View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Fed up with Bridgeport 
Simmer
Simmer

Name: Jamie
Post Fed up with Bridgeport
Any one else fed up with Bridgeport, sure its good to go to but don't really want my family to live there!

Pissed at Ea for not making it so you could go down town from ure original neighbourhood like the sims 2

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:57 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Michelle
Post Re: Fed up with Bridgeport
I'm fed up of Bridgeport as well but mostly due to the lenght of the time it takes to do stuff. By the time my sims actually enter a club/bar/lounge its closing time especially if they have to deal with an elevator. The only late night place I like is the Haunts dive bar.
So far I've abandoned Bridgeport to play with Sunset Valley by moving the haunts place to that hood and creating a few (lame) late night spots of my own.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:17 am
Simmer
Simmer

I put a dance club at the beach in twinbrook which looks good and remade The Red Rendezvous into a pub.

I put aload of families from Sunset valley in houses over there like the goths eg. even added Don Lotherio!

Now its alot better than Bridegport

I really hate elevators, too slow ea did crap with them!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:52 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Not a lot of love for Bridgeport...? I haven't got the EP yet but the new city looks exactly like what I've been looking for, a more urban setting for my Sims. Sunset Valley is a bit too bright and happy for my liking sometimes.

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
Well, Bridgeport is stunning to look at, but it's just so unplayable for me. Yeah it's fun to make your single vampire sim, put them in their expensive apartment and let them party all night, but then (after crying because your sim has been standing by an elevator for 3 days) you get bored of your one Sim, and you want them to have a family. The only way you can do this is by becoming a celebrity with lots of money and buying an expensive home, or building a house. Now for me, I can't build houses because I don't have the patience, so I bore of Bridgeport really easily. For someone who likes building houses and does it often, they can build family homes and play that way, I can't so it doesn't work. Oh wells, Twinbrook and SV are amazing. :3

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
It seems like the problem is spec based. Personally, the only thing I see wrong is the commute time, but thats actually correct. The idea is to get big and save up fro a really fast car to cruise around the city. I have no complaints as of yet. There are always a lot of celebs at the Hotspots. My sim works til 7pm, so I can only get him to places probably by 8:30pm, 9. But he's already a 4 star celeb. I just want to experiment with the publicly disgraced part of it. How does that work?

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:23 pm
Simmer
Simmer

It isn't spec based! I haven't had a problem wants at getting sims to clubs and pubs hotspot or not both times they got good amount of people in, the elevator was better in the sims 2!

I would of prevered them to keep it like the sims 2 but with an open neighbourhood

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:51 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Cate
I agree with the 'by the time you get there it's closing time'... I've had to tell my sims to leave the house or apartment 2-3 hours early just to get to the club/dance area.

It takes forever for the elevators to move/load on/load off. There is lag time I notice when your in a club/hang out/dance/bar, when you ask your sim to do something it takes them awhile to respond or actually follow through with the action if it's on another level or going up the stairs. By that time 45mins to an hour is gone.... so all in all your sim only does MAYBE 3-4 actions before it's time to leave. Of course you can download mods to have the clubs go 24 hours, which I'm tempted to download.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:29 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Shazoka wrote:
I agree with the 'by the time you get there it's closing time'... I've had to tell my sims to leave the house or apartment 2-3 hours early just to get to the club/dance area.

It takes forever for the elevators to move/load on/load off. There is lag time I notice when your in a club/hang out/dance/bar, when you ask your sim to do something it takes them awhile to respond or actually follow through with the action if it's on another level or going up the stairs. By that time 45mins to an hour is gone.... so all in all your sim only does MAYBE 3-4 actions before it's time to leave. Of course you can download mods to have the clubs go 24 hours, which I'm tempted to download.

I know for a fact that some of that random lag time, in my case, is awesome mod. it's been reported that after AM, there will be times where the sim just sits there waiting for their action to kick in. I notice this when my sim changes for work, he just stands there for 3-5 sim minutes. I could be the game, or AM, but i'm not sure. Generally speaking though, I cannot see too much of a lag. Elevators are weird, but for what they are worth, they match up with how fast the rest of the game works. I think maybe i have a problem because of the ammount of sims that are around, rather than loading. Idk.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:05 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
Laggy, annoying, unplayable, and elevator rape pisses me the hell off. It would be faster in Sims 2, and in Sims 2 you could only have 2 people at max. (At least in Sims 2 you could use the fire escape -.-)

The vampires are awesome, and so are the celebs, but damnit, it's so unplayable. I'd rather have a beach with loads of low night clubs with basements than a fun filled city. At least then I'd be able to play it.

I am Electra Heart.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:39 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

So the general consensus would be that this EP is not a good way to spend Christmas money? lol

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:23 am
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
@Envious, no, still get it, it's a really good game, lots of great features and lovely items for CAS and Build/Buy, just don't get your hopes up for Bridgeport unless your system surpasses the games requirements twice... and a half. xD

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Simmer
Simmer

Yeah its still a good game andf i like all the new features in it, like it how other sims will have houseparties now and invite you to them, thats good!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:39 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I think it's a good 'hood for single Sims but not a good place for kids. Just not much to do. And I've come to hate elevators and high-rise living. By the time you phone anyone and he/she actually arrives at your apartment, so many game hours have gone by that there's no point in going out anymore. I'm going to put my Bridgeport Sims in small houses so they can spend more time really doing stuff and less time waiting for the **** elevators.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:32 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Andi
I love the ep but hate hate hate Bridgeport this is one instance where I can say that the problems are def not the computers (well some of them aren't) my cpu is way above what the required specs are and I haven't had any problems with any ep's until this one. I don't play Bridgeport at all its a huge disappointment. It does take a long time to get anywhere it's ridiculous. I don't have mods or cc at all so I know it's not my end. I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet I'm actually shocked usually they're good about getting patches out so I don't know what their problem is. I love how Bridgeport looks and it would be great to play if it were playable. They should have def made it like sims 2 where you can go downtown from any hood not make it it's own hood :no:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I mostly play Los Aniegos anyway.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:34 pm
Simmer
Simmer

After playing in Bridgeport I have to say, I agree with that it sucks. It's laggy, the elevators stop working and there are a million cars stuck everywhere with no drivers.

I'm sure its not AM, since this started happening waaay before I started using AM...

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:45 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Radiant wrote:
So the general consensus would be that this EP is not a good way to spend Christmas money? lol

I think Late Night is the best ep yet and Bridgeport is the best town. Everyone has different opinions so you might as well get it then you can try it out for your self

Thu May 12, 2011 5:25 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Why does Bridgeport remind me of Liberty City?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]