View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Has Anyone Figured This Out? 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Has Anyone Figured This Out?
[deleted]

Last edited by DeleteThisAccount on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:14 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: Has Anyone Figured This Out?
I'm currently urbanising sunset valley as we speak. CAW is not needed, it can all be done in game, with a few simple buttons.

Bulldoze Tool
Edit World Tool

^

There you have it. Bulldoze gets rid of houses/community locations on one click, then click the now empty lot to remove the lot entirley, if thats whats desired.

Edit world tool allows you to place new lots and new objects on and off of lots, and also remove exsisting ones. I.e; sunset valley has too many trees, so i delete some, and place a skyscraper and some burnt out cars instead.

That is all you need :]

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:05 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

@Charlie

I'm going to try that tonight, but is there a way to remove hills and such? I love sunset and i'd like to just add a few more roads and the clubs. I could really do without the apartments and buildings and their elevators lol.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:25 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

[deleted]

Last edited by DeleteThisAccount on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:33 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
I've only found out today that it needs some serious flattening and stuff.
And yes, that is impossible, I'm sorry to say.
BUT I think if you load up CAW there is a saved map of sunset valley?? I could be wrong on that, but I thought there was.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:39 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Yes you can! :dance2: I was so thankful to find this a week ago and revive Coconut Island after losing the CAW files eons ago. I'm also expanding Sunset Valley with all the expansion additions and new neighborhoods. but the big worlds can get wonky so make sure to SAVE OFTEN. you'll need S3PE to do it, not difficult.

Here's the link for how they did it, but I'll post the steps for ya tho to make it easier
http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread ... artcomment

1. Open CAW. Make a new world, large 300 flat map. Save it and close CAW.

2. Open S3PE. Open the .world file that you want to edit (for example France, from Program Files\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\France.world ) - select all the resources and export as files, to an empty folder.

3. Close the premade .world file, and open the .world file made in CAW in step 1.

4. Import all the resources exported in step 2. Replace duplicates, use resource names, and compress are ticked. Save.

5. Open the edited file in CAW and SAVE AS and rename the world. Now you can go about editing in game and saving without crashing!

that's about it!

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]