View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:03 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 So EA, you wanted to advertise? 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post So EA, you wanted to advertise?
Hmm.. so one of our main ideas about the delay is that EA wanted more time to promote.

Now, there is a difference between people like us and regular people. We get updates from the sources, but most people, your everyday person who is not as advanced on the internet, usually would just go to TheSims3.EA.com

Now, we know they have been posting the Creators Camp stuff, but other than that.. the last public screen shot they have posted is Monty and Bella. For us, that is AGES ago, before the release date was even changed. But, for the average person, that's all they got.

So tell me, how is that a good promotion?

Whats your take?

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:46 am
Still a Sim Goddess
Still a Sim Goddess

Post Re: So EA, you wanted to advertise?
My take? Be patient and more advertising will come up closer to the release date.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Roomie
Roomie

I sorta want to see a tv commercial :sad: ....but maybe that's just me. :blush:

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:54 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

My take is that they should stay with what they have until the release gets closer. Dont waste all your advertising early otherwise it gets repetitive.

People are already complaining because we have already been told all we are going to be told.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:45 am
Simmer
Simmer

Scoop on the nieghborhood creator would be nice, maybe some sort small demo, and more, how do I word it, “specific” images, instead of ones where fans are guessing what’s going on, like images of just items or a nice version of the full neighborhood. A web game could get some hype going, too.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:27 am
Profile WWW
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Yeah you've got to wonder, I mean if they're waiting until closer to the release date to advertise then why did they push the release date back so far?

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:36 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

They could release a cas demo early and that would advertise the game a lot better.People will show their friends what beautiful sims you can make and what patterns you can put on their clothes.Their friends would get hooked and decide to buy the game.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:46 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Hmm.. well it was just my rant/idea.

I understand the whole repetative thing now. I guess when you put it into perspective.. we still have about 3 months until the release. I always wonder how long they knew they were gonna delay it, because there wasn't too many updates in late January.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:31 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Absafraginlootly wrote:
Yeah you've got to wonder, I mean if they're waiting until closer to the release date to advertise then why did they push the release date back so far?

Advertising takes some thoughtful planning. Something thrown together in a week is generally not a very good advertising campaign.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:36 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Rachael
Juniper Jade wrote:
My take? Be patient and more advertising will come up closer to the release date.

Yeah i agree it a tv advert now it will be like comeing in 3 months and no body would care(well people on da forums would but no1else) i say we just have to be patient and they will be months

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:15 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I'd say that at the end of April/Early May Ea will probably step up the advertising. But it's a bit early right now to be advertising the game alot.

The Best advertising for me though would be for them to post a video just looking around town (and not anything staged just the sims living there lives in the neighborhood) and I wouldn't like anyone talking in the background as usual I'd love to just see a video of a day in the life of a Sims 3 Sim in Sunset Valley. :grin:

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:12 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Not to mention the fact that advertising is expensive. I'm sure they want it to be good ... but they aren't going to start doing it now. Maybe a month before the game is released we'll see more.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:59 pm
I'm a Stereo
I'm a Stereo

Name: Joe
goalmachine101 wrote:
I sorta want to see a tv commercial :sad: ....but maybe that's just me. :blush:

No, it isn't just you. There are LOADS of people who are waiting for one, me included!

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

The usual advertising protocol for games (that i have noticed) is start really pushing the product close to 2-1 1/2 months before the release date. Most movie previews are put on tv at most a month before the movie comes out. Rarely a little longer and most times within 2 weeks of the movie's release date. I've seen similar time frames for video game adverts.

There isn't really a place outside of the internet, magazines and some specialized tv shows for EA to really whip up this massive advertising campaign that they alluded to. TS2 and the expansions we're usually a word of mouth thing and most of the adverts were on the internet.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:57 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Astor
..i think they are using the internet mostly to advertise ...theres been a few articles and interviews....

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:43 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Seeing TV ads would be terrible.
Already at school I'm that "weird Sims guy", imagine if everyone saw an ad for TS3!

^On the "weird sims guy", all of the "weird sims guy"-ers are really hypocritical, as they all love SimCity and can't get enough of Spore. :rolleyes:

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:51 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Emmy
Ha, Draik, agreed!
I have a sims 3 pic as my desktop background and everyone is either like "there's a sims 3?!!" or "sims is evil!" (Doesn't make sense anyway, it's the sims is evil, geez if you're going to insult me get it right!)
I've had people use me as their sims 3 wealth of information and I've been asked "Is there teen pregnancy?" About 10 times now. :rolleyes:

I Image Brianne, Simaholic, Shadowsim & Ayo

Proud member of the I Don't Have Sims 3 (Yet) Club! Put this on your sig if you are too! >=D

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:40 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Spodee wrote:
Ha, Draik, agreed!
I have a sims 3 pic as my desktop background and everyone is either like "there's a sims 3?!!" or "sims is evil!" (Doesn't make sense anyway, it's the sims is evil, geez if you're going to insult me get it right!)
I've had people use me as their sims 3 wealth of information and I've been asked "Is there teen pregnancy?" About 10 times now. :rolleyes:

Lol. Im kind of glad now that not many people notice me. Although so many people know that i am a Pussycat Dolls fan. I was asked if it was 'Boobies' about 10 times, so i can relate.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:58 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Spodee wrote:
Ha, Draik, agreed!

Ugh... whenever we're in class, because we're a laptop school, there's one person in particular, who is always going "ARE YOU PLAYING SIMS?", "STOP PLAYING SIMS!" "MISS! JACK'S PLAYING SIMS!". I know when you're talking about the missing the. Sometimes I just want to grab him by the shoulders, shake his as hard as he can and shout into his ears "IT'S THE SIMS! NOT SIMS! AND NO I'M NOT PLAYING THE SIMS, I'M DOING MY WORK, WHILE YOU'RE SITTING THERE PLAYING SPORE!"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:33 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

mitchmacca92 wrote:
Lol. Im kind of glad now that not many people notice me. Although so many people know that i am a Pussycat Dolls fan. I was asked if it was 'Boobies' about 10 times, so i can relate.

Ha, same. I just moved here and about 3 people know i play sims in my school, and they are all good friends, and no body really knows i am on this forum 24/7 except 1 person, and everyone just pretty much knows im good at computers.

I'm starting to think that there is gonna be 3 more trailers.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:26 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next