View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 So... Was anyone else screwed over? 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post So... Was anyone else screwed over?
I pre-ordered my copy of LN and I live in Canada and I went to pick it up today after work, an guess what? It's pushed back ONE fucking day. That's bullshit.

So am I the only one in this 'boat' or are there other's? Hey, if misery loves company..

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:33 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
Post Re: So... Was anyone else screwed over?
I get mine on Friday, I'd do anything to get it tomorrow. ;-;

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Colin
I got mine today and it's installing now, but I won't be able to really play until saturday

Ayo, Josh, Maddie, and Erry are my Snooty best friends!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:54 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Lol. Just one day. I wish I could get mine right now, but my copy of The Sims 3 isn't even working anymore. >_>

I don't need it right now, though. I have English papers to write. lol

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:05 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Athanasy wrote:
I get mine on Friday, I'd do anything to get it tomorrow. ;-;
C* wrote:
I got mine today and it's installing now, but I won't be able to really play until saturday

You guys are right. I'm whining over nothing, really. You guys have it worse; I'm really sorry, I was just being a baby.

I guess this thread can turn into the place for any complaints about the game. Because that will make the rest of us feel better :yeah: .

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:25 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
TBH though, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was so close to getting it and then at the last minute told I have to wait longer. SO LET THIS BE A TOPIC OF FAILURES IN PURCHASING! :yeah:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I just went to the store and bought it this morning. Future Shop opened at 10:30 and I got there around 10:15 but they had failed to put it on the shelves yet. So I asked for it and got it right away. I prefer just going to the store instead of pre-ordering but I also live in a city with lots of places to get it on release day. I hope everyone gets their copy soon!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Lola001 wrote:
I just went to the store and bought it this morning. Future Shop opened at 10:30 and I got there around 10:15 but they had failed to put it on the shelves yet. So I asked for it and got it right away. I prefer just going to the store instead of pre-ordering but I also live in a city with lots of places to get it on release day. I hope everyone gets their copy soon!

See I live in a capital city in the prairies (not Alberta); now the province that I live in isn't exactly exactly well-known to be ontop of things such as public transport or keeping up with crime (I will give the first person to guess my city correctly my non-existant copy of LN), so I can't really say that I'm surprised.

But at the same time, I live in a city; so I'm just wondering if smaller cities are getting screwed over for now.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Dang Scryer. That really sucks, especially if they did say when you preordered that it would be out today. If it was pushed back, they should had given a notification so people wouldn't have to drive there for nothing.

And Envious, that's good that you have self discipline and your priorities straight. You will be able to play it someday, hopefully soon.

I'm installing it on my computer right now, just to get it installed, but I doubt I will have the time to play it till Saturday. I got studying to do and a new paper to write that is kind of steep for only 20 points...a 6 pg research analysis paper.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Scryer wrote:
See I live in a capital city in the prairies (not Alberta); now the province that I live in isn't exactly exactly well-known to be ontop of things such as public transport or keeping up with crime (I will give the first person to guess my city correctly my non-existant copy of LN), so I can't really say that I'm surprised.

Offtopic: At first I thought it was Regina but maybe it is Winnipeg as well. I don't know anything about the public transport in either city. :wink:

Either way, being in such a big city I'm surprised that it's going to be a day late. That really sucks.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Scryer wrote:
Lola001 wrote:

But at the same time, I live in a city; so I'm just wondering if smaller cities are getting screwed over for now.

Regina!? i dont see how your game can be delayed, im getting mine today, and i live in Calgary. best wishes! :meh:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:28 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Thomas
Im going to the store to get mine tommarow the 27th. I always wait a day or 2 after release to get mine. I have never had a problem getting a copy and I never preorder either. :)

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:02 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Installing it here soon, so my wait for LN is over, while my wait for awsomemod and NRaa mods to update begins :XD: I wont be doing much till they are

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:12 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Its not released until Friday here in England :sad:

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

the UK dont get it till 29th

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I ordered one as a download from EA because somesone in the forum said that you always recieved them before and I ordered one from play as well as a physical copy, yesterday I recieved an email telling me that they moved the date to th 28 of October (Today) So when I woke up this morning I was all Feeling Fired up ,So I woke up early 6.30 am I thought that by then that was enough and that by then I should find the redeem Code in my email so I could Download the game from EADM,Now it 3.00 pm and still no Email.

this is the last time I every order another game from EA directly ,BTW the download version is more EXpansive then the Physical one from play. :sad:

Now I'm really pissed They shouldn't have mentioned anything if they aren't capable for keeping thier word.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]