View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sims 3 =Great 
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post Sims 3 =Great
Sims 3 base game was brilliant and perfect. It was the longest i'd ever played a base game, i happily played it up until Late Night came out, then i bought that. Sims 2 i only played for about a month or less and then wanted the next expansion!! (sims 1 i discovered when livin large was out so i was lucky)
Late Night was great with its bars and instruments but came with it's problems, empty lots, random vomiting, celebrity stars, what are they about??? and many other glitches.

Someone bought me Ambitions soon after.
It is brilliant! Since Christmas i have still not done every career, still working at it and enjoying it, it just makes the base game more itneresting on a day to day basis.

Then a few days ago my girlfriend bought herself World adventures, we did go completely backwards but who cares.
World Adventures is great! Wonderful places, interesting quests and people to meet. ONly problem is it takes ages to go anywhere in the adventure worlds.
But i like it! Living it rough in tents and unlocking secret passages. its awesomes.

But nothing will beat the classic Sims 3 base game
i was thinking "Meh, its the same graphics and i can do better stuff with my sims 2"
I was wrong.
The living world is amazing, adds a whole other element, and although the graphics are similar and in some places worse, the lighting and gameplay make it a winner.... could not think of anything to say.

Course Generations is coming out
I WONT be getting that.
It looks terrible, there is nothing new to do. I only buy expansions when there is a whole other game system to look forward to and at least some good objects.
meh

anyways
Sims 3 = Great
Better than Sims 2 and 1
although both of them had their awesome moments and i will def be playing them again, especially sims 2 buisness

Fri May 27, 2011 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Sims 3 =Great
I completely agree with you and have done just about everything you've done. I want to buy WA now, but don't have the time!

Fri May 27, 2011 11:47 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
"the lighting" The lighting radiance is a fail. If you had a two story home and you had lights outside, the lights would not go onto the second floor, and vice versa.

The only good thing of TS3's basegame is the open world. TS2's basegame already had groccery shops which you could already enter, Nightlife introduced enterable restaurants.

I played Sims 3 for less than a week on the initial release because it was so boring. Sims 2 I played for hours on end... this is basegames, by the way.

So I think TS2's basegame was much better than TS3's.

Fri May 27, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

For me the TS3 basegame would be the best out of the three. Although I only buy Sims games after the 2nd EP is released, the traits in TS3's basegame is phenomenal! The traits and the open world alone make the game more realistic and they make each sim seem original in their own way.

Fri May 27, 2011 9:56 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Teisha
I found I played TS2 base game longer, because it was such a shock improvement from TS1! I went from playing Sims 1 which was pretty limited now I look back on it (Still play it though) to the TS2 which was just WOW! especially with the graphics and improved camera angling and zoom, variety in social interactions and even to the small things like having a wider variety of food to cook. I do love The Sims in general and I still play all of them when I get bored of the other :laugh:

Sat May 28, 2011 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

i agree with ..EVERYONE! :evillaugh:
maybe the title should have been The Sims = Great.
Worth all that money and time we put into playing it?
I think if you divide your life around it, sure. why not? :)

i was very disapointed sims 3 did not have the shops and such that sims 2 base game had.
but the open world, knocking on other peoples doors, VISITING OTHER PEOPLES HOUSES!! meeting people in the street, such an amazing clothing/colour system throughout the game and traits.
sort of win me over XD

i reckon sims 2 had the best expansions so far (university, nightlife, buisness and apparently seasons :X)
:kiss:

Sat May 28, 2011 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

It's good that you have waited to buy WA. When that expansion first came out, it introduced sooo many bugs that EA took ages to fix. The broken family tree bug messed up my whole game :/

I think Sims 3 + Late Night = better than the Sims 2 with all expansions.
Just can't wait till Pets and then the Sims 3 will feel complete, idk about weather really

Sat May 28, 2011 11:43 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Nancy wrote:
I think Sims 3 + Late Night = better than the Sims 2 with all expansions.

Are you serious? It's better than universities, clubs, restaurants(that are open, not rabbit holes), open businesses, pets, seasons, hobbies and witches?

Sat May 28, 2011 1:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Yes. The sims 2 has terrible graphics without cc and the loading screens take all the fun out of it. The Sims 3 has awesome graphics and runs so smoothly on my computer that I think any remake of the sims 2 expansions will be 10 x better. But i can do without as long as pets comes soon

Mon May 30, 2011 2:28 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

The graphics and no load screens make it better?

I don't really understand that. The graphics have always seemed very inconsistent to me, and the load screens were never a real problem in The Sims 2. Really, I still have to go through enough load screens to play The Sims 3, and it's not like there are any community lots worth traveling to in The Sims 3.

Mon May 30, 2011 3:10 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

When I played the Sims 2 i always had to have the tv on in the background
because i used to get sooo bored waiting for the downtown area to load up.
With the sims 3, my sim just takes a taxi, no loading screens :)
I don't even need to have the tv on anymore lol :laugh:

Mon May 30, 2011 3:44 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

The Sims 2 is just sluggish. Even without CC. It's old technology. If there was a way to play it without lag, then of course it'd be better than TS3. However, that's not true, and it won't ever be true. I just like the feel of sims 3 better.

Mon May 30, 2011 5:19 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Swatme101 wrote:
However, that's not true, and it won't ever be true.
Hmm, that's sort of false since my game has MINIMAL lag, just like Sims 3... and I have a state-of-the-art computer, so...

Mon May 30, 2011 5:26 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Nancy wrote:
When I played the Sims 2 i always had to have the tv on in the background
because i used to get sooo bored waiting for the downtown area to load up.
With the sims 3, my sim just takes a taxi, no loading screens :)
I don't even need to have the tv on anymore lol :laugh:

I don't really understand the complaints about the loading screens at all. I had a computer built to run The Sims 2 very close to minimum when it came out. Even back then it wasn't really even a problem to me, and I am not a very patient person.

There's no point in the lack of a loading screen when there's nowhere to even go in the first place. It's like "There's no loading screen! But there's nowhere to go to even notice the difference... Yay?"

Mon May 30, 2011 7:05 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Ultiməcia wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:
However, that's not true, and it won't ever be true.
Hmm, that's sort of false since my game has MINIMAL lag, just like Sims 3... and I have a state-of-the-art computer, so...

Technically my computer is now 3-4 years old. I will most likely build a new PC before college, which is in 2 years. I mean, I have a killer graphics card, and 8GB of ram, but.. idk. With all my content, the game lags. ALOT. I mean, scratch that, the game runs smoothly /once it loads/. But I can't be bothered to wait that long.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

munch I think you're missing out on Generations if you think it looks dumb. I think it adds a whole lot and makes me want to play it more. I got bored quick with the other expansions, but this one adds so much.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:29 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Ender wrote:
munch I think you're missing out on Generations if you think it looks dumb. I think it adds a whole lot and makes me want to play it more. I got bored quick with the other expansions, but this one adds so much.

I completely agree! I truly enjoy Generations with all the new contents that came with it. I was very much surprised by how many new items were added into this EP. It definitely added a LOT of depth to the family life. I particularly like the grounding the teens! So many things I like :love:

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Generations actually turned out to be quiet a nice pack. I haven't been able to see all it has to offer yet though.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:02 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Michael
Although I love The Sims 3, it still doesn't have the same "feel" as Sims 1 did back in the day. I was so obsessed and addicted to that game, but starting with Sims 2, I started to actually get a little bored. Which is weird, being Sims 2 and 3 are so much more exciting than Sims 1. I can't really explain it.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I personally feel that there is a lot more charm in Sims 3 than in Sims 2. Maybe that's just me.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next