View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 The Sims 3 - Holidays; stupid "possible" idea for EP 
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Post The Sims 3 - Holidays; stupid "possible" idea for EP
It would be named The Sims 3 Holidays. It would add seasons, vacantions and holidays, all in one!

Seasons -> It would basicaly add what TS2 Seasons bought(mainly seasons, weather and plantsims, but also appropriate items), whilist adding some extras to Sims 3 mechanics... Like...
>Favourite Season thingie, simmilar to fav music, color and food; you would gain a +10 moodlet saying it's your favourite season, on the entire duration of the season!
>Natural Disasters... though that might seem a bit far fetched
>Metheorologist career; at last level you could freely control weather(incl. DURATION), natural disasters, seasons and season duration, from the career building
>Various moodlets related to weather(It's a nice day! +10 (From Sunny Day) | It's raining outside -5 (From Rainy Day) | Wet -15 (From staying in rain) | Ouch! -30 (From staying in hail) | Seen Snow +10, or +30 if first snow seen, etc.; ofc, that some traits and plant simswould get some of them inverted)
>Various degrees of rain, wind, sun, snow and hail(like heavy rain, light rain, normal rain... acid rain?)
>New ways to die! Like death by hail, freezing, sun... death by having a metheorological baloon falling on you?
>Umbrellas, that would stay by the door, and when a nonplant sim goes outside on rain, he would automaticaly go get the umbrella, and as soon as he exits the house to open it; opening in the house would bring a Bad Luck moodlet that would make you Unlucky(trait) for one day
>Bonuses/Traits that make the sim prone to good/bad weather while he's outside?
>Traits that make the sim like more certain seasons/weather?
>Trait/Bonus that makes the sim predict the next day(s) weather
>Custom season(set temperature, chanches for each weather to happen, name, season-specific bonus... but that would be a bit to complex, and overpowered)
>More stuff to do in snow... like... umm.... make a huuuuuge snowball?
>Snow Day at school
>Season length depending on how long your sim's lives are. Aging off would result in Epic-like seasons. Season length will allways be multiple of 4.
>More or less people outside, depending on weather(i haven't seen that in TS2)

Vacantions(simmilar to Bon Voyage)
>This would mainly be some towns that act like "Vacantion Towns". Just like in Sims 2.
>Simmilar to seasons, you would also choose favourite vacantion place
>Choose between Beach/Mountain/Azn(or african :D) Village/Counryside/Big City (?!); also being able to make your beach/mountain/etc vacantion spots would be swell
>You would get a positive/negative moodlet after returning, depending on the time&weather you had there.
>Winter Sports, Boat Trips to random Island, taking care of farm animals(geez, i must admit that being a farmer would be cool in sims), etc depending on location
>Unlike TS2, you must go to work and say to your boss you wanna go on vacantion. He might accept or not, depending on your overall performance, importance in the facility, relationship with him, how many vacantions you had before; you can still go on vacantion, but you will 'Miss Work'
>Sims *will* age, AND die on vacantions.
>Unlike TS2, it takes 12 full sims hours so you can arrive at the Vacantion Spot. A teleporter pad cuts this time to a mere hour(transporting bagages xD)
>You can still buy a vacantion home, and you can permanently move in it. If the size woudn't restrict it, some places to work in vacantions(like at a restaurant, as a lifeguard...) would be nice. You could get promoted in these. When you will return in that spot, you would be asked wether you would still like to be a waiter/lifeguard/etc. This would be simmilar to 'Part-Time Jobs' in pay, time, no. of levels, etc.
>Vacantions and hotels would be expensive.
>You can buy hotels, making them act like vacantion homes, and also generating weekly profit, you would recive by mail.
>Vacantion Memories(like ate a hearthy mountain meal, dug up the treasure, learned to salute like a local) would still be there, and there would be a LTW dedicated to getting them all.
>Weather moodlets would be twice as effective here.
>Being able to swim in Sunset Valley's sea(or ocean?)
Edit:Exotic fruit, fishes and learnable recipes, depending on location :D

