View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Possible gossip mod? 
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Possible gossip mod?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm not allowed to ask about this for whatever reason, etc. etc. but I just wanted to put this idea out there. :nod:

The Gossip interaction...I always thought it had potential to be SUPER funny, but instead the game gives us boring stuff like “Did you hear that so-and-so is filthy rich? I never would have guessed!” or hearing that some husband and wife have been flirting.

I think that a mod that makes the stuff that pops up in the Gossip interaction more hilarious and/or scandalous would be AWESOME. It would bring a lot more laughs to the game and be a whole lot of fun. I know that interaction is designed to let you know what's going on in town, but getting some blatantly fake, ridiculous gossip mixed in with the "normal" stuff would be a treat for me, not going to lie.

I run two blogs for my two themed Sims neighborhoods, so gossip from a mod like this would be very funny for the people who follow my blogs, not to mention hilarious in general, especially if it added quite a lot of dialogue!

Is such a mod possible, though? I’m surprised one hasn’t been made yet! I'd make one myself, but I know next to nothing about scripting and it would probably turn out awful. I'm a writer, so writing several pieces of fake gossip wouldn't be too hard, but when it got down to the scripting...don't think I could do that too well. :cry:

Any opinions?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Possible gossip mod?
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

I freaking love this idea :D It would be much funnier.

If I'm not mistaken... NRaas story mods do somthing like that, don't they? I'm not positive, but it is certaintly possible. I just know that a certain NRaas story mod adds personalities to the neighborhood, and I think it ties into the Gossip interaction, aswell as displaying the adventures of some of the characters & neighborhood interaction.

Am I just crazy, everyone else?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:44 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Hello to you too! I'm super shy, so who knows how much posting I'll do, but I really really REALLY want to make a mod like this a reality. :shy:

Hmm...I don't remember it actually tying into the Gossip mod! I do so love the Story Progression mod, personalities and all, but I think it would be AWESOME if the gossip was hilariously absurd. Same goes for the Share Secret interaction.

Off the top of my head, things like:

"I heard <sim name> and <sim name> sneak off to the graveyard every night to 'sing to the ghosts!' They must be nuts..."

"I had a dream that <sim name> and <sim name> fought to the death over their love for me."

"I heard that <sim name> puts curlers into their armpit hair!"

"I heard that <sim name> took a bit too much of their medicine, stripped naked, and jumped into the fountain at the park. I wish I was there..."

those are really dumb but if I had time to think I could come up with some funny stuff, I'm sure! :smile:

If someone knew how and was willing to script this mod, my friends and I would write out all the fake gossip for them and let them do the rest. :love:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:14 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
If you end up completing this, let us know.
I'd download it.

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:50 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

There is some silly stuff that comes up for gossip already.
I think I once got "have you heard that said sim is possibly an alien?"
Just saying :smile:

But I agree The gossip should be more scandalous ;)

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]