View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The best neighborhood? 
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Post The best neighborhood?
In your opinion, which neighbourhood is the best neighbourhood? (Ignoring Bridgeport because it's not really family friendly) You can include custom neighbourhoods too if you want.

Taking into account:

Space (not just placed lots but room for more new lots, Which neighbourhood has the most space?)
Quality of community lots (Which neighbourhood has the nicest community lots?)
Quality of home lots
Overall placement of lots (Is it easy to get around? Does getting around feel natural?)
Lag (Does it lag? I have quite a good computer and it still lags a bit with my custom neighbourhood so this is an issue for me)

I have a custom neighbourhood (called Fincastle) at the moment that I really like.....however I'd be lying if I said it was completely ideal. It has way more houses than it needs (gives it a proper neighbourhood feel but still feels unnecessary) Also I think it has too many trees which makes it a bit laggy. It also has community lots that are great for image but serve no purpose for my sims. (like warehouses & offices) So another requirement for the new neighbourhood is that it doesn't go overboard with the details. (just enough to work and still look nice)

There's probably been many of these threads but can anyone advise me? I've been wanting to make a fresh start. I'll be bringing my main family from Fincastle to the new neighbourhood though since I want to continue with them. My current neighbourhood just feels a bit messy and stale so I need a change.

EDIT: Also this is off topic, but if I wanted to combine my CC files into one package....how would I go about doing that?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: The best neighborhood?
I'd go with Sunset valley.
I haven't played any custom neighborhoods and i've only played riverveiw, twinbrook and bridgeport once.
I like sunset valley best because its small and everything is close together. I thought i'd like riverveiw but then I realised there is a small island in the middle but your sims have to live like... miles away from it!
Bridgeport is okay but like you said, not family friendly. And to be honest, I didn't really play twinbrook - I only played for about an hour and didn't look at it much.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I <3 Bridgeport. My sims still have 3/4 kids even though its kinda hard finding room for their beds. But its easy enuf just to make the families ur not playing have loads of kids, like the ones in the small houses AND then you can just play the celeb families with like 50 million rooms :)

Thu May 05, 2011 2:04 pm

TBH I think most of them aren't that great, but I'd probably pick Sunset Valley.

Sun May 08, 2011 6:38 pm
Simmer
Simmer

Name: Nic
I thought I played all of them and didn't really have a favourite, but I was playing last night and decided on Riverview, realised I'd never played it before and I love it! Definately my favourite by far!

Tue May 10, 2011 12:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]