View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Glitch with shopping and Fishing 
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Glitch with shopping and Fishing
First, I am patched to 1.36

And currently I have pretty much all of the Sims 3 expansions and packs (except I DO NOT have supernatural or seasons, since they are not released to stores yet).

My problem is this:

Grocery Shopping: When I have my sim go shop for food, he appears quickly to the right side of the store. I don't even get the Shopping Menu. I read on another site that sometimes if a Sim has seeds in the inventory it would cause this glitch. I cleared any seeds and as a precaution,removed everything from the inventory. He still can't go shopping.

Fishing glitch: Although my sim will fish and has earned a level 10, he doesn't catch anything. No matter where I send him to fish, nothing. He will fish indefinitely and I only see messages stating the fish aren't biting. I try using various bait (mostly bugs the sim catches) and nothing, although the bait listed the bug as excellent (something like that).

Now, I cleared my MODS and still nothing. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem. I tried the shopping and fishing with other sims, even the pre-created ones, and still the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas r know of a fix? I would be most appreciative!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:44 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Re: Glitch with shopping and Fishing
I also want to add this happens in every world I play. I'm wondering if it's the new patch?? Or maybe someting in the Diesel (sp?) Pack is messing things up??

Any theories? help? Please?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:30 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
try edit the Grocery store. delete the shop and then place a new one. Because sometimes items can be in the way for the building and sometimes the building just glitches. But the fishing thing i don't know how to solve :( Sorry.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

I tried what you suggested Infinite Tias, and no success. Since I kinda figured my game was FUBAR, I decided to download some community stores, which one was like a mini shopping strip mall. SO I thought, why not?

I installed and then added the strip mall (which is a relic store, grocery/cafe combo and another just has PCs).

What was different was the store had a cash register like the vacation stores (which I always could buy groceries while on vacation). I clicked the cash register and there were a couple of options, one being buy food (was prepared food) and the other buy (groceries) and it worked!

Still haven't been able to fix the fishing glitch, even removed the fishing spot and added a new one.

I do appreciate the input, thanks!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]