View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What's YOUR favourite neighbourhood? 
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Teisha
Post What's YOUR favourite neighbourhood?
I have to admit, I find it rather difficult to favour a specific neighbourhood...
because I find myself to become disinterested in that neighbourhood and all the people in it.
Although I do have a soft spot for Riverview as it's a country town, and I love the country...
also I find the people in it are quite attractive in comparison to the other neighbourhoods.

I also find Twinbrook to be an enchanting town with beautiful scenery :smile:

Just thought I'd add a little picture of Riverview :) I thought this picture was cute.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Post Re: What's YOUR favourite neighbourhood?
I hate to say this, but for me it would have to be Barnacle Bay. AFTER you get rid of all the stupid pirate costumes and people, it's a really nice little island neighbourhood. Still, it's not worth $20.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:18 am
Simmer
Simmer

I like all cities except Bridgeport. My godness, the elevators stop working all the time capturing people in the restaurants + seriously strange things start to happen that never happened in the other cities.

I think I'll go with Sunset Valley as my favorite, because I always liked the Goth family. I hope the mystery about Bella is revealed in the next game

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Teisha
The mystery of Bella is left up to your own imagination :gig:

Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
I'm going to have to go with sunset valley too. Only because its relativley small and there is a mixture of beach/mountain areas. I like bridgeport too, but there isn't enough space to build. I haven't played Riverveiw or Twinbrook, I really should give them a try.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:36 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I know sunset valley the most, but was frustrated more than once with the neighborhood falling apart (glitch wize) before the 3rd generation. Right now I am playing a CC world called Crecent Cove. I like starting empty. It's fun tracking all the new families. It's pretty full now, and the babies are all happening at similar times :)

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Sunset Valley is the one I play on the most so I guess that's it. I prefer my re-vamped Sunset Valley, with my houses and community lots I built to replace some of the uglier ones and to accommodate the Ambitions lots. Riverview, Twinbrooke, and Bridgeport are cool but Sunset Valley is my go-to.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I like Bridgeport. Once you replace all the elevators it's the best

Wed May 11, 2011 5:13 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Nancy wrote:
I like Bridgeport. Once you replace all the elevators it's the best

Offtopic: How / Why did you replace all the elevators?

Wed May 11, 2011 7:46 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I replaced them because sims could not use them. Whenever I changed households, they would be stuck in a club with like 10 other sims unable to use the elevator to exit the club..
The easiest way to replace them is to load up the clubs in buildmode and delete the elevators then place new ones.
Alternatively, in live mode you could use testing cheats enabled --> shift click on the elevator and Delete object --> shift click on the floor of the club --> buy / build on this lot (cn't remember which) --> replace the elevator. The only problem with this is that if a sim has an elevator interaction in their action que then the game will shut down. To avoid this, keep the game paused and Edit town. Then move the family out, then back in.

Takes a while but I found that only a few clubs are bugged. And these are fixed now :)

Wed May 11, 2011 10:50 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Nancy wrote:
I replaced them because sims could not use them. Whenever I changed households, they would be stuck in a club with like 10 other sims unable to use the elevator to exit the club..
The easiest way to replace them is to load up the clubs in buildmode and delete the elevators then place new ones.
Alternatively, in live mode you could use testing cheats enabled --> shift click on the elevator and Delete object --> shift click on the floor of the club --> buy / build on this lot (cn't remember which) --> replace the elevator. The only problem with this is that if a sim has an elevator interaction in their action que then the game will shut down. To avoid this, keep the game paused and Edit town. Then move the family out, then back in.

Takes a while but I found that only a few clubs are bugged. And these are fixed now :)

OOHHH So that is that easy? I thought you meant like install stairs! But wow, so, its not the elevators themselves, but rather the specific lots? Okay! That's easy to replace! (expecially with Awesome Mod where I can enter build mode on any lot i'm on)

Wed May 11, 2011 11:59 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I like Sunset Valley the most probably. I love looking at the lighthouse and looking far and wide out into the ocean. I also love Neverglade which is what I'm playing now. I wish it had an ocean though lol.

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Thu May 12, 2011 1:11 am
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Having finally played them all I think I have to go with Riverview. Bridgeport isn't suburban enough and all my sims have kids even if it's only one. Twinbrook doesn't have parks that appeal to me though I do love how the houses are laid out. Sunset Valley is too small. So Riverview gets my vote. I love how it looks, love the parks and the layout.

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Thu May 12, 2011 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Swatme101 wrote:
Nancy wrote:

OOHHH So that is that easy? I thought you meant like install stairs! But wow, so, its not the elevators themselves, but rather the specific lots? Okay! That's easy to replace! (expecially with Awesome Mod where I can enter build mode on any lot i'm on)

Glad I can help :) . It's such a shame that this little bug has stopped so many people playing Bridgeport when it can be fixed fairly quickly

Thu May 12, 2011 5:15 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Barnacle Bay would be good without the Piratey-ness. It would be better if it weren't an island and didn't have a cheesy name.

Thu May 12, 2011 5:28 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Name: Ashley
I like Bridgeport. Once you replace all the elevators it's the best x2 :smile:

Fri May 13, 2011 11:51 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

How did you remove the pirate costumes in barnacle bay? I actually liked it but I wasn't crazy about some of the lots. Or the houses.

I really like Riverview but I don't seem to ever use it. I love the little island in the middle.
My top favorite is this custom hood I have. It's an edit of Pleasant Valley. The only downside is the downtown area. Most of the highrises are empty with no rooms or anything and with the size of the lots I can't replace them. But I love this hood. It's so spacious and they used lots from the different neighborhoods in it and stocked it with the families too.
http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspot.co ... -edit.html

Mon May 16, 2011 5:37 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Twinbrook is nice even with the hillybilly characters.

Tue May 17, 2011 1:33 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I don't use the EA neighborhoods anymore. I guess my favourite of those with be Sunset Valley

My favourite over all and the best custom neighborhood I've found so far is called Queenstown.

Sat May 28, 2011 3:58 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Of the EA neighborhoods I like Sunset Valley the best.

My favorite custom neighborhood right now is Brooklyn Heights. I can't wait to get more ram then I might be able to ply some of the large custom hoods.

Sat May 28, 2011 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next