Holidays
>There would be a holiday in each season.
>Somewhere in the first quarter of summer(Sim New Year), in the second of autumn(Simoween), in fourth of winter(Simmas), and in 3rd of spring(Simeaster).
>That day would be free day, and the gouvernment will make a party in the park.
>Moodlets according to the holiday on the certain day. (It's Simmas! > +30)
>Favourite holiday is according to favourite season.
>Sim New Year - All sims go outside to celebrate the coming of summer, and the start of a new sim year. This party is celebrated by eating hot-dogs and burgers in the Park. For free! Vegetarian alternatives available too. At midnight there would be fireworks.
>Simoween - If i don't demand too much, the city would be decorated like haloween, with random pumpkin statues here and there, placed by a random sim. It's celebrated in the afternoon, in the park with fireworks and free Pumpkin Pie. In the park, children can rent costumes on parent's money, and go Trick or Treating.
>Simmas - In this day, there would allways be 'Beautyfull Snow' outside. Santa Claus would come in each house at night, when everyone's asleep with a fireplace and Simmas Tree, and leave presents. Evil kids get coal, good kids get something nice(idk what O_o suggestions?), and all others recive average sweets, books, toys... Adults too, would recive gifts xD
>The only place to get a Simmas tree is from the park, witch would be full with Tree Vendors, and Simmas Decoration Vendors. Simmas trees would run dry by the end of the winter, and decorations are automaticaly placed, and taken away at start and end of winter.
>City is full with Simmas related lights, especially on streetlamps, and by the City Hall.
>Simeaster would mean an easter egg haunt in the city. Eggs are randomly scattered around town. In the park, for 3 days only, there would be a Simeaster Bunny NPC that would trade eggs for prizes. Eggs also remain for 3 days. Simmilar to haloween, there would be random NPCs scattering them across town, forests, etc.
>Sims can also spend their holidays on vacantion, as the day is free. This must be planned 3 days before at least. The parks at vacantion spots would also host these events. And all hotels would have a Simmas Tree by their reception fireplace, but only children would recive from it gifts.

New Traits
Cold Blood - Sim is more sensible to cold weather, but more resistant to warm weather
Warm Blood - Opposite to cold blood
Curious - Sim will be curious to find out new things(SECRETZ!!)
Adventurous - Sim will want to go visit new places, go on adventures, etc etc
Home Sick - Opposite of adventurous
Care Free - This sim likes the life to be as simple, good and enjoyable as possible, whitout having to worry about schedules, deadlines or other sim's; They live their lives at their own pace

Weather(represented through moodlets; also, looking at the sky)
Clouds
|Clear (no moodlet)
|Cloudy - There are clouds up there... [neutral]
|Ugly clowds - These clouds look very menancing... -5 mood; -30 if coward

Sunny
|Sunny - The sun is up and shining! So beautyfull. [waking up on sun] +10 for 2 hours
|Hot - Outside's so hot! Ugh... neutral mood as long as outside; increases temperature, tans
|Very Hot - Ouch! Even the asphalt burns! -10 as long as outside, neutral if inside; burns if you have no protection(hat/sunblock/etc.); tans if you have sunblock on u(triple if warm blooded)
|Dog Day - Just stay in the sun and you feel like melting. It's horriblly hot!! -30 if outside, -10 if inside, and have no cooling system, or did not ate ice cream for 2 hours; burns with or whitout protection; MIGHT KILL if you burn out(triple if warm blooded)

Windy
|Breeze - Aahh... what a gentle breeze. +10 if outside; quatruple if care-free
|Wind - Winds like this don't look like they will bring good weather next days... neutral moodlet; +20 if care free
|Strong Winds - If i had an umbrella, i'm sure it would be inside-out by now. I need to find a place whitout wind, before it blows me away. -5 if outside; neutral if care-free
|Hurricane - It's hard to walk in this wind. And to see, breath, or do anything. -20 if outside, neutral if inside; MIGHT KILL, by blowing your sim away, to unknown places; grave drops mysteriously from sky; only if sim's very thin, and not muscular; neutral if care-free

Rain
|Beautyfull Rain - Wow! This rain is so beautyfull! +10 mood
|Rain - It's raining (outside)... Great... Neutral moodlet
|Storm - I haven't seen rain like this for months! -10 if outside, neutral if inside(double/-10 if coward)
|Thunderstorn - Same, but a lot of thunders, and higher chanche of dying outside by thunder
|Horrible rain - Rains like this weren't present here for ages; why now??? -40 if outside, -10 if inside(double if coward)

Snow
|Beautyfull Snow - Wow! This snow is so beautyful! +20 mood
|Snow - It's snowing (outside)! +5 mood(+20 if child(ish))
|Strong Snow - It's snowing like no tommorow! +10 mood if child(ish), -10 if cold-blooded, neutral else; triple if outside
|Snowstorm - Snow is piling up in huuuge mountains outside. This will sure leave scars. +10 mood if child(ish), -30 if cold-blooded, -10 else; triple if outside; CAN KILL if you are covered in snow; unique, drowned in snow death

Hail
|Hail - Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!/It's hailing!! -20 mood if outside, -5 if inside; low chanche of death
|Big Hail - These chunks of ice are big like eggs! -80 mood if outside, -20 if inside; high chanche of death

