Nightlife, they did a great job.

But what would The Sims 3: Generations take from the pool of ideas? Maybe family activities from TS2 Seasons? Would there be skill activities for kids like in TS2 OFB or FT? Would any of this even come close to TS1 because of the age groups? I'm REALLY curious to see where they are going.

My predicition is that it will be mostly new ideas with some old ideas thrown in (unlike how LN is old with new on top, and kind of like how AMB is new with old on top. Get my drift?)

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:25 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
So far the idea of this EP doesn't really excite me but I don't hate it either... I will definitely need more info before I can decide whether I like the idea or hate it. Lots of simmers have been wanting more interactions and things for kids and teens to do so maybe this will make those stages more interesting. I hope they start releasing some info but I guess we'll probably have to wait until June or so for it to be released.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:46 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

I think before this EP comes out, I want to play through those years, maybe that'll help me like the EP better. I've been through plenty of families, but idk.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next