View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Your opinion on the game? 
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Re: Your opinion on the game?
So far I like it a lot. There is much more to do now! I love the new professions, I was getting bored with the old careers. There is also an option for self employment, which I really like for my stay at home sims.

The new neighborhood is quite nice, it's got quite a few different community lots and many premades to play. I just like the way it looks.

There are some nice new objects..I would have liked more...but I am not complaining. The Federalist set is nice for traditional homes and there are also some neat new objects for sculpting and inventing.

I have 2 sims right now that are pursuing self employment; one as a sculptor and one as a painter. The sculptor is fun so far. I am going to try some of the new professionsnext time I play.

I'd say it is a worthwhile investment.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:57 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I rather like this topic and I see a lot of people viewing it so I'm going to sticky it for a while.

*stickied*

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

So far ambitions is my favorite expansion since Seasons. I love the new profession system it really brings freshness to the game. I am currently loving the investigator and stylist profession.The new town is also pretty damn cool. I really enjoying it so far. I am secretly loving the laundry system as well.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Rachel
I'm in love I think it's my favourite expansion so far, I haven't had any glitches or crashes and theres so much to do! :love:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:57 pm
Misplaced
Misplaced

Name: Ayo
Roleplay: Anya - Sam
I absolutely love this EP. Even though it gave me issues at first once I got into the game OMB. So much to do. This EP is everything WA wasn't. I love love love Twinbrook. And yeah I just can't wait to play again. :grin:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I just posted a thread complaining about Inventing, but overall I'm happy with the EP. I LOVE the new careers and how you work with clientele. Unfortunately, I can't stand how it's nearly impossible to have two Sims in the household with a new profession, because tasks and opportunities will take up nearly all of your attention. I had the same complaint for opportunities in WA, but this, for once, isn't EA's fault because I see no way that it could've easily been avoided.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:48 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I absolutely love this new EP. It completely changed my perspective on the Sims 3 in general because of the new UI, CAS w/Tattoos, and Professions. I especially love the robots! I think it is very adorable with the electrical sounds it makes. I'm SUPER glad that you can change the traits! SO COOL :coolguy: I still haven't tried all of the professions yet...so much to do!!

Another note - I was very surprised that children sim could invent things too!

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:00 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Tammy
I love it. Now I wish no job was a rabbithole, even though I said before I liked them being out of the way for a while each day. Being able to follow them to work makes it easier to work on skills (even at the business office, you could have them take skill books with them in their inventories and let them build that way). Right now, I'm thinking of making a community lot in each vacation spot that has eveery skill building object and having them go on vacation to build skills. It's free time, basically, and then they can work on relationships/life back in the home neighborhood.

Offtopic: Forgive me for any typos, my little computer can't keep up with my typing and I'm often ten-twenty words ahead of it. Poor little thing.

Team Waffles

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:52 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I've only played a couple times but so far I'm loving it. I had no idea that I would love controlling my sim at work quite this much! I loved OFB but hated the loading screens to get to and from the business, plus my sim seemed to get tired so quickly, the open neighborhood is making things so much easier. I really love it, it might just be my favourite Sims EP.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

i absolutely love it! I was playing with an architect and it's so much fun to be able to renovate someone's home under a budget, such a challenge to get it perfect for them!! I also love the new trampoline and koob (the real name for Sim Gnubb) set, they're great games for the family.

I'm having so much fun with just this career, I can't wait to try out the others!

My only complaint is that there's no pop-up for when the new jobs begin, so I don't know when I'm on the clock unless I look at the job panel.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:39 am
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Brianna
I love the game. So far all i've tried out is the ghostbuster career but even that's cool. I loved ghosts in the sims 2 but now we can do more than just interact with them. I think it's a cool game, I can't wait to try out the other new professions. I find it easier to make 1 sim in the house have a "profession" and the rest have just careers so that I don't have to compete all the time.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:49 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I recieved mine today,from the looks of it looks real good.

I took the fire fighter career and I like and it;s the first expansion didn't give me any trouble to install ,I been playing for 5 hours straight and no trouble yet.

my only disappointment is because there no new instruments in this expansion but maybe the next time around.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:46 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Shanna
So far I like it. It feels like a mix of Open for business and a slice from Sims online when it comes to actually doing the jobs. I'm hoping they will add in more jobs with this feature as they move forward. I've also seen interesting disasters happen in my town as well. A earthquake that hit three or more houses, in the morning of that same day a rock from space killed my sim gardening when it smashed both her and the car. There is little miners you can use to dig and explore caves. The time machine is amusing but kind of useless if you ask me. I haven't done all of the jobs yet, just tried firefighter and ghost hunter. Overall I like the direction they are taking, I just wish they would add in more content within these packs like hair and clothes instead of expecting us to shell out hundreds for store content.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:38 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Spode wrote:
The Sims 3 expansion packs continue to impress me as long as we get apartments next time around.

I think I would cry if we didn't get pets next time. lol
The Sims feels incomplete without them

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:00 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Nancy wrote:

I think EA will save a pets expansion until near the end of its TS3 releases, the reason being that so many people want it but will buy whatever comes out in the meantime, leading to more sales for EA. What I mean is, if Pets came out first, a lot of people would buy it and then stop buying expansion packs, but now, many are basically, "Well, I really want Pets but I'll buy World Adventures for now" or "Darn, I really wanted Pets but I guess I'll buy Ambitions anyway."

To those that have Ambitions, do the new careers get boring after a while? Thanks.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:18 pm
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
I still haven't done all the careers yet, so no. xD

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Misplaced
Misplaced

Name: Ayo
Roleplay: Anya - Sam
I haven't tried them all yet either o:
I've yet to get bored with ambitions. I get frustrated with the little bugs but not the game itself. And the bugs are mostly due to some f'ed up CC I have xD

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Nancy wrote:
Spode wrote:
The Sims 3 expansion packs continue to impress me as long as we get apartments next time around.

I feel the same way about a nightlife/hotdate expansion. Just feels odd that my Sims can't go out and party, I think it would be really fun with all the personality traits, and maybe they could add a new DJ profession or something...

But I love the EP so far, I hope they can expand on the idea, maybe open up some existing jobs or something.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
H.O.W wrote:
Nancy wrote:
Spode wrote:

I feel the same way about a nightlife/hotdate expansion. Just feels odd that my Sims can't go out and party, I think it would be really fun with all the personality traits, and maybe they could add a new DJ profession or something...

But I love the EP so far, I hope they can expand on the idea, maybe open up some existing jobs or something.

I Feel like you guys. but i want a season expansion :spin: :bouncy:

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
Seasons would be so good I would cry.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next