Other
|Full Moon - The moon is full! +20 mood; neutral if coward
|Twilight - The sky looks so beautyfull... and romantic... +25 mood, +50 if with gf/bf/spouse; 1.5x if flirty/hopeless romantic/great kisser
|Sunrise - Waking up early sure has it's benefits! +10 mood

Special(From playing with the weather machine(too much); rarely, natural occurences
>Wonders
|Aurora Borealis - I am speechless. +70 mood
|Rain of Happyness - This rain makes me all happy inside!! +100 mood; sims allways have the mood show up as 'Happy', or higher; CAN KILL if sim is evil/grumpy/no sense of humor/mean/hot headed; if he has 3 of these traits, he will run crazy, and eventually die, laughing maniacly, if he dosen't do anything evil [neutral, if sim runs crazy]
|Eclipse - I am speechless. +40 mood
|Rain of Money - Money falling from the sky! I will be RICH! +40 mood, double if Mooch
|Falling Star - A star has fell... i must make a wish... +60 mood; one wish(genie-like)

>Disasters
|Acid Rain - The clouds completely covered the sun, and an ugly, slimy rain flows from them. It's depressing to look at. -100 mood, sims allways show up as 'Depressive'; Good/Good sense of humor/Loves The Outdoors/Friendly/Care Free sims may also go crazy(CAN KILL)
|Meteor Shower - Meteors!!! Take cover!!! -100 if outside, -50 if at home, neutral if at Military Base Shelter(option available when it rains meteors); Space Rocks and Satelites keep falling on the ground; satelites and huge meteors CAN KILL
|Blizzard - Brrrrrr! I think i'm gonna freeze... -100 if outside, -60 if at home, neutral if inside Military Base Shelter; CAN KILL, but just of being too cold
|Two Suns - I can feel the entire world around me melting! How long is it going to last? -100 mood, neutral if inside Military Base Shelter; CAN KILL, but just of being too hot

Last edited by romagia on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed May 27, 2009 5:21 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Emma
Post Re: The Sims 3 - Holidays; stupid "possible" idea for EP
Great ideas! The only problem would be some of the holidays. Like, some people who don't celebrate Christmas may still be offended even though it is Simmas and technically a different holiday. To be fair they would have to include thinks like Kwanzaa and Hannukah, and that would probably be too many different holidays.
Still though, good ideas!

Wed May 27, 2009 5:36 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Thank you. And yes, belive me that i thought about hanukkah... But i don't have the slightest idea how it goes. I only know it literally translates as Festival of Light...
I might do some research and write about it ^^

Wed May 27, 2009 5:39 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

This reminds me a little of the different festivals they had in Harvest Moon. Which might be an inoffensive route they could go ....

Wed May 27, 2009 5:52 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Heh, i must admit i played Harvest Moon before... And yeah, looking a bit back, i can see they are kinda simmilar to what i wrote.

Wed May 27, 2009 6:05 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Alot of great ideas ! Maybe too much for 1 expansion pack but the bit i thought was really good was the favourites thing - you could be happier say when it was summer if you particulaly liked it - like getting a moodlet or something. Oh yeah and the aging on vacation has to happen that was so annoying before - my sim did die on vacation though he was caught in a fire on one of those beach camp fires lol.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:56 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

[idiot sim lol]

and it's sims 3... it should be much more content in EP's then in sims 2 :ohyeah:
anyone agrees?

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:27 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
I bought the happy holiday stuff SP for TS2 and I was a Muslim back then, but I still buy stuff that includes holidays.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:03 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

i'd like an expansion pack with holidays and weather combined. i wonder how much they're actually going to be willing to put in one expansion pack. they are still a money hungry company so i think we might get 2 ideas AT LEAST in an expansion, if not just one idea. making an expansion pack with 3 ideas will make them leave important little things out. i think it's better for them to make expansions with only 1 or 2 ideas at a time. that way they make more money, too. and so a third idea isn't wasted on an entire expansion pack with 2 other ideas.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:43 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

actually it has 2 main EP ideas, and one SP idea... ... ...

Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:02 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Debbie
I like he ideas you bring forward here.
I also wonder how they will put a weather system in TS3.
Will there be dark clouds that you can see coming from a distance, knowing that it's going to rain/hail/snow, or will it be like in TS2 for the whole town at once.
Seeing how the open neighborhood works with a real sun and moon cycle, it might be so that in one part of the neighborhood it's raining, while in the other not, depending on where the clouds are.
I think they have much more options with this then they had with TS2.
Maybe for unlucky sims they can get a single dark cloud that follows them around for some time. :laugh:

- Cats regard people as warmblooded furniture. -
- No matter where you go, there you are. -
My sims page!

Click HERE to read the best legacy story ever!
*** Join the Render Girl Cult - RGC FTW ***

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]