View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Sims 3 Pets Gameplay at E3 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Post The Sims 3 Pets Gameplay at E3

I can edit things myself if need be. Though there was no need. Thanks muchly :)

Last edited by hunter on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Post Re: The Sims 3 Pets Gameplay @ E3
Looks nice! But is this the console version or the PC version?

Can't wait for this expansion! But I don't really like that we're able to control our pets. I think it's just a little bit too much, I mean we already got to control our sims and it would be nice if the pets would control themselves, like in Unleashed and Sims 2 Pets. I hope that we will be able to disable the control or something like that.

But otherwise it looks good!

And oh I just noticed the tigerdog in the video and that one is for the console, so I guess this video is about the console version of the game, hehe!

I also think that EA should have been working on the PC version instead of showing off the console one on E3. And why are they making lots of console versions for The Sims3 Pets right now? Couldn't that wait until after the PC version have been released? Would be better if they put some more effort into the PC version right now than concentrate on serveral versions.

But hey, that's just what I think :nod:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: The Sims 3 Pets Gameplay at E3
This is definatley the console version. I wish it was about hte PC one, but I guess they have a litte more to show off on the console versions, as it is a standalone game, so has more content. On a side note, I really love that hug animation the dog and the sim had, or what we could see of it, it was really cute!! :D

A nice find ^.^

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:44 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Post Re: The Sims 3 Pets Gameplay at E3
thanks :) lol it wasnt even hard, i just youtubed sims 3 pets e3 and wullah!

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:14 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Icewolf wrote:
Looks nice! But is this the console version or the PC version?

They are showing the XBox 360 version of the game, hence their use of the Kinect.

Icewolf wrote:
Can't wait for this expansion! But I don't really like that we're able to control our pets. I think it's just a little bit too much, I mean we already got to control our sims and it would be nice if the pets would control themselves, like in Unleashed and Sims 2 Pets. I hope that we will be able to disable the control or something like that.

Just because you can doesn't mean you have to. The game does have AI after all which can control your pets if you do not.

Icewolf wrote:
I also think that EA should have been working on the PC version instead of showing off the console one on E3. And why are they making lots of console versions for The Sims3 Pets right now? Couldn't that wait until after the PC version have been released? Would be better if they put some more effort into the PC version right now than concentrate on serveral versions.

Im confused, are you saying they should not have been at E3, its the biggest event in gaming of the year, why should they not have been there?

Also just because the game is also coming to consoles and the 3DS doesn't mean the PC version is half-assed. The two would have been developed somewhat individually over separate time frames and by different members of 'The Sims' development team. Its not like they spent less time on the PC version in order to make it a multi-platform release.

Remember that 'The Sims' team does not just develop 'The Sims' but also its many spin offs. Basically the whole team is not dedicated to this one game however many different sectors within developing multiple titles. As a side note it is also likely that the team has members to specialize in the various platforms, not necessarily making up the whole team but im sure that for example the 3DS team had people who have experiences developing for handhelds.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:04 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

No I didn't mean that I didn't want them on the E3, I'm just saying that instead of showing us the console version they should have showed us the PC version. This game was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. And I think it was kinda disappointing that they only showed us the console version.

And I know that the PC version wont be half-assed, it's just that I feel that the PC version is the "most important" right now. Like the most of us are looking forward to the one for the PC, and they show us the console version. I have nothing against consoles, in fact I love consoles and prefer to play on them. But for The Sims, the PC is the one! :nod:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:42 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Icewolf wrote:
But for The Sims, the PC is the one! :nod:

X2

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]