View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Fame and Music/Athletic career question! 

Post Fame and Music/Athletic career question!
Hey guys, just wondering...if you get to the top of the music or sport career are u still considered a celebrity and have 4 or 5 stars? Or do u have to become a celebrity though the new ways only?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:39 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Post Re: Fame and Music/Athletic career question!
Reaching the top of the Film/Music/Athletics career tracks do not make you a celebrity however with the skills and money that you would have acquired from that job you can impress celebrities and therefore gain celebrity levels very easily.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:36 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Since this topic has to do with Music career ,am I doing something wrong I formed a band went to city hall and registered as a band ,I was working in the movie career I had to leave because you can't have 2 jobs and I been playing for about 5 sims days and no gigs yet?
but I'm feeling that the game is not working properly there are few people in the bars and restaurants My sim had 4 stars and was only a best boy in the movie career every where he goes they take photos of him and when he was at the movie career they where sending him to buy them lunch :mad:

this game is so lame? or do I have something wrong with My two computers.

even when something pops up like when he has to go to the bookstore for a signing of a book the pop up comes up but when I press the pop up so he will obey the command the pop up goes out.

has this happened to anyone else? I'm really dissapointed with these issues.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:02 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

I'm getting the same issues as you, I don't get gigs and my clubs aren't full. I guess we'll just have to wait for a patch! :no:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:06 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I can't speak to the "getting band gigs" issue 'cause I haven't tried it yet, but I find some of the clubs dead and some full. You can read every morning in the newspaper which place is the hot spot of the day. I've also read that your computer specs may have something to do with how many Sims can be in a club or bar. When one is busy, I usually see about eight Sims, plus the one I'm controlling, plus the bartender.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:21 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Simstat wrote:
I can't speak to the "getting band gigs" issue 'cause I haven't tried it yet, but I find some of the clubs dead and some full. You can read every morning in the newspaper which place is the hot spot of the day. I've also read that your computer specs may have something to do with how many Sims can be in a club or bar. When one is busy, I usually see about eight Sims, plus the one I'm controlling, plus the bartender.

So 8 is the most? the most I had was 4 plus my sim and the bartender.did somebody do gigs yet? and if yes what was the number of People watching?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:24 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

WORKING CLASS HERO wrote:
So 8 is the most? the most I had was 4 plus my sim and the bartender.did somebody do gigs yet? and if yes what was the number of People watching?

I don't know if eight is the limit but it's the most **I've** seen. I'm going to try installing the game on my laptop which has a better processor and more RAM than my desktop and see if the game runs better and if there are more people in clubs.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:29 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

It's pretty odd how you could be a Rockstar and at the same time be completely unknown. That doesn't make sense. :no:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sabrewulf238 wrote:
It's pretty odd how you could be a Rockstar and at the same time be completely unknown. That doesn't make sense. :no:

...I agree. I thought that that career would automatically give your sim fame stars as soon as I got that promotion.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:33 am
Roomie
Roomie

Name: Chelsea
WORKING CLASS HERO wrote:
Simstat wrote:

My sim is in a band and she only gets gigs like once a week, or even 2 weeks. But it's ok cause you get heaps of money from celebrity oppurtunites. As for the amount of people watching... everyone in the area comes to watch the band except the Bartender. It depends on the amount of people in the bar.

I feel stupid and contagious, here we are now entertain us

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:53 am
Simmer
Simmer

Name: Jamie
My hotspts are normally good, get loads of people in when there busy.

Having the same problem with gigs, havent had a proper gig yet, only got the one that said go to the theatre to watch some rock legends

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Wow that's really lame that your sim doesn't get fame points for being at the top of one of those careers. Doesn't a level 10 career in music (rock star branch) have the abilities to hold autograph sessions? And that doesn't raise your fame at all? (I would have tested that my self, but mine is at level 8 and I haven't had as much time to play lately)

It's dumb that the best way to raise your fame is just hanging out with other celebs and trying to "impress" them. If someone asked me to impress them and they'd put in a good word for me, I'd sooner give them the finger, but that's just me

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:48 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Well in the acting career you get a notice about your fame will increase higher. Also It seems a lot of your co workers are famous so you can just talk to them normally so I always took that as the benefit.

I have not messed with the music career yet, but soon because I have some children with the virtuoso trait.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:59 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

One of my co-workers is a 4 star celeb and has a lower rank in the career than my 0 star sim (now 1 star), which is kinda silly. He had invited my sim to a party once, and I decided to accept it. She had never actually greeted him, but because they were in the same career, their relationship had a pretty good boost (due to the "get to know co-workers" thing). When she went to his party and greeted him, he was like "I don't know you, maybe you should come back when you've impressed me" or something similar. I was like :wha: "You freakin INVITED me over and you treat me like this?" :stab:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:07 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Akadai wrote:
One of my co-workers is a 4 star celeb and has a lower rank in the career than my 0 star sim (now 1 star), which is kinda silly. He had invited my sim to a party once, and I decided to accept it. She had never actually greeted him, but because they were in the same career, their relationship had a pretty good boost (due to the "get to know co-workers" thing). When she went to his party and greeted him, he was like "I don't know you, maybe you should come back when you've impressed me" or something similar. I was like :wha: "You freakin INVITED me over and you treat me like this?" :stab:

:laugh:

I look at the fame thing like this. Some famous celebs do not have as much talent as some of their peers but are still bigger names. Like umm Kim Kardashian type of thing, being known for who she hangs around and who she is than what she actually does.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]